“First class - thanks to the Club Lounge team”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #49 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Belfast, United Kingdom
“First class - thanks to the Club Lounge team”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Having travelled with First Class with BA to Dubai, the standard for our holiday had already been set extremely high! And we were not disappointed. We had a luxurious chauffer driven journey to the Zabeel Saray and, having arrived early in the morning and our room not white ready, were offered breakfast in the luxurious and comfortable surroundings of the Club Lounge. The room itself was spectacular (as is the hotel throughout): fantastic pool/sea view; super king sixed bed that was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in; an ottoman style bath and large walk-in shower. The pool, beach, grounds and hotel were immaculately maintained. The pool area could be quite noisy, even though there is a completely separate area for children. As such, we tended to relax on the beach instead. We sampled most of the may restaurants: the French/Vietnamese (my partner's favourite), the Lebanese (my favourite), the Turkish (a close second for us, although the most ENORMOUS amount of food!), the beachside Italian/International (lovely chilled surroundings away from the business of the hotel), the Indian and the main buffet restaurant (where the selection and quality of the food remained excellent despite the size - thought this one is very much more for families and doesn't offer the quieter surroundings of some of the other restaurants). While the presence and beauty of the hotel were outstanding, the standards of service marked our stay out as truly exceptional. We chose the Club Package so had access to the Club Lounge and all the associated services throughout our stay. This also provided us with the highest standards of service. Indeed, the hotel itself is very large but the staff at the Club Lounge made the surroundings feels much more intimate and personal. Managed by Manju, we received a warm welcome from all the staff and individual attention from Manju himself. Indeed, the staff went above and beyond on a continuous basis: for example, after we checked out, Manju ensured we had lunch and that we had access to hotel facilities (showers etc) until we departed. If we had anything to feed back at all, it would be (constructively) to say that it might have been useful to have a clearer run-through of what the Club Package offered from the outset so we could have made the most of what available (we did feed this back to Manju personally and it turned out he had not been on duty the day we arrived but he promised to ensure this was addressed in future). Overall, a fantastic trip: First Class air travel combined with First Class surroundings and First Class service courtesy of the Club Lounge team. We are now spoiled for life!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MKEG2014
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities, Awards winning Talise Ottoman Spa, well recognized restaurants, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise.

Thank you for recognizing Manjunath and Club Lounge colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little gem on Palm Jumeirah in the near future.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,279)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, U.K.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a weeks break..our 4th visit to JZS for my Birthday. A Birthday cake was waiting in our suite on arrival. A very thoughtful touch.
Booked a Junior suite, which like all the rooms we've had previously was spacious, clean & very comfortable. The Junior suite also comes with a Nespresso Cube coffee machine & a Jumeirah beach bag & Phillips sound system for i-pods/CD's (read my previous reviews for other comments).
The housekeeping staff are attentive & very friendly & change towels & bedlinen daily & replenish shampoo, shower gels, (Asprey products) etc also on a daily basis. Should you require any further items for your room, (as I did with coat hangers & a directional nozzle for the hairdryer), they are very prompt at delivering these.
All hotel staff in the restaurants such as "Imperium", (see previous review), are very attentive & cannot do enough for you. Thank-you Sweetesh!
We also ate at the Indian Restaurant "Amala"...again excellent food & service...thanks to Moben!
Poolside attendants & the lifeguards are very professional & helpful.
Our thanks to Ruth & Thomson!
The hotel has opulent surroundings, but a very relaxed & welcoming atmosphere.
My only complaint...too many children with inflatables & footballs in the main pool area ; there is a children's pool at the Children's Club, but apparently parents are charged for its use,(they have lots of facilities there for the children),hence they all migrate to the main pool.
It can get a bit noisy with with over-excited children, so unless you plug yourself into your i-pod/phone you'll not be able to relax as you may want.
A couple of guests including myself were splashed constantly by flying beach balls in & around the pool,(only one particular day), & one gentleman was hit in the face by a football....another had a drink knocked over.
We love staying at JZS & have booked to go back again in September for a fortnight.
Already looking forward to returning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pitlanejane
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort for your birthday celebration above the many options available in Dubai.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging our high levels of customer service, opulent hotel and exquisite facilities.

Thank you for recognizing Sweetesh, Moben, Ruth and Thomson who impressed you by their excellent service and ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for.

