“Radisson Blue - Business Trip”

Nassima Royal Hotel
Ranked #73 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I recommend this hotel where treatment of customers is considered as a high standards. From the time to get off the car until your room, you are welcome by loads of smile and welcoming. Check in process is quick and no matter how many luggages you have there will always be someone behind or in front of you to help. A special thank to Julius, my favorite person in this hotel who is handling all matters with profesionalism and happiness. I which the Movida Club could accept automatically any guest from the hotel which is not always the case.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for rating our hotel with such high regards. We are elated that you found our staff to be very friendly and that they made you feel comfortable during your visit.

In addition, we are glad to hear that your check-in was as fast as possible and things went smoothly. We will inform Julius that you found his service to be very professional. We love hearing individual feedback regarding the achievements of our staff. Thank you for taking the time to highlight this to us.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel really is tacky. I did some research on trip advisor and I must admit I did book with mixed feelings. I wish I had decided to stay elsewhere. I can only assume the design and build was given to the lowest bidder with no quality oversight. The club lounge food is pathetic...terrible quality ingredients and poor preparation. This hotel just misses the spot on so many levels. There are far better 5* hotels in Dubai...this is a 3 or 4* hotel trying to be a wanna be 5*. I would encourage the hotel manager not to just pass on my comments to the relevant departments and rather get a grip and sort this hotel out.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SevenStarTraveller
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed there for five nights during the AEEDC 2014 in the nearby Exhibition Center. Usually I stay in the Novotel, but the agency called me a twe weeks before the exhibition and told me that it is overbooked and they have to move me to the Radisson (trade 4* against 5*). So instead of just walking through the lobby of the exhibition center I had maybe a walk of three or four hundred meters.
Welcome in the hotel was extremely friendly and check-in fast and nice. Had a trainee (probably Eastern European) who even spoke a bit of German (not necessary but a nice touch). All staff in the hotel is very, very friendly. Got a room on 24th floor which was in the corner. Full windows both walls. Spaceious and clean. Only thing I was missing was a desk. There was only kind of a shelf on one side which would not even have been enogh to put my laptop on. But there was a little coffee table at the sofa, which worked just fine.
Bathroom was a bit strange. Actually one room (wash table and mirror) through which you could access another room with toilet and bidet and a room which was actually the shower ionly that there was a free standing bath tub in it as well. Style element but not really my taste. But it was a rain shower with some horizontal jets which was nice.
Upon arrival I had asked for a smoking room, which I got. Only there was no ashtray. Asked the porter for it and he said he would inform housekeeping. And not five minutes later I got one. That was impressive. Also I had a little problem with the TV set which was immediately solved when I asked for it. Unfortunately there was no housekeeping the first day (strange but not a drama).
A bit irritating is that the TV set is standing on the mini bar NEXT to the sofa and it has not swivel mount or similar. So if you want to watch TV you either sit in the not that comfortable chair or on the bed.
Breakfast at the Celsius restaurant on mezzanine floor was very nice. Good choice, excellent quality, coffee, tea, espresso, ... as you like.
Only little backdraft was traffic. Getting away by taxi in the evening was a bit tough. First the valet crew of the hotel always tries to give you a hotel taxi (which costs around three ton four times more) and then it is the traffic on the side lane, which leads along the Fairmont, Conrad, Radisson, etc. and is very crowded. But that of course is not in the hotels power to change.
Oh yes - walking down Sheikh Zayed Road for a couple of hundred meters you will find a nice variety of restaurants, Starbucks, Gloria Jeans, Second cup, etc.
The other restaurants are supposed to be good, but I did not try. Finally, as my bill was settled through the travel agency, check-out was a matter of three minutes.

Room Tip: Sheikh Zayed Rd is very busy and loud. So the higher the better, I guess.
2  Thank Benson1976

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for rating our hotel so positively.
We are very happy that you found your welcome to be extremely friendly and your check-in was efficient. In addition, we also welcome your wonderful feedback regarding our friendly staff. This is an area of our guest experience which we take very seriously and are always trying to improve.

