“Visit marred by a theft from the room...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray

Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Ranked #43 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
UK
“Visit marred by a theft from the room...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Beautiful property...large spacious rooms and exquisite food. Let down by poor management and dishonest staff! My partner had a brand new pair of Ralph Lauren swimming shorts bought from Heathrow on the way out stolen from the room...contacted the security and management who basically accused us of lying! Then conceded they may have accidentally been 'picked up' by housekeeping in amongst all the linen! The shorts were never found and they credited the amount to our bill! Worried there might be an underlying problem when the front desk rang me to ask about my 'missing' iPod! Two missing items in two separate rooms?!? Sadly this marred our visit somewhat as three days in we weren't comfortable letting housekeeping in so we went without! Food is awesome though...Lebanese restaurant was incredible and breakfast equally as good!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CBR2789

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,251)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at the Zabeel Saray hotel, for 4 nights .It was such a great experience!Being first timers in Dubai, we couldn't decide on whether we wanted to stay here or in the Atlantis hotel.To avoid the crowd , we opted for this hotel and had no regrets!We were checked into our room as soon as we arrived by one of the lovely guest relation staff called Gemma,after we had been given cold drinks and towels.The porters were extremely friendly and got our luggage up to us within the first 30 minutes of getting into the room.Room service also brought fresh fruits to the room later.The turn down services created lovely swans out of towels, which scared my son,but I found it very enchanting.All the staff were exceptionally warm and friendly ,and all our request and needs were met really fast, especially from house keeping! We didn't bother too much about the pool loungers, as if your not in a hurry to be under the sun first thing in the morning,you may be able get the lifeguards to get some freed up later on in the day.The are also lots available along the beach.The Staff at the Kids club and pool areas were amazing!We ate at the Voi restaurant(amongst others) and the Imperium restaurant had a great dinner buffet.The Plaj restaurant also has a happy hour at about 7 pm.The only glitch we had was when the shower overflowed in to the other bathing area, but after a quick phone call,someone came to the room and sorted it out. Had such a great stay, don't hesitate to book this hotel!

Room Tip: Breakfast on your day of arrival is not usually free or pack of your package, so please check with t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank EkaetteLondon
Wirral, Merseyside.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

A last minute brunch today at Imperium, what an amazing interior I felt like I was in a restaurant in Paris. Fantastic service especially Ruben, our waiter, such a lovely, genuine, attentive person. The food was fabulous especially the lamb and the wine selection (rose) was delicious. I would have liked more fresh vegatables with the roasts but apart from that I had a fabulous time and would definitely recommend the restaurant.I look forward to my next visit :-)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Seriously !!! This is the best hotel in dubai !!! From the atmosphere and service also rooms .. It has a lot of restaurants and various types of food .. The bathtub is so huge 4 person can fit in .. I really recommend this place for couples .. Its more to a couples place than family place

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hessamk
Bolton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

From the moment I stepped foot into the main entrance till the moment I left, I was blown away. From the reception my wife and I got to the food and service, was amazing.

Concierge were ever so friendly, especially Patrick and Vincent.
Staff who were working there on placement were amazing too, Chelsea from Cardiff made us feel at home.

Hussain at the Concierge made sure we enjoyed our stay and were not troubled at all.

Food was great, especially in the Lebanese restaurant.

Overall this hotel, staff service all everything else included, was amazing. Definitely will be recommending and will be visiting again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank FAdam123
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is my second and last time staying at Zabeel Saraya. I will never think staying here or recommend it to someone again. They don't care about guest satisfaction and they don't meet their promises. For the second time I did not get what I expected. They have very nice decorated rooms and variety of resturants BUT ignorance from the staffs on the front desk and they don't care about the guest satisfaction. Even trying to reach the manager to convey my massage to him was difficult and I was not able to reach

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Beraim
malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

A truly luxurious and elegant hotel. The ambience really does make this hotel an outstanding one.
The fact that the hotel js situated at the end of the Palm makes it slightly cut off if one intends to be visiting the malls or sight seeing but taxis are always lined up outside and are not expensive.

Restaurants at the hotel are all beautiful with excellent food.

Room Tip: Should you be three in a room I recommend a deluxe room with 2 double beds rather than an extra bed...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family