“Total Luxury”

Ranked #48 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Nottingham
“Total Luxury”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Overall the hotel is fabulous. Try to get a half board option, it's great value for money and the Jumeirah Chain really excel themselves in the delivery of it. The staff are friendly, in general cannot do enough for you and appear happy to help where they can. In particular 'Danny' in the Club Lounge who is very professional and ensures everything is to a high standard. It's a pleasant resort where everyone speaks, which I find refreshing and pleasant. We would love to return and plan on doing so in the near future.

Room Tip: Club Room - Sea View
2 Thank Paula K
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent hotel, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the very near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,296)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I have recently returned from a 6 night stay at the JZS. We stayed on half board basis which was excellent for us as we chose to eat at a different restaurant each night including a night at the nearby Madinat hotel. The restaurant choices were excellent - Indian, Lebanese, Turkish, Buffet, Vietnamese/French (additional supp). Currently under construction is a Rib Room which will be an excellent addition.
The decor of the hotel is opulent and elegant and kept spotlessly clean.
We booked the Club Lounge option and thought this was excellent, as mentioned in many reviews previously the staff are very helpful and attentive. This level of service made a big difference to our experience. Thanks to Manju & his team. This option gave us breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks & canapés. The meals were menu based and the team were more than happy to accommodate personal preferences. The afternoon tea was as good as any we have had in London.
Our room had a view overlooking the palm, the bed was very comfortable and again kept spotlessly clean. Chocolates on the pillow were a special touch.
The sunbeds around the pool was always busy during our stay but we always found a bed on the beach. Complimentary water is provided all day and the occasional ice lolly.
We used the hotel shuttle which runs every two hours to Wild Wadi and the Mall of Emirates. Taxis are also very cheap.
We visited the hotel spa which is complimentary (except treatments) where there are separate areas for ladies and gents. The couples area is available at an additional cost.
During our stay we decided that we definitely needed to return to this hotel and are already looking forward to next year.

2 Thank silva2010
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the very near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort, and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide such fond memories.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My daughter and I chose this for our first holiday to Dubai and it was the best decision we could have made. The hotel oozes class and elegance, the staff are so friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble - and the accommodation is absolutely gorgeous. Our room had a lovely view over the gardens to the beach and the Arabian Sea and it was a joy to sleep at night in the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel. We were on half board and had a choice of superb restaurants. I have to admit that the Imperium was my favourite. Amro, the restaurant supervisor, made sure we had everything we wanted and kept us laughing with his jokes and tales. The food and service there were second to none. I cannot rate it highly enough. We are now planning our next holiday to Dubai and I wouldn't dream of going to a different hotel. When you find the best, what is the point of going elsewhere? I have not rated the Spa simply because we didn't use it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Louise T
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you chose our Hotel over the many options available in Dubai and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high level of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent architecture.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our third visit to this hotel on our way back from thailand we stayed 4 magical nights we just love this hotel soon as you walk through the doors you are greeted with smiles & hello,s from all the staff let alone the lovely aroma you get as you enter. check in was quick & smooth.They took us straight to the room on the 5th floor.Room still kept to a very high standard the bed & pillows make for one hell of a good night sleep & the coffee machine great house keeping faultless. We upgrade to club which is now in pool villa (38) temporarily they are having new club lounge built.The club lounge manager MANJU was a amazing & all is staff Saufione,joseph,Samar, Danny,Canan, Veronica,Natalia where outstanding. We would like to give a special mention to chef Sushant, Anand,Surdeep Wolfgang & Abdul who cooked some tremendous meals in Imperium the service from Ruben,Ivan, Nick,Alex,natalia,Chelsea was great many thanks. No problem getting sun loungers as not school holidays Ruth& Elizebeth look after us again with towels & ice & water let alone Terry the ice lolly man what a nice guy :) There no problems getting off the palm the hotel have courtesy busses that run to other hotels,waterpark,shopping mall. Getting a taxi from outside the hotel are quite cheep as well.We found this hotel offers the tranquillity that we like so much conpared to other hotel that we used in the pass thats why we have booked to go back again late september:) We like like to give a special thankyou to Rahul, Roza,Manoj who looked after us so well.

4 Thank JanJaneNottingham
Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for taking the time to share such a complimenting review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

I am also pleased to note that you have recalled the names of many the colleagues who impressed you by their personal attention and professionalism. Rest assured they will be further motivated by your comments that I have shared with them, and it will be my pleasure to recognize them for their efforts and going the extra mile.

I am thrilled to know you will be staying with us again in September and look forward to welcoming you back personally.

england
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the JZS at the end of May. It was a fabulously opulent hotel, check in was smooth, the staff were friendly and eager to help.

The room is possibly one of the best styled rooms I have stayed in (and I have been lucky enough to visit some pretty fantastic hotels!). There was plenty of storage, a large king size bed, a fantastic bathroom, the bath has to be seen and a view of both the mainland and the sea (room 555 thoroughly recommended to stay in). My only gripe was that the hospitality tray was poor and not very well thought through. I was unfortunate to spill the cafetiere a number of times due to the fact it did not fit the tray properly, no big deal but a coffee maker would have been a better option. There was a serious lack of milk too, no doubt we could have called down to room service but you don't really want to bother staff for a bit milk. Other than that it was a fantastic room, definitely in my top 5 favourite rooms

The resort is huge and opulent, there is no attention to detail missed. There are staff maintaining the resort every hour of every day, they Really go above and beyond to ensure that the resort is pristine. The pool is lovely though be warned you have to be down ultra early, the hotel was busy when we were there and there was never an opportunity to lie by the pool due to the fact people. Were holding du loungers whilst they tootled off to breakfast. I asked an attendant for a few loungers by. The pool, I was told to get up earlier.....it's was 8:30am.....not the response I would have hoped for in a 5 star resort. Surely there should be a policy of no reserved sun loungers if the resort wishes to maintain the exclusive air it aims for. Although the beach is an option, I personally don't like the beach, I prefer the pool or at least loungers in nice gardens and to be told by staff to get up earlier and not offered any help to find another solution why the resort only gets 4 stars. That said the pool and beach are well maintained and lovely to look at, we were lucky enough to see dolphins off the beach one day, a lovely experience.

The restaurants are good, we were half board and tried a number of restaurants throughout the Jumeirah chain (will review separately) . Imperium was great, buffet breakfasts were huge and with great choice, we also ate an evening buffet there and it was also good. Lamellar was disappointing as the food ordered wasn't cooked correctly (prawns) . Give the staff credit, they offered an alternative and the service was excellent.

Whilst some people may not like being on the Palm, we loved it, the mainland was within easy reach (private taxis were easy to get and reasonable) but there was a peace to the area which I preferred as opposed the hustle and bustle of the mainland.

Overall the hotel is fabulous. If they could get the pool/sun lounger issue sorted out the resort would be perfect. Try to get a half board option, it's great value for money and the Jumeirah Chain really excel themselves in the delivery of it. The staff are friendly, in general cannot do enough for you and appear happy to help where they can. It's a pleasant resort where everyone speaks, which I find refreshing and pleasant. We would love to return and plan on doing so in the near future

Room Tip: Room 555 great views of the mainland and the sea.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anneloo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgement of our opulent architecture, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

I am also grateful for the areas you have identified where you feel we could improve. Rest assured your feedback in regard to the sun lounger around the pool has been discussed with the relevant managers to focus on this area for remedial improvements.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

england
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

An excellent holiday overall. I booked with Virgin Holidays and they were great. The hotel lives up to all the good things said previously. I managed to get into my room after an early arrival at 9.30am, which was great. I strongly recommend the spa and a treatment ( the Balinese massage was great). The staff were excellent and facilitates are great. Breakfast in the Imperium is amazing- a wealth of choices in the buffet. The shuttle bus is very handy for wild wadi and the shopping mall. Over- all, I loved my stay in this hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

Evenley
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stunning hotel and amazing decor. We went there for the Saturday Jazz Brunch and all I can say is: Magnificent!!! I pigged out oysters, crab, lobster, king prawns to begin with, then I sampled the fois gras served on pieces of toast and I sampled it again ad again and again. Delicious. I then managed a few slices of roast lamb and beef, too full for the beef Wellington and other numerous dishes but had a bit of room left for the scrumptious deserts. Sadly, I just couldn't find any room for the selection of different cheeses that were so ripe, they were running off the platter. All this washed down with cinnamon laced sparkling wine. Totally and utterly fantastic.

Room Tip: Definitely worth a trip on to The Palm in a taxi or drive there and get an Uber, driver to drive you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our opulent hotel and high level of customer service provided by our team of committed colleagues.

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments our culinary offering at our Jazz Brunch at Imperium.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Brunch Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.