“Another Perfect Stay”

Ranked #44 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Another Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at the JZS, and we were not disappointed.
From check in to check out it was again an amazing experience, from spotless facilities and welcoming staff. After an overnight flight we were given a warm welcome, checked in and offered drinks. Our room was not ready, so had breakfast and by the time we'd finished (45 minutes or so) our room was prepped for us.

The hotel was busy as it coincided with school holidays, but that subsided post weekend and we settled into our stay.

Beach and poolside are spotless and well tended to, towels, cold water and ice lollies on offer as it averaged 40 degrees at times.

We had a 5th floor room, Arabian King bed and ample room with usual JZS bathroom. Views out over the gulf, with land view towards the beach and The Walk across the bay, which at night shows off the amazing illuminated Dubai skyline.

Staying on a half board basis again found the choice of food wide and varied across all the restaurants. Amala is very good, but high standards prevail across all the concessions and JZS' own restaurants. There were a couple of poor offerings in the Imperium, which fairs better for breakfast than it does for evening meals.

My wife and I are not demanding guests when it comes down to the staff, and it was always maximum effort, minimum fuss whenever we asked for anything. We are however demanding around standards of service, cleanliness and quality, again we were never let down at all.

The stay was simply to wind down and relax from our busy schedules. But we did go to the Mall Of Emirates and Dubai Mall, spending several hours at both. If you want food on your travels/shopping expeditions the American Diner The
Cheesecake Factory was awesome, two portions could have fed four! I don't recall eating much dinner that night.

Aside from alcohol, cost of living was akin to the UK (London and the south), but we didn't find it in any way excessive.

Overall an amazing stay, gorgeous hotel with helpful friendly staff. Good food and an impressive selection of wines across the resort.

I have no hesitation recommending JZS to anyone (and have done), we had a fantastic stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark1971_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,265)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

3 letters...OMG!!!! Had the best time ever with my family!! Customer Service is super , the room is so elegant, the pool, the sinbad for kids excellent! The only thing is the beach...so many tiny rocks it hurts.. But other than that I will come back definitely!!!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Romy V
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We spent four days here during August and we were so glad we did. Everything about our stay was perfect. The entire staff, from reception to housekeeping, was friendly and extremely accommodating - anything we needed, they handled for us as quick as they could - including a rather late check out. I've stayed in other five star hotels, but this one was beyond expectations.

Rooms - We had a deluxe king room which was spacious, immaculately clean, and had a great view of the skyline and gulf. The bed was big and extremely comfortable. The room had blackout curtains, which was great for when we wanted to sleep later in the day. Air-conditioning worked great - maybe a little too well (we had to turn it off periodically when we got cold). Great water pressure and hot water in the bathroom. The bathroom itself was huge with a huge stone bathtub. Housekeeping always seemed to come when we were out, even though we kept a very sporadic schedule - which was a nice surprise, and kept our room stocked with water and toiletries. They even stopped by the morning before we checked out to see if we needed anything.

Pool/Beach - Although the sun beds around the pool seemed a bit full, there were plenty available on the beach, which were quieter and more relaxing. Staff regularly checked in on us to see if we needed water, ice pops, cucumbers, etc. Towels were provided.

The resort also had a variety of restaurants and a complete spa, but we did not get a chance to take advantage of these, although we would have liked to.

The one con: location. It's a bit of a drive from downtown Dubai, although taxis aren't expensive and widely available. They also provide a free shuttle, but it only runs every two hours and is usually full on the return trips. I think they could increase the amount of shuttles, especially in the evening. It drops you off at the Mall of the Emirates, which has a metro, so we would use it to get to the rest of the city, but it would take 45 minutes to get to this point. However, if you don't plan on leaving the resort much, you don't need anything else!

We were very happy with our stay and would love to stay here again in the future, maybe with Club access!

Room Tip: Choose one on a higher floor - wonderful views and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sarahernst
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I went here for our honeymoon in August. It's an unbelievable place. The hotel oozes opulence. We haven't stayed anywhere else in Dubai so it would be unfair to say there's nowhere better but we can honestly say that we've been so spoilt and well looked after on this holiday that wherever we go from now on we will always have to compare it to the Zabeel Saray.

Club Lounge Access is a must if you want to give yourself the best chance of having a few beers without it costing you a fortune. Not to mention the fact that you can have your breakfast and lunch there as part of the package. We had already purchased a half board deal so with the Club Lounge on top, we essentially had an all inclusive holiday.

PRO's
Rooms are superb, clean, big and very comfortable bed. Quiet and peaceful from other guests and corridors.

Great choice of restaurants, ate at nearly all of them, all very impressive. Breakfast extends until 11am if required.

Other restaurants where you can use your half board vouchers at other hotels are well worth a visit - taxi trip will cost you £5 each way.

Complimentary, cold, iced water available all day while outside as well as parasols and even iced lollies handed out at regular intervals.

Staff cannot do enough for you.

CON's
Lots of young kids about during our stay who seemed disinterested in using the kids pool so it was a bit crowded / rowdy during the afternoon in the main pool area but I suppose it is the summer holiday period so it's to be expected as its not an adults exclusive hotel.

