“Jumeirah Zabeel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
uk
“Jumeirah Zabeel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just back from a week at the Zabeel Saray, amazing hotel and staff going above and beyond all expectation to ensure the perfect holiday! Compared to the other Jumeirah hotels in Dubai the Zabeel felt more personal with a greater attention to detail. Never a problem booking tables or finding a place at the pool or beach. Stayed in a club room and the staff in the lounge were top quality making us feel a valued guest with the best service at all times. Will be back sometime soon!!

Room Tip: Book a club room
4 Thank bjtours101
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our high levels of customer service and attention to details. Thank you for recognizing Executive Club Lounge colleagues who impressed you by their finest service professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,251)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bonnybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and honestly cannot see us going anywhere else. We were met at the taxi by Roza who took us through the seemless check in procedure, our suite wasn't available so we were treated to breakfast. Didn't need to wait long for our room which was great considering we arrived well before check in time in the morning, Roza found us and took us to the room. Our suite (609) was absolutely stunning, the attention to detail, cleanliness and ambiance are exactly what makes us keep returning for more. The beds are so comfy and the spacious room amazing, This suite had a couple of sun loungers on the balcony as well as table and chairs which were great for relaxing at the end of the day with a little drink. We ate in Amala on our first and last night and also twice in Lalezar which was amazing, the food is fabulous. We met a couple when travelling to the mall and gave them a couple of pointers, I guess if you are on here then you are doing a bit of research but for this couple they hadn't (older with no internet) so they didn't realise that they could get the little free bus to Madinat and go for a tour on the Abra (water boat) to various restaurants. We got a thank you letter under our door which was lovely, although how they managed to track us down is amazing, obviously with the help of the front desk, I guess that is why this hotel is so special to us, they go the extra mile to ensure the personal service is paramount. When the two of us went to the gym on our own, we were asked where Ryan our son was. The guys out front opened the taxi door and said, welcome back, Ryan not with you today? Honestly how on earth do they remember names from the thousands of people who go through the hotel each year. I am blown away with the attention to detail. Special thanks to Manju who is now managing the club lounge, afternoon tea was lovely there and as always a massive thank you to Rahul Sharma who makes our stay perfect. We are only back a few weeks and I have priced up to go again although next time we will be returning with Mum and Dad, sister and all her family as well as us again, they said they have listened to us and want a piece of luxury for themselves. I love this hotel so much, I recommend it to everyone, don't hesitate, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lou2906
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation of your positive feedback.

Indeed, we do pride ourselves on our fabulous team of colleagues who are equally grateful for your warm acknowledgement of our efforts to exceed your expectations. I was delighted to read your recognition to Roza, Rahul and Manjunath for their thoughtfulness and professionalism. Hence, I will definitely pass on your kind accolades to them.

Thank you for you acknowledging our exquisite facilities, fine selection of Restaurants and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with such fond memories.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is my first day back at home since returning from JZS, and wow.. what can I say... we're already looking into booking for next year! Having regularly stayed in the Jumeirah group in Dubai and across the world, this is by far my favourite hotel of the group.
The hotel itself was amazing, luxurious opulent decor, with beautiful shops and stunning restaurants.

The rooms were spacious and grand, and provided everything we needed for our 10 night stay. Asprey amenities were a lovely touch too. The bathrooms were again very spacious with both a HUGE bath and shower. The beds were amazing, we had to set an alarm each morning just to wake up.. they were that good!

The service is second to none, with nothing too much trouble. Even when we had lost our mobile phone in a cab, the wonderful Sunil had tracked it down for us and was able to get it returned to us. Sunil remembered our names each night, and treated us like royalty. What an asset to the hotel he is.

Beach and pool staff again were on hand for anything we needed, and were very prompt with drinks and food orders. Beach staff also made up your beds with the towels, provided unlimited amount of ice cold water, free ice lollys, cucumbers for your eyes, and mandarin slices. What more could we ask for? The half board option is great and i highly recommend to choose this option as you can eat in over 40 restaurants across the entire jumeirah group.

Check in and check out were speedy, and were given cold flannels, refreshing drinks and complimentary tea and coffee whilst we waited for our room.

The only constructive criticism i have is about the pool restaurant area. Albeit the Plaj is shaded and covered, especially in the summer months when it is extremely hot, i felt like it was quite uncomfortable to eat our lunch, and therefore could do with an indoor seating area.. similar to that of Jumeirah beach hotel with Beachcombers and Villa Beach, which provide indoor and outdoor seating. This would also combat the issue with the birds... i had seen birds taking food from plates that were being eaten from, and even one excreting on a fellow guest whilst he was eating his lunch. However that is the only gripe we had, and it certainly did not detract away from all the other positives about this hotel.

