“Absolutely fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The trip to this hotel starts with sightseeing of the Palm Jumerah and the sea. Arriving at the hotel you are met with the fantastic entrance and friendly valet guys. The original Ottoman features and design of this place make it unique and amazing. It is just sheer luxury. I booked for 3 nights and stayed 9. I did not want to leave and I have stayed in some of the finest hotels worldwide. My suite was over looking the sea and fantastic. The marble bath has to be the largest and deepest I have ever seen. Numerous international restaurants and fashion boutiques added even more to the experience and as for the beach facilities.... Unbelievable. Oh I almost forgot the award winning spa. If your budget allows it, go!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,251)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed for a week in june and it was beautiful. I agree with a previous review thst it is better than the Atlantis.the free shuttt bus to Jumeirah Beach hotel and the Mall are a real bonus. The pool is stunning, we have stayed at the Atlantis snd Jumeirah Beach hotel and the pool wins hands down. The service as always in Dubai is wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
      Rooms
Pilsen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We spent one week in August 2014 in this hotel. That was our sixth stay in Dubai, all in the 5th star hotel (Le Meridien Royal Hotel, etc.). It must be said Jumeraih Zabeel SarayHotel is one of the best. Quiet location, clean sandy beach, perfect service in the hotel and on the beach, smiling staff, good food, perfectly equipped rooms. Connection to the city via shuttle bus or taxi, max 25 minutes. I can highly recommend this hotel to all.
Just a little note at the end: I read here some criticism regarding service, late ready rooms etc.,but I have to stress out the most annoying is the behavior of some guests (the same dress code for dinner, as well as for the beach, screaming on the beach, infants at 10 p.m. in the dining room etc..). This is not a issue of the hotel, but of good manners .....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlikPilsen
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

I appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare and excellent service that Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are renowned for, and I am delighted we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

My team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We visited Jumeirah Zabeel Saray between 16th to 29th of August 2013. In one word - breathtaking. The hotel has been designed to replicate the surroundings of the Ottoman period. The interior and exterior design displays intricate craftsmanship and attention to detail, which makes it an unforgettable unique hotel to stay.
It has got to be the best hotel my family and I have ever stayed in. We thought after staying at Mina A'Salam we could not be further impressed - how wrong were we. The view from our balcony was of the ocean and pool area - truly outstanding. The room was truly exquisite, designed to capture a different mood and period. Mosaics and exquisite artefact's, combined well with luxurious silks, coloured frescoes and beautifully carved furniture. It was stylish and amply outfitted with every conceivable modern comfort. The sunken marble bath was the icing on the cake. We felt like Kings and Queens. We also had a single bed placed in the room for my son at no extra charge - thank you. Words are not enough to describe the feeling you get at Zabeel Saray, you have to come here yourself. The hotel foyer and surrounding areas were truly mesmerizing decorated with an Ottoman theme. Every day we would sit down and admire the chandeliers and surroundings.
The Spa area was unbelievable a must see! There is even a snow room if you dare to try!
The pool area was large and again very impressive, there were plenty of attendants to insure safety was in place and we always managed to have a lounger even at busy times. A special thanks to the icepop person for keeping us cool. The only minor criticism would be that we were told the Jacuzzi was not working.
Most of the holiday we had breakfast at Imperium. There was never a disappointment. The black pudding was to die for also my son very much enjoyed the chicken sausages. The juice station was excellent with a multitude of flavors. Service was fantastic and our complements to the chefs and waiters for their hard work. We visited Imperium once for dinner and have to say the French cuisine was of Michelin quality. My wife can still remember the deserts - especially the Strawberry cheesecake which she raves on about to her friends.
If you want good Indian food Amala is the place to go. I have already gave reviews on this restaurant but feel it would be inappropriate if I did not mention how well we were treated by the staff specifically Deepak one of the restaurant managers a credit to the Jumeirah group. Tip try the lamb chops and the Amritsari fish - delicious...
The hotel even has a cinema room with a pop corn bar.
We were checked in by a manager called Paul ( Asian man) he was very accommodating and even upgraded our room. We arrived early at the hotel and he arranged for us to have some breakfast. Throughout our stay he would contact us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves, he even managed to get us into a restaurant which was fully booked - thanks Paul we will always remember you. The room staff were very hard working, twice per day the room was cleaned to the usual high Jumeirah standard.
We visited Wild Wadi Waterpark everyday which was very enjoyable, unfortunately the rules have now changed such that only one visit per entire stay. We would have booked Zabeel Saray this year if it were not for this change, apart from that a truly amazing hotel where the staff seek to satisfy everyone’s requirements during their stay. I have now booked Jumeirah Beach hotel from August 23rd - September 6th and we hope to have a similar if not better experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank DEVINDER K
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that your stay has been a wonderful experience.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you for recognizing our colleagues who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