I am also very pleased to know that you will return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in September. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with such fond memories.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Arrived at the hotel and was given an amazing room as we had booked the deluxe ocean/sea view room.
Unfortunately woke up the following morning to cold water running in the shower, I rang to complain and in all fairness someone came immediately to sort the problem out. we went out and came back to the same problem again. All we wanted was a hot shower. Rang reception to complain and they did the same....temporary fix.
Woke up the next morning to COLD WATER again and complained again it was supposed to be fixed. At about 2a. in the morning a could hear water dripping, thinking another family member has left a tap on i went to investiage....To my HORROR there was water coming from the ceiling in the bathroom....SHOCK..I immediately rang reception to inform them and someone was sent immediately...At 2.15 am we was moved to a family room which was nice but not what we booked.
The following morning my husband complained and we was given an Exceptional upgrade to the Imperial Suite on the 6th floor.....Amazing....which we stayed in for the duration of the holiday (11 nights).
Downside was yes the water problem and also people pinching your sun loungers eventhough your towels & papers are left on them, you need to put towels at poolside early as they were taken quickly and if you did not return to your sun lounger quickly....RUDE people pinched them.
Overall a good Hotel and staff amazing...Would i return to the hotel....NO.
I have been going to Dubai for 6 years now and this was not one of my best hotels.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the higher floors, better views. Get to pool side sun loungers early to ge...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mina P
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our amazing colleagues.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience from the bathroom and sun loungers that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and restoring your confidence in us and our services.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed in Zabeel Saray 3 times (twice in the lagoon villa and once in standard rooms). Overall we have enjoyed our stay and my children (3 and 5) seem to love it. The cinema room with popcorn, ice lollies on the beach and kids club were very much a hit with our kids. We have never had any issues with the service until our last day, when i came down to pay the bill.
I have noticed that some bills were added to the room that i didn't recognise. Clearly, i don't remember EVERY single thing i order but something seemed strange, like night snacks (i went to bed at 11pm) or restaurants that i haven't visited at all. I asked to view a signed check so i can see my signature or the room number.
The first check they brought from the Lebanese restaurant which i have never visited during my 3 stays at Zabeel Saray. After stating that, they swiftly apologised, saying it was a mistake and was suppose to be the bill for some villa guest. I can understand one mistake! I asked to see the second odd bill. There was no clear room number, no signature, just scribbles. And again, sorry, its was a mistake!!!! For the third (!!!!!! and im not joking) bill, same thing, scribbles.....even i couldn't understand. I asked if this is how they work and just put a random room number if they have failed to check a signed bill by the guest. The reception lady replied that there was a mistake due to the fact that same nationality guests were staying at the hotel and there must have been a mix up!!!!!!! How can a five star hotel even say that???? Seem more like a con that an explanation.
After settling all 3 errors (totalling about $350) the girl at the reception tells me (with a smirk) to check maybe for some other added bills that seemed odd. I asked whether this is a standard issue guests are having upon checkout because this is not normal. She didn't reply and what could she say. Its not just one bill, its 3!!!!! And i shouldn't have to wait for managers to search a signed bill of every restaurant i dine in.
I was extremely disappointed because we really enjoyed our stays in Zabeel and never had any problems but this was just plain wrong. We were flying from Abu Dhabi in morning and had to leave early and therefore i was not able to raise this issue with the manager as he/she was not in during those hours. And the receptionist seemed too incompetent. Mistakes are possible but a 5 star hotel should provide an proper explanation for those mistakes and apologise accordingly. I have a Gold Serius card, which means NOTHING....makes no difference at all.
I wish everyone a pleasant stay but check your bills upon check out!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay above the club, too noisy apparently.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Jet154
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience upon check-out that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you're wanting a hotel that you can indulge yourself and not have to leave, this is a good option. The lobby, rooms, restaurants, pool, grounds and service are all 5 star.
The only downfall is that it takes 10 - 15 minutes to get off the palm, let alone into Dubai to see any attractions. Not that this is the fault of the hotel, it's just not a very good location to explore the rest of Dubai. There are many other hotels which are much more central.
The free shuttle bus is a nice touch but only runs every couple of hours and it is quite draining going in and out of town..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Saray and thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality, fine selection of restaurants and exquisite facilities.

Whilst the location of the hotel is an advantage due to its peaceful surroundings, we regret that it was not to your satisfaction.

Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

four day stay at the end of June was exellent,the Hotel is at the end of the Palm in dubai,
throughout our stay the service was exemelary,with all the staff extremely polite and helpful.

the grounds and premises are very well looked after and have a very luxurious feel

would thoroughly recommend for a short stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pest12
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our high levels of customer service, opulent hotel and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about the hotel was top class. Lots of lifeguards around the pool, amazing, friendly staff, couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The room was huge and had every comfort. Definitely worth upgrading to club lounge. Gives you breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea with cakes and snacks and also happy (2hrs) hour in the evening with alcohol and canapes. Staff at the club lounge were outstanding. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah M
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for your kind acknowledgements of our commodious rooms, exquisite facilities and warm hospitality.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for recognizing Club Lounge colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.