“Dubai sites”
Review of Gloria Hotel

Gloria Hotel
Ranked #169 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Hotel is well located for metro which is right outside main entrance. We were on 40th floor and our suite had views of the Burj. We chose the hotel because of its location to The Palm, as we were attending a family wedding.. Taxi is easy and cheap way to travel as an alternative. Staff were helpful and very polite. Rooms really clean and had use of a washer/dryer(came home with suitcase of clean clothes). Free wifi at poolside restaurant and coffee lounge on top floor(not advertised was informed by guest who has stayed there on a number of occasions). We had breakfast included and the choice catered for all tastes.. Evening meals are very reasonably priced and worth a visit. Downside dry hotel. We were advised to take our own alcohol from duty free on entry to Dubai.. But this can only be drunk in your own room. The pool is small and sun is lost about 2pm, we visited in April so maybe stays longer in summer months, but probably be to hot and there is so much to see and malls to visit!!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view. City view if a choice..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny Y, Manager at Gloria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear turkeychic,

We greatly appreciate you for taking your valuable time to share your positive review.
We are pleased to hear that we managed to turn you stay into a memorable and enjoyable experience. It was truly a pleasure to share your feedback with our team, who highly appreciated your praises.
We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Wow! Great value for money I could not believe I paid that little for the hotel.
The breakfast was intercontinental the room was so spacious it included a fridge., washing machine, reading table etc. In fact I was blown away .

Great value for money.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jenny Y, Manager at Gloria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Dear Elvis O,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review Gloria Hotel on TripAdvisor.
It is our pleasure to read of your experience and thank you for your extensive compliments. We are delighted to be in a position to help in making your stay such a memorable and enjoyable one and very much look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Thank you once again for staying with us and for your time in posting your review.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

During my stay, I request for non smoking room, but that time they give me smoking room and at last day of my stay I just found out that room I use is for elderly people. with no bath tub inside. I really disappointed because they not inform me from first day I stay.

During breakfast I put my food on the table, but when I want to take cup of coffee and I return to my table all food already gone. the waiter did not say anything and I very disappointed at that time. I pay for the food but the service is very poor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Room is not comfortable. The towels are not clean. If something is finished, you have to request it ( for eaxmple shampoo). Smell not so good. Windows are not clean. Mens are served you.Not modern style.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2014

-the location is far from dubai marina and far from busniess bay although metro is at doorstep
-no alcohol
-too many people at breakfast
-no meat in mini-market
-housekeeping wakes you up at 9am
-stationary bikes do not have cleap on pedals
-swimming pool hours are too little for training
-no training lane on a 24m pool

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Josep O,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Gloria Hotel on TripAdvisor.
It was a real pleasure having you as our guest. Delivering warm hospitality service to our guests is our main goal and we are truly hoping that we have achieved it.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I am a guest from Ukraine .i have traveled many times to dubai , and I have always stayed at the hotel Gloria. This hotel very nice , have russian staff , comfortable hotel , good gum , and very nice breakfast :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is my second stay at Gloria and its awesome as before.clean room & complete amenities.It just took a bit long time during check in but not a big deal.pool is closed (under maintenance) though. Definitely will come back.. for sure! :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends