“Not authentic”
Review of Oasis Palm Tourism

Oasis Palm Tourism
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Oasis Palm Tourism, the premier source for all your tourism needs! Explore our options and services and create the ideal desert safari or romantic evening cruise that you have been longing for!
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Customer service was good. But if you are looking for a thrill ride I mean catching some air on the dunes like the locals do, you will be disappointed. The drivers barely got out of 2nd gear. I actually stopped filming and fell asleep at one point. I imagine liability and customer complaints may have slowed these drivers down.

The camel farm was lame the camels were fenced in at quite a distance. The 3 minute camel walk was ok, I was surprised how tall they were and lastly the food and entertainment activities at the camp were ok. It was something to do, I would not repeat.

1  Thank awot11

Reviewed 18 September 2013

While the actual dune driving was exhilaratng, there was absolutely no regard for safety and the drivers were out of control trying to outdo one another. It's a long drive to get to the dunes, then if you're first in the car, can be lengthy picking up others, then 25 monutes on the dunes, drive to the camp where there are the camel rides, quad bikes, dinner, dancing etc, This part of it was dodgy. We had paid for the quad bikes, but staff were adamant we had to pay them more in cash. There was no belly dancing, sheesha pipes or any entertainment at all, (was Ramadan) but no alternative or discount provided. Once we got to the camp, there was no interaction from staff at all, we were left to do our own thing while the staff had their own party. 6 hour trip and really for 25 minutes on the dunes, not worth it and no value for money. I would choose a more reputable company

1  Thank BevBrisbane
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Booked by phone via Tel: 04-2686826. Website: www.opdubai.com.
Our driver came an hour late while we waited outside our hotel. He subsequently drove us to a petrol kiosk to pump gas and we wasted more time. The actual safari was only 15 minutes on the sand and we were sent to the camp for early tea and photo session with 2 tired camels. On the way back to hotel, the driver talked on his mobile phone all the way! This company is probably a Pakistani/Indian company, both in terms of ownership and management.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

camel ride ,car race on sand belly dance with delicious dinner very enjoyable. If you are planning to go dubai don't miss it.

1  Thank KumarNICE
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We chose this company because it was cheaper than the alternative (760 dirham vs 1270 with Arabian Adventures). We had 2 main criticisms of this safari:

1. Driver/guide arrived late
Our driver/guide arrived half an hour later than the designated pick-up time that Oasis Palm Tourism had given us. Whilst we were waiting at the reception of our hotel I noticed the representatives for 2 similar Arabian Adventures safaris turning up early (3.45pm for a 4pm pick-up). When it's only a 5 or 6 hour trip that makes a difference.
We were the first guests to be picked up (so any delay was not caused by other guests). After he collected us late, our driver stopped to fill up with petrol on the way to pick up the 2 other guests from another hotel.
So an hour after our designated pick-up time we had only just picked up the 2 other guests and were still in Dubai city (the drive to the desert takes another 45 minutes).

2. The Activities
The list of activities available on the particular safari (as published in an advertisement in the What's On in Dubai magazine provided in our hotel) included sandboarding. This, however, was not offered at any time during the safari and its omission was not explained.
The camel ride was disappointing, just a very short ride around a circle in less that 2 minutes.
There was no dancing. I acknowledge that it was during Ramadan (so no belly dancing) but we had been led to believe that there would be an alternative (tanoura dance) and I know that one other operator did offer this instead of belly dancing.
The 4WD sand bashing was extensive, but I'm glad that I hadn't eaten beforehand! Beware if you suffer from motion sickness, maybe take some medication beforehand.

On a positive note, our driver was very kind to stop at a camel farm when he heard that my daughter likes camels.

It is true, as other reviews have said, that some of the food is indian (dhal and chickpea curries) but it suited me as a vegetarian. The salads were all good and my family enjoyed the grilled meats.

All in all, we had a good time on this safari but that was due primarily to meeting some very friendly people from the UK who we chatted with over dinner. However, in hindsight we suspect that we would have been better off going with the alternative, albeit more expensive, operator.

2  Thank LeahSydney01