“Avoid this Hotel”

Ranked #487 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Lanark, United Kingdom
“Avoid this Hotel”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I can verify the review of Globe Trotter9978 as being absolute truth and include photos in my review to support what we both found about this property, no hot water, mildew and general lack of cleanliness. Besides this, furniture obstructed emergency exits for the 3 days we were there.

WORST OF ALL, on checking in they took possession of our passports. On checking out, they could not find them. Consequently, we had to miss our flight to New Zealand with date changes costing 400 GB pounds. My girlfriend insisted they search office drawers again. She intervened and searched them herself and found the passports after they had looked at least 3 times. Hotel staff admitted the fault was theirs, but have after a month refused to reimburse us the 400 pounds. They 'generously' offered us 50% discount for our enforced extra night. I refused to pay for this at all. The booking was made through booking.com who have tried to get reimbursement on our behalf, with no success. I would hope booking.com may impose sanctions on the hotel. My Advise, stay away fromthis hotel. A pity as we booked it because of good location and is an apartment hotel..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Ok, for all of you who have stayed here before and given this place anything above 1 star then I feel sorry for you as you simply have no idea about quality or cleanliness! This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

The first night I checked in I remember I got up to my apartment and simply had to laugh at how many things were wrong with this place. Everything from the bathroom, bedroom, A/C, kitchen, rock hard mattress right through to the pasty yellow walls and the alley location. This place simply sucks! I can tell you about the hot water not working, the fridge not working, the lack of water pressure, the dirty floors, the damp musty smell everywhere, the dirty walls and floors, but then I would only be scratching the service of this dive!

At first when I was booking it I thought I was getting good value for money based on the reviews. I can tell you there is NO GOOD value for money here. You are in fact getting ripped off. This place should be condemned and the staff all put out of their misery. Make no mistakes I have stayed in better youth hostels than this place. My advice to a weary traveller is STAY the HELL AWAY!!!! If you don't take my warning then you have you only have yourself to blame.

Room Tip: Stay the hell away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!