“Opulent Hotel but in a somewhat isolated position”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #49 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Kerikeri, New Zealand
“Opulent Hotel but in a somewhat isolated position”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our 6th time in Dubai. Located on the Palm quite a drive from the airport. There are no shops, restaurants or cafes nearby. We only spent 1 night here on our way back to NZ after spending 3 days in peaceful Oman.
We were met at our taxi by the bell boy and another staff member who gave us a warm welcome and escorted us to check in where we were seated in a nice lounge area. A lovely young lady checked us in and the service was friendly, polished and professional, but as we were quite early our room was not yet ready but this gave us time to explore the hotel. It was Ramadan so no welcome drink and some of the restaurants and coffee shop closed until the evening.

The interior of the hotel is beautiful and our deluxe sea view room was large, well furnished with a large bathroom with all the amenities and an enormous Roman type bath which took 45 minutes to fill. The only negative was the balcony which was not private at all. Just had a low fence around it with balconies either side we all had a full view of each others balconies.

There was an astro felt lawn in front of the balcony and then a wall so you couldn't see down below. We did look out on to the Dubai Marina and Atlantis in the distance.

We wanted to dine at the Imperium restaurant for French cuisine but as Ramadan was only serving Arabic cuisine until 9pm. Instead we chose Voi the Vietnamese which was excellent and we enjoyed the service and the food.

The only strange thing here was when we went to the restaurant whilst our room was being made ready to reserve for the evening, The female staff member standing outside Voi wouldn't take our booking as we didn't have a room number! We do have a name! Does this mean only people staying in the hotel with a room number can book this restaurant??? The front desk finally made the booking for us.

We were actually surprised how busy the hotel was during Ramadan, and the pool and beach area were very noisy and crowded with no free seats at either location. Seemed there were a lot of package tourists. They also must get vouchers for meals as we were asked if we had any.

We enjoyed our night although we were disturbed at 10pm by housekeeping knocking on the door to ask if everything was OK. Because of the location we probably wouldn't stay here again and also we have stayed in Dubai hotels where the pool area is not so crowded and noisy.

1 Thank KiwichickAuckland
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for your acknowledgements of our warm hospitality, opulent hotel, commodious room and exquisite facilities.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects from few instances that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my sincere apologies. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and restoring your confidence in us and our services.

Stephan Schupbach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,279)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rorbas
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

It was a perfect hotel,the personal are so nice and the shuttle driver Rajendran was so friendly he explained how to use the metro and taxi. He drived very smooth. He showed how to go to the Dubai mall. He is a such a nice and a friendly person.

The cooker Anup and Nathan at the breakfast point were very nice and very speed and all the service persons, they offered us everytime coffee and tea.

Then we went to the Lebanes restaurant and we got an excelet serivce from Tony. He offered us a tasty food. Had an amazing evening.

Patrick from the reception was very friendly he offered us so many restaurant and places to visit and also Paul.

And the cleanic personal were very friendly and offered us everythig that we asked and they never said no.

The whole Zabeel Saray team were very friendly and they never said no. If I come the next to Dubai I will definitely choose Zabeel Saray because it is a perfect hotel for me.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation of your positive feedback.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality, fine selection of restaurants and culinary fare.

Thank you for recognizing Rajendran, Anup, Nathan, Tony, Patrick and Paul for their professionalism and efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I will definitely pass on your kind accolades to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little gem on Palm Jumeirah in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 10 nights last year and to be honest it was poor the pool was dirty and the staff miserable nothing really made me feel I would like to go back we got a apology but sorry doesn't really do much when your holiday has cost over £4000 shame really because the rooms are nice and the hotel and its setting is wow if your looking for an amazing luxurious hotel in dubai I think the al Qasr has to be one of the best but this one just disappointed

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jane S
Dear Guest

I am sorry to read that there were aspects from few instances that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my sincere apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. We certainly take great pride in our colleagues and attribute our success to them.

Notwithstanding your disappointment, I would like to request you to please consider these as an isolated incident and not the true standards that we strive to achieve here at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

London
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We travelled with BA from London Heathrow which was a very good flight and I would recommend them a they have recently upgraded their aircrafts. Our stay was for 7 nights.

Upon arrival at Dubai we took a taxi to the hotel as transfers were not included in package. This cost about 110 AED which is about £17.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were kindly greeted by staff and taken to a nice lounge where we were seated and a member of staff checked us in and gave us a brief overview of the hotel and its facilities. We were not provided any usual refreshments as we had arrived during the Ramadan season however normally drinks would have been provided.

We were shown to our room which was upgraded to a junior suite which we were very pleased about. It was fantastic, the first bedroom had a very well sized bed with an en-suite with shower facilities. The main bathroom had a his/hers bathroom with a large bath and a powerful rain shower head shower room. The main room was also very big with a Queen size bed and a good size television and office desk. The room also had an adequate minibar, Ipod dock with a sound bar on the wall so you could play music, a Nespresso coffee machine with all the pods so it was like home from home and fine bone china cups and utensils for tea making. I was extremely impressed by the standard of the rooms and its Ottoman style which was very nice. The in-room amenities were extremely high, all by Asprey of London and all extremely good quality. Also the in-room wifi was superb cost attain an excellent signal which was very beneficial also TV channels were very good with a selection of sports to keep in touch with tennis and F1 and also good range of films in English and the general news channels.

The next morning we were also given a plate full of French macaroons which I adore and this was a very nice treat from the guest relations manager.

The hotel is not too big compared to others such as the Atlantis which is good as its not overly crowded with people and gives the opportunity to make staff give a more bespoke touch and personal service which I enjoy. There is a large pool which although it seemed busy around was adequate but I would have thought there might have been another as there is room in the grounds of the hotel. The beach is also very good, private white sandy beaches with lots of sunbeds and parasols. The staff are very good bringing towels over and water is provided free of charge in nice bags full of ice, much needed when the temperature was 45 degrees.

Restaurants were also very good in the hotel, we stayed half board and this included a number of restaurants in the hotel and also at other Jumeirah properties which we could dine at with our vouchers. This was good as it changed the scene a bit night to night and you could explore and visit new places. Al Noufarah and the Lebanese in the hotel was exceptional as was the Spanish at Madinat Jumeirah. My only slight concern was that for breakfast there was sometimes a que, I would have perhaps not expected this at a five star resort, but it did move quickly and the most we waited for was just under ten minutes.

The hotel in on the Palm which is the most exclusive (and expensive) part of Dubai, as this is out in the sea it is quite a distance from the centre of Dubai, the malls, gold and spice souk and fish markets. There is a shuttle facility which runs every 2 hours and goes to the Wild Wadi waterpark (which is included in the hotel), Madinat Jumeirah (a sister hotel) and the Mall of Emirates (a shopping mall). However I would have thought it would have gone to the Dubai Mall and more frequently. At every 2 hours given the hotel has 400 rooms it should run on an hourly basis and to more places given it is adrift from most places.

I would recommend going to the Gold and Spice souks, to see what they have to offer even if you don't want to buy anything, the cost is about £12 each way (80AED) and I would also recommend going to the Burj Khalifia (Tallest building in the world), this is situated at the foot of the Dubai Mall so you can do a bit of shopping and visit that and also see the waterfall display they have at night running on half an hour slots all free of charge. Slightly disappointed on the shopping side in the malls, as most prices where more expensive than London given its meant to be tax free but it seems they have adjusted the prices upwards to account for this.

Overall a great place to stay, tranquil and quiet, great food and excellent hotel facilities. This is my 4th visit to Dubai, 2nd in a Jumeirah property (1st was Jumeirah Beach) and I don't think that I would stay anywhere else!!

Definitely visit Dubai and stay here!!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be very well situated and have good views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ric_JJN
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities, fine selection of Restaurants, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I do look forward to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our paradise on Palm Jumeirah.

Lincoln England
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just returned after 14 nights at the most beautifully maintained hotel on the Palm. Having stayed in Dubai on two previous occasions we knew the standards to expect but the Zabeel Saray exceeded our expectations in all respects. The choice of restaurants is superb, our favourite being the Lebanese with front of house bookings Salma the most charming person imaginable, having said that all of the staff we met during our stay were excellent in all aspects.
The rooms are very well appointed and maintained extremely well, absolutely minor issues were quickly resolved and someone was always checking if everything was OK in the rooms.
The pool area is well maintained and lots of lifeguards around the pool and beach area, if only the pool was slightly cooler, we found it a little on the warm side, but with temperatures in the 40's that could be difficult!
All of the restaurants were of a very high standard and it was a bonus to be able to use the Jumeirah groups other restaurants, we used two others and found them to be of the same high standard. The trip into Dubai from the Palm is minor and taxis are cheap and plentiful if you do not wish to use the hotel transport.
All in all it is a hotel I would recommend to anyone, but some with small families may find it slightly restricted, having said that the Sinbad Club does cater for children very well by all accounts. Dubai will not be for everyone, it is hot and there is not a lot to see if you are into sightseeing, if you are a shopper there are numerous malls with high priced items but if money is no object there are lots to buy costing much more than in the UK!
Would We return to the Zabeel Saray, most certainly. If you want comfort, good food, pampering and a great location try it, just hope that the reviews on trip advisor don't get too many people there when we wish to travel. We wish Jumeirah group every success they deserve it as the staff who are all too many to mention deserve the credit for the hotel success.

Room Tip: We preferred the gulf view rooms to the view of the palm. We had room 428 which was very quiete and...
2 Thank IanLincolnEngland
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and well recognized restaurants. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. Thank you for recognizing Salma who impressed you by her attention, professionalism and efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with such fond memories.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at Zabeel Saray and had an excellent stay. The staff was fantastic. We were greeted when we arrived and shown our room. We had asked for a higher floor room which they gave us. The concierge staff were fantastic and answered all of our questions and confirmed all of our reservations. The room was big by any hotel standard and had a giant bathroom. The bathtub was the biggest bath tub I have ever seen. I highly recommend you sign up for the summer flavors meal program. Voi, which required a supplemental charge, was the best meal we had in Dubai.

1 Thank Adam D
Dear Guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to personally thank you for choosing our Resort above the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our genuine hospitality, commodious room, fine selection of Restaurants, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

Bowling, Scotland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My partner and I are just back from a week's stay here, perfect, just simply perfect.
Everything positive that has been said in each review covers it, I can't add anything else,
and I certainly can't think of anything negative, just absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: I don't think any room in this hotel can be anything less than perfect.
Dear Guest

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I do look forward to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our paradise on Palm Jumeirah.