I elected to stay here for 2 days during my transit in Dubai. I thought it would be nice to have a mini holiday.
There was just a string of small things that made me think this hotel did not deserve a 5 star rating:
1. I arrived early in the morning and the staff appeared tired and sluggish
2. My father was going to join me later that afternoon so I asked the receptionist to page me when my father got there. To which he replied "I finish at 8, I won't be here". So I had to ask him to place a note on the file so whoever was there could contact me when my father gets there.
3. My non smoking room smelt odd... not sure why?
4. During my stay, on 3 occasions when I rang reception and nobody picked up the phone
5. Both bath robes had stains on them
6. There was a circular tear in my bed cover ~ 1cm diameter
7. The beauty Salon does not charge things up to your room so you have to pay on the spot
8. I had a pedicure at hotel's beauty salon and they tried to sell me foam slippers for AED10 even though I had brought my own slippers
9. I found most staff were not proficient in English. At one point I paged operator, started talking, and was interrupted by operator and was asked in Hindi if I speak in Hindi. I felt this was a bit odd. I am fluent in both languages however I feel it is their job to respond to me not the other way around.
10. Whenever I paged staff they would address me as "Mister" instead of "Miss" followed by my full name. They really should read their file thoroughly and make note of such things.
On the plus side:
1. My room was nice - spacious, neat, sunny, with a good view
2. They let me check in at 8am as the room was ready
3. They let me check out late for no extra fee
4. They cancelled my father's room booking without fee when he couldn't make it
5. The Japanese restaurant Icho was amazing. It has a fabulous view and some of the best agedashi tofu
6. The meeting/function area is very well done
All in all my experience here was ordinary. Next time I stop over in Dubai I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. I just don't feel it's worth a second visit given all the other hotels that are available in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nassima Royal Hotel situated in the city centre, impresses guests and passersby with its shimmering glass, striking style and superior service. The 5-star hotel's location near the bus and metro stations as well as the international airport makes moving throughout the city easy, while its proximity to Dubai International Financial Centre and walking distance to the Dubai World Trade Centre benefit business travelers. Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall and Jumeirah Beach are in close proximity and 5 minutes' drive away only. Dubai International Airport is 15 minutes drive away from the hotel as well. 471 Guestrooms and suites share a contemporary style characterized by marbled entrances and vivid accent colors. Every room also showcases free high-speed wireless Internet, a flat-screen LCD television, an alarm clock with iPod dock and has a spacious bathroom with luxury amenities. Nassima Royal Hotel features international and Asian restaurants, offering a variety of world cuisines, while the bars and Mo*Vida Nightclub provide places to unwind after a day in the city. Guests can enjoy state-of-the-art recreation facilities, including an outdoor pool area with a view of Jumeirah Beach, a health club, with options of personal training, as well as the luxury Spa Zen offering massages, body wraps, and facial treatments performed by experienced professionals in a peaceful, nature-inspired environment. Meetings and event planners can choose from the spacious business center, the meeting rooms on the 6th or 42nd floor, Nassima Tower, outdoor terrace and the distinctively shaped ground floor Origami rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Travelbag, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Nassima Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.