“Simply amazing”

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #53 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

An experineced staff takes the place to the highest standards. Great location...most friendly staff...breathtaking lobby...the theme of the hotel (ottoman) was shown in every little detail. Almost everything is complementary! ! Free water was all over the swimming pool and beach. .fruit skewers. .ice cream for the kids. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and various. Kids club was so exciting and fun for 2 upto 9 years.they even had there own closed pool.We had free entry to the Wild Wadi water park. Although I wished the tickets were per night but they were per stay..I really congratulate Jumeirah Hospitality group for their efforts in taking hospitality to a new level..this is what I call 7 stars group.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SAMBA24978
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation of your positive feedback.

Thank you for your warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities, culinary fare and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Zabeel Saray

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Check in is at 3 pm....yet we arrived and were told guests who should have checked out at 12 were late in leaving? Is that the problem of the incoming guest?? Check in finally happened at 4.40 pm and then a wait for another 20 minutes for the bags. We had a dinner appointment outside and the car valet took 15 minutes to collect the car and yet there were no other guests waiting for cars. The guy called down 3 times to the car park, it was only when I asked did they park in another hotel that they managed to bring the car up. I tipped but by the look on the car valet drivers face it was not enough.....no thanks just a blank look. The room facilities are minimal , missing or not replaced. The restaurants namely the Lalezar service was dreadful, no service and 100 minutes to serve 2 courses at lunch. The plates were only removed when I went to the reception counter to ask for removal. Staff were it appeared not motivated and the manager on duty in the restaurant was more concerned on his personal phone calls. Not the behaviour of an expensive 5 star hotel. The plus parts are the gym and breakfast in Imperium, certainly suggest that the One & Only is a better choice on all counts.

Room Tip: Sea facing and a higher floor 5 or 6
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denniscasey

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects from your stay that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my sincere apologies. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Notwithstanding your disappointment, I would like to request you to please consider these as an isolated incident and not the true standards that we strive to achieve here at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the breakfast in Imperium and our fitness facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and restoring your confidence in us and our services.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have always loved the facilities of this hotel. However after staying here and complaining about finding ants in the imperial suits, I am really disappointed. I have complained twice and no response at all from room service. Also, the pillow covers have a strange smell.
Surely recommend the pool and spa thought.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Lubna A

Dear Guest

I am sorry to read that there were aspects from few instances that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my sincere apologies. We certainly take great pride in our colleagues and attribute our success to them.

Notwithstanding your disappointment, I would like to request you to please consider these as an isolated incident and not the true standards that we strive to achieve here at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and shared with the relevant colleagues involved, for immediate action and remedial improvement.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We are just back from our second visit to the JZS. Last year we had a fantastic break for 7 nights in august and so this time we tried 10. I think it is safe to say that next year we will make it 14 and maybe even look into bringing more of our family with us next year.

We specifically wanted to mention certain members of staff who really stuck out for us because they each - in their own way - managed to exceed our expectations in customer service.

We ate at the Plaj restaurant everyday after spending most of our morning at the poolside or beach and we really enjoyed the service from Robert who was great with our children Jason and Juliana. In addition to Robert we also felt that Jocelyn and Caitano were very helpful.

We are not really the type of parents to put our children into Kids club, however, it made for an excellent escape from the heat and the staff members, Bonniface, Christine and Dilka were beyond excellent with our children and We can't thank them enough for making our trip just that little bit extra special.

Manager Rahul Gupta and Natalia at the guest services were excellent. They solved our initial room problems efficiently and with complete ease. Nothing was too much to ask - they were fantastic

Imperium - the manager that was there in the mornings and also the other manager in the evenings. Their names unfortunately escape us just now however they were both extremely attentive with both the needs of our children and ourselves.

We love the JZS and will absolutely be back to have more family fun in the sun. Sooner rather than later hopefully!

Kind Regards to all the staff
Mr and Mrs D Leitch, Scotland

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Smithyg86
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts and would like to thank you for your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am delighted we have been successful in achieving this during your stay, particularly our warm hospitality, exquisite facilities, and well recognized restaurants.