We are glad you found your hotel room to be spacious and clean. Thank you for your opinion regarding the design of your room. We will discuss and share your comments with the relevant department with regards to any items which you feel should be included in the room.

In addition, thank you for your excellent comments with regards to the service which you received.

Finally, we are elated you enjoyed your breakfast and that you felt there was enough choice of food and drink options.

We are also very happy your check-out was convenient.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have spent three nights in this Hotel in February 2014 and it was very good. They have a very good executive lounge specially the front officer Rajaa, she was a fantastic employee but unfortunately the waiters were not nice enough. The reservation staff did a problem for me with my Bank but the assistant front office manager Rami solved the problem and was very good. The bathroom of my suite was a fantastic bathroom but the living room was not nice and without writing disk !!! Generally it is very good Hotel in Ideal location with very good service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel in such a positive way and we are glad you found the hotel to be in a brilliant location. In addition, we are delighted that you enjoyed our executive lounge. In addition, thank you for your comments regarding our employee Rajaa and the service which you received from our waiters. We also welcome your great feedback in relation to the standard of our hotel room bathrooms.

We are sorry that you did not have a writing desk in your room. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I will share and discuss your opinion with my employees in order to provide a first-class experience for your return visit. Thank you once again for drawing my attention to this.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the radisson royal ! Excellent food, very friendly staff (our compliments to Michael, Dipin, Amelia, Zeeshan, Marianne, ..) But most: what a view !!!! We will recommend the hotel to everyone. Greets from the Belgian guests

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonRoyalDubai, General Manager at Nassima Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for staying with us in February. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Secondly, thank you very much for your wonderful feedback in relation to our hotel. We are truly delighted that you rated our food as delicious.

Finally, we are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly. We are glad they.made you feel comfortable during your visit.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed the view from your room and that you intend to recommend Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai to your family and friends.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

On the face of it the hotel is a five star property but the service and attention to detail are low four stars at best. The room is a good size (we booked a delux) but it took engineering half an hour to come and fix the non existent hot water. To compound matters, the chap who was asked to bring extra hot chocolate turned up with one sachet - barely worth his trip up to the 32 floor.

The worst was the breakfast. Not only was the room a little dingy but the spread was distinctly lacking and to make matters worse, the dirty table cloths and scrapings of food were piled up in not one, but three locations, adjacent to the food displays - eugh. Not attractive.

Our waiter was attentive and friendly but didn't save it. At 230aed I think we will pop out tomorrow and try our luck elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Radisson during our first trip to Dubai, and were incredibly happy with our choice. From the moment we arrived, we were impressed with the stylish interior and impeccable service.

We arrived on a very early flight from the UK, well before check in, and the front desk staff could not have been more helpful. They held our luggage whilst we used the facilities in the spa area to freshen up. We then went to the poolside to wait for our room, which was made available to us by before 12pm.

I had requested a room on a higher level so that we could take in the view, and we were not disappointed! We were on around the 34th floor and had a great view out over the Sheikh Zayed Road and to the Burj Al Arab in the far distance. The room was large, spotless and the bathroom facilities were excellent - free-standing bath with floor to ceiling windows so you can admire the view, and one of the best showers I've ever had! There is also a pull down screen to protect your modesty should you not wish to shower in front of the apartment block opposite!

Our other key highlights included:

The incredible spa smell throughout the hotel, particularly in the lobby!
Had no trouble getting sunbeds by the pool
Fantastic service from Michael at the concierge - assisted us to secure last minute booking at the Burj Khalifa for drinks
Arnold - exceptionally helpful and friendly with various things from luggage to taxis
First class cocktails from Sherif in the bar - best passionfruit martini's ever - and the view is wonderful
Easy access to Mo*Vida nightclub
Convenient location within short taxi ride to attractions such as Burj Khalifa

The only down side was a mix up with our bill upon check out. We paid for our accommodation when we checked in and it appeared that the payment had not gone through and we had to pay again. However it seems this was the bank's error (was the weekend RBS systems crashed) and Rami (Assistant Manager on Front Desk) was very helpful in helping to sort it out.

Overall we were very happy with our choice of hotel, would definitely stay again and have recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor for fantastic views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends