“Dinner for 6”

Social House
Ranked #363 of 10,058 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Social House is an exciting restaurant bringing you flavors of the world surrounded by stunning views and warm alluring design, where guests can have an enjoyable one-of-a-kind dining experience. Indulge in their delicious comfort cuisine from different regions of the world, with special menus for every part of the day. Located in the heart of Dubai, Social House first opened in 2010 at The Dubai Mall.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had two friends to entertain after the Dubai International Food Safety Conference and wanted to be near the fountain.
So, the meal was fine. The entrecôte steak (2) was good to average, i had a burger that was very large as i couldn't eat all of the trimmings. The others had a mix of pizza and other things and said that they had enjoyed it.
We had various fruit juices to drink and they were all good.
Strangely, i fine the menu a bit difficult to use as it contains a lot of information, but this was a moor thing as perhaps they are just trying to look a bit more different. (Most menus are very similar generally).
Overall very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nicely decorated restaurant with great view of the musical fountain in Dubai Mall and good view of the Burj Khalifa. This place is always packed with more than a handful of names in the waiting list. I thought "a must try place" so i walked in for dinner and thankfully they had table for 2 so we didn't have to wait. The menu looks interesting as they had various of cuisines ranging from Japanese-Western-Italian. So each of us decided to order one of each and share. The food was well presented however to my horror, it was the worst food I've ever had. I couldn't remember exactly the name of the food that I've ordered but we had sushi, pasta and chicken. Their pasta was overcooked that it tasted like a normal noodle that was made meant for those who can't chew, or should i say chew with your tongue and their marinara sauce tasted like some low end ketchup brand. I thought maybe it was just the pasta. Had a bite on the sushi and it was the worst sushi ever, seriously. The chicken was not as bad as i expected (probably because of the first two dishes I was well prepared to taste the worst). It was well cooked however i couldn't give any good feedback for the taste wise. Overall, it was a disappointment to me. It's probably the worst of pastas and sushi i've ever tasted, seriously. But i gotta give it to the good & strategic venue. What the price like? Its the same with other restaurants out there, on average.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Fantastic choice of food and drinks which was delicious. The staff were great and we got a fantastic table outside so we were able to watch the magnificent fountains and scenery. Service was prompt but we didn't feel like they were rushing us. Would recommend.

1  Thank AngeLP999_12
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Social House is at the lower ground floor of Dubai Mall.
The menu is a chaotic mix of food from Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Mexico, Morocco and a lot of other places.... and even these dishes haven't been spared the ignominy of being altered, sometimes beyond recognition.
I tried two dishes. The Omatesandro Roll (a sushi roll with a mayonnaise like sauce with scallops and sometinng else poured over the sushi and I think they baked it.... more like destroyed it), and I had Pho Bo (a normally nice Vietnamese beef soup. The beef slices and meat balls were dry and devoid of their own juices).
A very disappointing meal.
The breakfast menu (they start at 9 in the morning) looked more interesting, Eggs Benedict, Belgian waffles, Truffle creamy scrambled eggs etc, but after today's lunch, I'm not sure if I'll go there again.

1  Thank percyvakil
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Don't recognise the restaurant from the comments made by Expatable. We ate there last night and had a great meal with excellent service AND the view of the fountains "performance" as a bonus. And the cost for six of us was very reasonable. If you're looking for good food, friendly staff and a great central location, you could do a lot worse than eat at Social House.

Captain Flack