Thank you for recognizing Robert, Jocelyn, Caitano, Bonniface, Christine, Dilka, Rahul Gupta and Natalia. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed in Zabeel Saray for 9 nights from 23 of July to 31 of July.Every thing was amazing all the Staff very attentive.Arrived to the hotel the staff escorted me to arrival lounge were the check-in was quick and smooth.Reception staff Hamza, Sara,Hind, Isabella,Saida ,Dina, Sh and Bilel went out of there mind to help me every day.The staff in Sultan's lounge were very friendly Meryem, Laila,Rajaa,Rose and the Turkish Yusuf.All the staff were smiling and helpful.I have stayed in room number 317 with my 2 daughters the room lovely, bath tub is like a swimming pool.I'll defenitly come back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.
Myriam Cherkaoui

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Meryem C

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our warm hospitality, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues, who live and breathe our Stay Different brand promise.

Thank you for recognizing Hamza, Sara, Hind, Isabella, Saida, Dina, Bilel, Meryem, Laila, Rajaa, Rose and Yusuf who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is with great pleasure that I am able to recognize them for their efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I am also very pleased to know that you will definitely return to stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with such fond memories.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had an amazing time at this hotel. The specialty was the most awesome spa I have ever been too... It was women and men split but this did not worry us... You just have to go to the spa. The beach was lovely as well,and the pools were fabulous. Dinner at the Lebonese restaurant on site was delicious,lots of food. The breakfast also was varied...our bathroom had the most biggest bath I have ever seen ,fab stay

Room Tip: All rooms obviously spacious,we had the one bedroom and that was big enough for us!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Margie F

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am delighted we have been successful in achieving this during your stay, particularly our Awards winning Talise Ottoman Spa, exquisite facilities, commodious room and well recognized restaurants.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Spent five nights at this hotel and have nothing but compliments about the whole stay. Booked through BA and went with the club room and for the extra cost it was totally worth every penny. You have lunch, afternoon tea, cocktails in the evening for a set time and private transfer to and from the airport.

On arrival at the airport, we were picked up and taken straight to the hotel, where we were met and greeted by the manager then taken into a lounge area, sat down and check-in was done for us. Next we were escorted to our room and our cases had already arrived ahead of us. The service was faultless.

Our room was immense, with a huge bed that was very comfortable and extra large bath. I know you only sleep in the room but all these touches make all the difference and stay in your memory for a long time. Our room looked over the pool area and out to the palm. Another lovely touch was the turn down service at night. The room was quiet and peaceful.

We took breakfast in the main restaurant and it was faultless with an amazing variety of food available. Evening meals were taken in the other restaurants, such as Lebanese, Indian, Vietnamese and Turkish. We eat in all of these over our stay and the food was exquisite as was the service. The staff cannot do enough for you, even recommending dishes from the menu. We eat some totally delicious food. Lunch at the club lounge was excellent as was the afternoon tea. Cocktails and canapés in the evening were faultless.

The pool area is clean and spotless. Towels are provided and also bottles of water in ice bags. While on the beach we were even given complimentary ice lollies which were greatly appreciated on the extremely hot days. It was difficult getting a bed near the pool but the beach area is just as lovely with the sea like stepping into a hot bath. Beds often became available later in the afternoon so we moved up from the beach.

Taxi or private cars are readily available outside the hotel and the bell boys sort out what you need and the best option. Took taxi's to the Dubai Mall and Emirates Mall, there is a shuttle bus which goes to the Emirates Mall and the water park but it is quicker to take a taxi. Both malls are worth a visit, they are vast with every shop you can imagine and more. Great places to cool off from the hot sun.

My husband and I visited while Ramadan was on and we didn't feel that it hindered our visit at all, in fact if you go to the malls through the day they are very quiet. But be prepared for restaurants and cafes being closed. We carried water in a rucksack and went into the toilet cubicles if we needed to drink, we did this out of a mark of respect at the end of the day we were visiting an Islamic country, saying this you did see people drinking water openly but I feel it was disrespectful. There is no limitations on dress just be sensible.

To round up this was an amazing hotel and holiday, we were made to feel so special throughout the whole stay and that was thanks to all the staff. Yes I would definitely recommend this hotel and country for a totally relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Go for the club rooms to get all the added extras.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DottysueMoray

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased to learn of how you value our hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation of your positive feedback. Indeed, we do pride ourselves on our fabulous team of colleagues who are equally grateful for your warm acknowledgement of our efforts to exceed your expectations. Thank you for acknowledging our warm hospitality, commodious room, fine selection of retaurants, and exquisite facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I do look forward to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our paradise on Palm Jumeirah.