We cant wait to return, and hopefully try out the Rib Room once construction is complete. Would most definitely recommend for couples and families. You wont be disappointed.

5 Thank CFB2007
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our opulent hotel, warm hospitality, commodious rooms and fine selection of Restaurants. Thank you for recognizing Sunil who impressed you by his responsiveness and professionalism.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience from the Plaj restaurant that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared immediate action and remedial improvement.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and to experience the Rib Room in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We reecently travelled with Virgin holidays to the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. As a family, we would highly recommend this hotel, without reservation, as being one of the best hotels that Dubai has to offer. Spotlessly clean, highly professional and extremely helpful staff and a fantastic choice of quality restaurants, the hotel really does offer a magnificent holiday experience. Thank you to everyone at Zabeel Saray, you have given us some great memories.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

1 Thank Fraserrich
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our immaculate hotel, fine selection of Restaurants and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with such fond memories.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Jumeirah Zabeel hotel between 1st - 8th June this year and would highly recommend it.

The hotel is situated on the far end of the Palm and therefore a very quiet area. It is a developing area and over the next couple of years a number of hotels will be open near by. We had done our research in advance and so knew the hotel would be out of the way - which was ideal for the type of holiday we wanted.
Taxis are very cheap and there is also a free shuttle bus if you want to get out and about.

We went on a Room Only rate as we wanted to eat out at various restaurants, but we did also have some meals in the hotel, our favourite being Amala which is the Indian Restauarant. It was the best indian food I have ever had.
The first day we had breakfast in the main buffet- but thereafter opted for breakfast in the Sultan's lounge which was very reasonable.
Overall, the food in the hotel is expensive - but it is a 5 star hotel after all - therefore you are going to pay 5 star prices. We found the price of food to be very similar to other high quality restaurants in Dubai.

We stayed in a room which looked towards the marina - which was a lovely view.
The room itself was spacious - my favourite part was the bathroom which had a HUGE bath and separate monsoon shower.

My favourite part of the hotel was the Talise Ottoman Spa. It is simply stunning and puts all of the spa's in the UK to shame. Hotel guests can visit for free- as many times as you like. We also had a couples massage which was lovely.

Staff in the hotel are very friendly and cannot do enough to help. A couple of times I was not sure where I was going- and by the time I glanced over my shoulder - someone was there to assist me. It was very impressive.

My only criticism was that the reception staff did not seem to be as friendly.

Overall - a perfect holiday.
We hope to go back in the future :)

1 Thank S4ryhcarr
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our commodious rooms, warm hospitality and exquisite spa facilities.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience from the reception that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant colleagues involved for remedial improvement.

Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here this weekend with friends and overall had a great time.
The room - a standard room - was gorgeous with a beautiful view of Dubai.
My friends and I loved the pool area and the service at the pool - the attendants who made up your seat, brought you water, served you, were all courteous and prompt with their service.
The pool itself was excellent. Huge, able to accommodate the crowds, and kept at the perfect temperature in the Dubai summer heat.
seating around the pool can be competitive and I say that the seating on the pool/ on the beach is better than the seating on the grass that they have. The grass is hotter for some reason.
We ordered room service and the delivery was quick and proper. Food was good.
My friend was in another room and though the room was exactly the same the view was slightly better - over the palm and the pool. My room, while having a nice view of the city, also had a view of the power plants in the distance. I'd rather have the view of the pool/ rest of the palm.
Also, the air conditioner in my friend's room made a loud sound throughout the night that prevented him from sleeping. He called the reception and they sent somebody who simply dismissed his concerns. He was rather offended at the indifference so he complained higher up and spoke to a duty manager. This person then helped out quite a bit - reduced his rate by 50%. He was satisfied with the service.
Overall I would recommend the hotel. It's beautiful and the pool area is nice. Food is good - i ate at the poolside restaurant and had room service. Prices were decent and food of high quality.
I like this hotel and think that it's a great escape for a weekend or long weekend. Just be aware that the drive into Dubai can take awhile to get off the Palm, so really consider this property if you just want to detach and relax, not really if you want to dive into all the shopping/ dining available in the rest of Dubai.

Room Tip: I'd recommend asking for a hotel overlooking the pool and the rest of the palm. the other side...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jasoncrh
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your kind review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our exquisite pool facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

A fab hotel , this was our second visit in two years. Spent a week there last month and loved it, there around the same time last year. The rooms are spacious, staff are all so nice the grounds, pool etc are immaculate. We had the half board option which is a great deal. Tried all the restaurants and the food and service was fab. Last year the service around the pool was disorganised but thats all changed this year service was excellent. Will definitely return in the future for a week of total relaxation ....bliss.

5 Thank Diana C
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am delighted we have been successful in achieving this during your stay, particularly our commodious facilities, warm hospitality, enhanced pool service and well recognized restaurants.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.