A little bit out of the way on the palm so if you're looking to explore downtown Dubai and be away from the hotel a lot then there's a bit of travelling involved (taxi took about 40 mins to the airport / 30 mins to the Dubai mall / 20 mins to the Burj Al Arab and about 30 mins to Deira) - but there's a free shuttle bus which takes you to many places too.

Couldn't always get a reservation at some of the restaurants even though they weren't even half full when we walked past them - I flagged this to the Zabeel staff who said they'd look into this.

All in all it was a fabulous holiday and we'd love to go back.

Room Tip: Junior suites come with Club Access as standard, otherwise you can pay for it separately (I think it...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen M
JZS_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you choosing our Resort to celebrate your honeymoon above the many options available in Dubai.

It is indeed very gratifying to learn that we were able to deliver the high level of customer service that Jumeirah is renowned for. Thank you for you warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel, fine selection of Restaurants and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues.

I am also grateful for your feedback in regard to the number of children around the main swimming pool in the afternoons and I can assure you that we constantly review the activities available at our Sinbad’s Kids Club for your younger guests. In regard to your feedback on the distance of the hotel to the various attractions in Dubai, while you may feel that we are a bit away on Palm Jumeirah, many of our guests often compliment this feature as a ‘perfect retreat’. As you mentioned, we do offer complimentary shuttle services at regular intervals to our sister properties Mina A’Salam and Wild Wadi Waterpark, as well as the Mall of the Emirates which are just located 20 minutes away from the Resort.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Watford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 week trip and whilst we normally love Jumeirah hotels this one has a way to go. On the plus side the place looks amazing and the staff are pretty much across the board charming however there were a lot of issues. Primarily the lack of hot water in the morning, the repetitive and therefore boring evening buffet at the Imperium restaurant, the not very yummy Indian and Turkisk restaurants and my number one pet hate people being allowed to reserve sun beds for hours on end as the hotel doesn't stop this practice! I could say that the hotel should ensure there were sufficient beds for all guests but I think the problem is that my fellow Brits insisted on reserving sun beds in the early hours and then not turning up till around lunchtime. If the hotel just said you're not allowed to reserve sun beds then the many arguments and disappointments would have been avoided. A 5* hotel should know how to manage this practice (never had this at Jumeirah Beach for example). On the positive side the Lebanese restaurant is amazing, we ate here several times and both the food and the service never disappointed. The guys running Plaj were very helpful and I need to make a special mention of the lovely ice-lolly man (sorry can't spell his name!). House-keeping is very efficient and as I mentioned above the staff really do aim to make your stay perfect. Think the issues I raise above need to be addressed as a management level as this place could be amazing.

Room Tip: Be careful, there were 3 of us in the room (2 adults and 1 child) but daughter had a small double be...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SallyFWatford
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

While I am grateful for your warm acknowledgements of our opulent hotel and high level of customer service provided by our team of dedicated colleagues. I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your experience that did not meet your expectations and I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied.

Please be assured that I have discussed your feedback with my relevant teams to remedy these shortcomings.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just arrived back from Dubai after a two week stay at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Hotel.

This hotel has to be one of the finest hotels in Dubai, in terms of providing excellent customer services, fine dining and relaxation.

I have travelled extensively around the world, and stayed at some of the best hotels, but for me this hotel has to be one of the best hotels that I have stayed. The staff are very friendly, and are very accomodating in ensuring that whatever needs you have, they are met. The staff are very pleasant and always greet you with a smile.

The rooms were impeccable and were cleaned twice a day, you have complimetary tea and coffee, and if you run short of anything, then it is instantly replenished as soon as you call Room Service.

I stayed in one of the rooms in the second floor, with my wife and two children, and the rooms were spacious, comfortable beds to sleep in, and a luxorious bathroom.

As we were on a half board basis, we could dine in any restaurants in the hotel, and also numerous other hotels, such as Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Madinat Jumeirah. The dining at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray was of the highest standards, the presentation, and the quality of the food was impeccable and excellent. My family really enjoyed dining at the Amala and the Al Nafoorah Restaurants at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and assisted you in choosing the right food if you were unsure.

The hotel had other facilities such as the sauna, the kids club, the cinema, the beach and the swimming pool to keep all the family entertained throughout our two week stay. The sauna is one of the best in dubai, so if you get a chance please go and relax at the Ottoman Spa. You will not be disappointed :)

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and would mark top marks in virtually every department in terms of friendliness, cleanliness, customer service, food hygiene, kids entertainment, and relaxation.

I really do miss the atmosphere and the hotel now that I am back home. I hope I get another opportunity to return back to this hotel with my family when I come back to Dubai. In'sha'allah.

Thank you to all the staff at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray for making our stay so pleasant and enjoyable.

Mr Patel and Family staying at room 275

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank I P
Dear Mr. Patel

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and thank you for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our high levels of customer service, culinary fare and our opulent facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and for recommending our Resort on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcome you back to Jumeirah Zabeel Saray in the near future.

yorks, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, great view of the dubai skyline. All an more that you would expect in a hotel of this class. Breakfast made with the good quality ingredients even if not a huge choice. The bath is like a mini swimming pool, made of stone. Downside to that is the stone gets very cold and if you want a hot bath you will have to fill it twice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shisha101
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Once again, thank you for recommending Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.