Once again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel during June and we were treated to a memorable luxury experience. This is a 5-star property that excels in service. Ideal for short holiday stays, not so much for business. The swimming pool is very nice and relaxing, good even for kids. The hotel is a bit far away from everything and you need a car or taxis to move around, but this is normal. But overall it is a lovely hotel with spacious and clean rooms and helpful staff. We recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at this wonderful hotel 6 times now, we live in Dubai but for a weekend away we often stay here for the weekend.

The hotel is situated at the end of the Palm, its nice and quiet and straight forward to get to, on arrival the hotel looks amazing, the smell of the entrance is lovely and the water feature at the entrance is beautiful.

Check in is normally straight forward with no wait unless you arrive at a busy time, we are normally taken to our room straight away but if for some reason the room isn't ready you can use the facilities until they call you when the room is ready.

All restaurants are nice, although fairly pricey. On our recent visit we noticed that all the alcohol prices have increased which surprised us as they were already expensive now they are even more.

The Spa is amazing - one of the best in Dubai and def worth a visit, staff are wonderful and the couples massage/facilities are perfect.

The service around the pool area is brilliant, they come round with complimentary ice lollies, cold flannels to cool yourself down and also bottles of water in ice.

The majority of the times we've visited this hotel we have nothing but praise for the hotel and the staff however sometimes we have had a couple of issues especially if we want to use an 'entertainer' voucher. I feel not all the staff are aware of all the offers and promotions, also we are Silver Sirius members and feel that this should show up on our bookings and staff should be aware of the Silver benefits like complimentary breakfast, free newspapers etc as this was never explained I always have to ask or check the website to see what we are entitled to - the whole point of being a rewarded Silver member is to receive the benefits and special service which I don't think happens here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chloeannmcnally
Dear Guest

I appreciate your loyalty to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and would like to thank you for your review from your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, exquisite facilities and high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues.

I am also grateful for your feedback in regard to the lack of knowledge from our colleagues of the promotions being run as well as the benefits of our loyalty program Sirius. Rest assured that I have discussed your feedback with these teams to remedy these shortcomings.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our first visit to Dubai with my husband and 3 children (ages 11, 17 & 19)
This hotel is beautiful, with a stunning interior, luxurious rooms, excellent restaurants and fantastic pool and beach area.
It is a bit remote but a bus shuttle service runs every 2 hours to the Emirates Mall, and the Wild Wadi Water Park, but there is no shortage of cabs outside the hotel to take you into Dubai.
We tried all of the restaurants in the hotel, our favorite being the Imperium, closely followed by Al Nafoorah. All have a vast menu selection and portions are very generous. Service is mostly very good.
All hotel staff are polite and very accommodating, nothing is too much trouble.
We had a couple of problems during our stay. On arrival our rooms were not ready and we had to chase several times to find out when they would be available. Also on a couple of occasions, after the rooms were cleaned, not enough towels were left or the tea & coffee making facilities were not refreshed. As soon as we made a call to room services, these were put right.
We discovered at the end of our stay that there are discounts available to guests staying 3 or more nights e.g. 2 for 1 on drinks purchased in the different restaurants, or 25% of spa treatments. This was not mentioned when we checked in and so we were not able to take advantage of the offers. I pointed this out to reception staff and as a gesture of goodwill, they made a reduction in our final bill.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to make a return visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel are quieter with a better view