“Disappointing staff. Not 5 star by any means.”

Nassima Royal Hotel
Ranked #74 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I elected to stay here for 2 days during my transit in Dubai. I thought it would be nice to have a mini holiday.

There was just a string of small things that made me think this hotel did not deserve a 5 star rating:
1. I arrived early in the morning and the staff appeared tired and sluggish
2. My father was going to join me later that afternoon so I asked the receptionist to page me when my father got there. To which he replied "I finish at 8, I won't be here". So I had to ask him to place a note on the file so whoever was there could contact me when my father gets there.
3. My non smoking room smelt odd... not sure why?
4. During my stay, on 3 occasions when I rang reception and nobody picked up the phone
5. Both bath robes had stains on them
6. There was a circular tear in my bed cover ~ 1cm diameter
7. The beauty Salon does not charge things up to your room so you have to pay on the spot
8. I had a pedicure at hotel's beauty salon and they tried to sell me foam slippers for AED10 even though I had brought my own slippers
9. I found most staff were not proficient in English. At one point I paged operator, started talking, and was interrupted by operator and was asked in Hindi if I speak in Hindi. I felt this was a bit odd. I am fluent in both languages however I feel it is their job to respond to me not the other way around.
10. Whenever I paged staff they would address me as "Mister" instead of "Miss" followed by my full name. They really should read their file thoroughly and make note of such things.

On the plus side:
1. My room was nice - spacious, neat, sunny, with a good view
2. They let me check in at 8am as the room was ready
3. They let me check out late for no extra fee
4. They cancelled my father's room booking without fee when he couldn't make it
5. The Japanese restaurant Icho was amazing. It has a fabulous view and some of the best agedashi tofu
6. The meeting/function area is very well done

All in all my experience here was ordinary. Next time I stop over in Dubai I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. I just don't feel it's worth a second visit given all the other hotels that are available in the city.

Room Tip: Picking a deluxe room will get you a sunny room with a view of Sheikh Zayed Rd.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Transient-friend
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Transient-friend,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback and constructive comments on the hotel services and facilities. Your comments are very important to us as it is our goal to deliver a quality service with a consistency in our standards.

I was very concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. It is never our intention to disappoint our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings that you have encountered. I have investigated and taken the necessary corrective actions and coaching with the concerned managers in order to prevent such shortfalls occurring again in the future.

In the meantime we would like to see you back in the hotel and to show you that your comments were considered to fine-tune our operations resulting in an improved quality service and facilities.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am looking forward to welcome you again at Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights. We were offered an upgrade to the room that included breakfast, light lunch and drinks between 4-6pm. It is a great value if you are in the hotel during those hours. The room was very hi-tech, nice bed and clean overall. The view of SZR is amazing, looked almost something out of a sci-fi movie. The pool and the fitness room were very good. The staff were very friendly, although the concierge was not very knowledgable. The night clubs in the nearby hotels are the best. I got a great rate and was very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank LuxVacSeeker
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent 5/5 review, I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding your stay. I was particularly pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room with inclusive extras and that you were impressed by the room facilities and cleanliness too.

I was also delighted to read your feedback regarding the view and the pool and fitness room, I am sure other travellers will find this helpful and informative.

Thank you for your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff, I was of course disappointed to read your comments regarding the knowledge of our concierge and I will be investigating this further.

As for the night clubs nearby it seems that you missed “Movida“ our night club on the first floor, perhaps on your next visit to Dubai you will join us.

Kind Regards

Freddy Farid

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I found this hotel to be quite a good experience. I have stayed here for over 4 weeks in a one bed room apartment located on the 17th floor, with views of Jumeirah but SZR blocked by nearby buildings but I am sure the higher floors have a good view. Overall service has been good, nice breakfast selection. The only downside that I have noted is that the housekeeping is little slow when compared to hotel chains like Hyatt and Sheraton. Overall a great location, friendly and welcoming staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 25th floor facing SZR.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aamir N
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Very good service, everyone was extremely friendly and available to help. The room was great, spacious and bright. Amazing view from the bathroom, which was clean and also spacious.The breakfast was good, nothing spectacular but with variety and the food was good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JoanaGM
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We came really early in the morning & we got a room, even if they don't needed to give us that! We were so thired and it was wonderful to sleep a few hours before we explore Dubai. The whole weekend was perfect. Our plane home was late in the evening. We have checked out but we could use the SPA and swimmingpool anyway!!! That's GOOD service!

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank Dahlarna
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We arrived 8 hours before check-in. No problem! We even got a upgrade. Room is amazing, very high tech and very nice view from the bathroom.

Pool is very nice and the gym staff are very helpful, they brought as cold towels and drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Stockholm1572371
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Good service, suitable for business trips.

• Stayed: December 2011