“Eggccelent Breakfast...”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
UAE
“Eggccelent Breakfast...”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Tried their new branch at Al Nahda for Breakfast,being a Friday there were only a few people there.We ordered Appams ,pathiris,veg stew,chicken stew and egg roast.The appams kept on coming and was perfect,crispy corners and a soft centre.The egg roast,veg stew and chicken stew alse were great.Sometimes restaurants tend to go wrong with stews,either it is sweet or too spicy,but this was just right.All to top with a Bru coffee.A great start to a Friday morning...

• Visited April 2014

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Eat where the locals go”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Loved it. Spicy, delicious, unpretentious and affordable. Would go back in a second. We were very possibly the only non-locals there.

• Visited May 2013
DXB
“Great food, but putting on an attitude....”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lets get one thing out of the way first - Paragon serves THE best food from Kerala (especially Northern Kerala, i.e. Malabar) in Dubai, without doubt. They have a great selection of off-the-menu dishes too, which can be pleasantly surprising - our favourite is the Hamour Kandari, beautifully spiced fillets of fish. Where things begin to become problematic is the fact that this is an extremely crowded restaurant, and the management are eager to advertise this by keeping people waiting in queue outside - they actually take pride in keeping people waiting, which isn't good hospitality. Worse, they DO NOT take reservations - try your luck at it and they reply saying that they cannot keep a table free, and encourage you to come to the restaurant and they will find space for you. This does not make it a good idea if you plan to take someone out for a meal - you don't want to keep your guests waiting outside. I tried my luck again yesterday, as we had two families visiting us from Singapore and Africa - no luck again, and we ended up having a great meal and a fantastic time at Manvaar instead where they were only too happy to reserve a table for 9. Calicut Paragon serves good food, cooked in an authentic style - but this is not a place for dining out, its a place for people who walk in, or those who don't mind waiting outside in a queue, watching other people eat. I'm sorry Paragon and Sumesh - this is one place with good food that I will have to skip, purely because of the attitude you seem to carry.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank sanmenon
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“A Land Mark in Calicut”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My home town is in Calicut and after my active service we settled in Bangalore. But I often visit Calicut after my retirement. My association with Paragon is very long. If remember correct I started enjoying Paragon foods late fifties when I used to visit along with my father. Then I was only about 10 years old. What I surprise me consistency in quality. Ambiance is also not much changed. Difference now only is crowded always. Appam and stew is their trade mark dish.

• Visited February 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Sea Food Joint”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Wonderful food, fast service, reasonable price. Enjoy their thali on weekends. A must visit for sea food lovers

Visited February 2014