“Opulent palatial hotel”

Ranked #49 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Liverpool
“Opulent palatial hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is our third year in Dubai, having previous stayed at Jumeirah beach hotel and Mina a'Salam. We have enjoyed all of these lovely hotels for different reasons.
This time we opted for a 9 night May half term break at Zabeel Saray and it's fair to say we were not disappointed.
For me, the most impressive aspect of Zabeel Saray is the opulent decor, it simply cannot be faulted and is a real beauty to behold. The rooms are large and well-equipped too. I did indulge in the huge bath and felt like I was in a swimming pool ! Rooms were always well cleaned and tidy.
The pool area was again nice, although very busy as it was half term. I have to concur with other reviewers about the sunbed situation - getting up at 8am on holiday simply to get a space by the pool really does not appeal to me! I was shocked to observe people reserving beds early in the morning - then not return until lunch time. I wouldn't really expect this from a hotel of this calibre. Now I know this is clearly not the fault of the hotel but perhaps this situation could be managed better by them.
The beach was fine but not as good as Jumeirah Beach - but as we are not big beach people so it wasn't an issue for us.
Anyway - our children enjoyed meeting new friends at the kids club and visiting the hotel cinema, the free popcorn provided at the cinema is a nice touch.
The location of the hotel again was not a huge issue for us - we were well aware of this when we booked and it was no problem at all getting a taxi to travel around if need be.
We enjoyed the hotels restaurants. We were somewhat surprised to find that the Lebanese restaurant actually turned out to be our favourite. The staff there were exceptionally warm and welcoming and that really made a difference. The food was beautiful too. Indeed, the staff in all of the restaurants were good and Anass (I hope I've got the name right) from the Turkish restaurant made our daughters evening by surprising her within additional portion of her starter (cheese rolls) after he heard her comment how much she liked them. What a thoughtful touch.
We again spent several evenings over on
Jumeirah beach at our favourite restaurants there too - villa beach (JBH), beachcombers (JBH), Segreto (madinat) and all were lovely again. You really are spoilt for choice with so many nice places to eat. We had a lovely afternoon tea at Sultans lounge (JZS) and it was delightful too.
Yes - be prepared to pay excessive amounts for alcohol - but given you are in a top hotel in Dubai it is what we have come to expect.
I did visit the spa at the hotel and it was amazing - again just the decor in itself will blow you away.
All in all we had a lovely time at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and we wouldn't hesitate in returning.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank hollybobbers
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our high levels of customer service and recognizing Anas, fine selection of restaurants, culinary fare, exquisite spa facilities and our opulent hotel.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,294)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a fabulous stay here for my birthday at the end of April, Staff were very attentive no complaints at all would certainly return without any hesitation.
The club was a wonderful part and the staff there were excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort for your birthday above the many options available in Dubai.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little gem on Palm Jumeirah in the near future.

northamptonshire england
Reviewed 30 June 2014

WOW, where do I start!, from our arrival around 8.30 am, we were greeted on arrival at reception with a warm welcome, taken to a seating area in reception to cool down, and were given a refreshing drink, and cold hand towels which was a nice touch. As most people have stated in there reviews, on entering the Zabeel Saray, you will be blown away with the opulent decor, which is situated throughout the entire hotel. We stayed here for five night, six days, and we would have loved to have stayed longer. The staff throughout the hotel are second to none, and can not do enough for you 24/7.Our room on the 5th floor was AMAZING, super king delux, number 557.this room was fit for royalty, and the dressing gowns, and slippers, chocolates on the pillows (every night) were a lovely touch. The food was amazing, we had most of our meals in the imperium resteraunt, breakfast being amazing. One night we dined at the Indian, Amala which was very nice, and on the last night we took a trip to the Madinet, and used our half board dine around vouchers and had an evening meal, which was out of this world, and highly recommended at the mexican there.The pool area is fantastic, and we never had a problem getting a sunbed, the beach again superb, with constant water stations replenishing you all day, staff bringing you ice lollies, fruit, and even cucumber for your eyes. Overall this was the best holiday, in the best hotel me and my wife have ever experienced, all made special by the Zabeel Saray staff, from the maids, to reception staff.Thank you all so much, and we are planning our return next year!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with any room given, and any view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hammers68
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure to read your wonderful review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation of your positive feedback.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, fine selection of Restaurants and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with such fond memories.

Lancashire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here last year and could not fault the place everything was perfect service and staff. Returned this year hoping to have the same experience but from the start we where disappointed staff were rude not helpful and service was appalling, restaurant staff and room service!!!! We mentioned this on check out to what we think was the manager but basically got laughed at and asked is that it? It's the little things that count to hotels like that! Out off all the fabulous hotels in dubai I will not be returning here again, I would advise to stay else where!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Silvermalibu
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience from the colleagues, restaurants, room service and upon check out that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for 2nights, there are both positives and negatives. Did not spend a lot of time in the hotel but for the time spent this is what i can pen down:

Positives:
1) Fantastic rooms, spacious and bathroom is amazing.
2) Waiters were extremely friendly.
3) Nice Food.

Negatives:
1) upon arrival, the checkin desk seems like a "temporary set up", was not very welcomed in the hotel by the staff i met initially. Had to wait a while to get checked-in and the checkin person said "1st come 1st serve", HOW can you say that when there is not system in place to say who came 1st..pretty rediculous. Answer was " we just know"???..this is very poor.
2) waiting on arrival - I saw several guests being offered free drinks, we were not offerred, until i complained and the staff tried to cover it up by saying i was about it..Not nice when people who came after me got served, I just hope it was not due to the color of my skin.. Although the staff did apologise.
3) took nearly 40 mins to get one of my luggage in storage back to my room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sipzstar
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our exquisite facilities, warm hospitality and culinary fare.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience during arrival that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies for waiting time and response from our colleague in the arrival lounge. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Dubai to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We booked through Thomas Cook Signature and flew with Emirates. On our arrival at the hotel we were stunned by its grandeur and friendly staff. The facilities and service were exceptional throughout our stay. The restaurants were a little disappointing apart from Plaj (beach bar) where the food was brilliant. The shuttle bus was great. Overall we fantastic holiday and plan to return to Dubai in the future and will definately stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank greycraigs01
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort for celebrating your birthdays above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality, exquisite facilities and shuttle bus service. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience from some restaurants that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is stunning! The rooms are very spacious and the view is stunning! We had dinner at Lalezar which was really good but the buffet breakfast was to die for! Best breakfast i have seen in a long time. I would difinitely recommend this hotel and hope to be able to go back sometime soon! Thank you!

Room Tip: Deluxe Sea view right above the pool - #585 stunning!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Angie M
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our high levels of our exquisite room facilities, fine selection of restaurants and culinary fare.