“Ramada Experiance - Amazing”
Review of Ramada Jumeirah

Ramada Jumeirah
Ranked #153 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Ramada Experiance - Amazing”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for 7 days ,Be it rooms , staff or food ..loved it.
Thank you for taking good care of us ,really appreciated . I highly recommend this property as it provides you with all the desired amenities. More over i got a complimentary strawberries dipped in white chocolate in my room . along with a welcome card in my room. Good work !! Cheers!!!

Regards
Tushar Patiyal
new delhi , India

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DelhiUA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights at this hotel and here is my take. The hotel is really nice with spacious lobby and a very nice lobby cafe which I used several times. The room was big and comfortable with plenty of space and seats. The bathroom was modern and had both bathtub and shower. There was a hot water cattle and tea and coffee. The staff were very friendly and helped in any way possible. My car was parked by the valet and taken care of. The only issue I had was with the Internet. It costed a lot and I was given a one hour complimentary voucher but the line was slow. The hotel location is very nice at a quite street bit close enough to a busy main road that has every thing. Will definitely stay there again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I travelled in May. The hotel is very nice, in a convenient location for business and shopping, The rooms are very comfortable and the staff friendly. The food in the buffets was very good and simply excellent in the Asian restaurant . What else ?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is too expensive for the location as it is far from where the attractions are. Secondly I had a buffet which i was told by a member of staff the price was 35 dirhams when the bill came they charged me 135 per person we only had 1 plate as my husband did not eat anything he just tried my food we ended up paying 304 dirhams for nothing as the food was appauling it was like eating cardboard, i then decided to go to a member of staff and told them i was told that the buffet was only 35 dirhams per person the manager then blamed me saying i had a misunderstanding in communication which was really rude and not true as we asked the member of staff twice for the price and she said 35 both times! I will never be coming to this hotel again the manager is very rude and said i would not get a buffet for less then 135 anywhere else and i see no point of paying 1500 dirham deposit when i hardly had anything from the minibar which i could have payed for at the end of my stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Montana_Sammy
Riyadh
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here at the end of March for 4 nights. Room was fine, facilities fine. Pool might get a bit crowded at weekends/busy times but was fine when we were there. Excellent poolside snack bar. Breakfast a bit crowded but plenty of friendly staff to keep things moving . Good location and shuttle bus around Dubai was perfect. Taxis easy to find and reasonably priced. Lively street with shops/cafes and decent shopping centre 5 mins walk away. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't come here for sea views - it's in a residential area but is not noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SteveBarratt
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Ramada Jumeirah is in a very good location at the top end of Jumeirah Beach which makes it easy to get to any part of Dubai (JBR, Downtown or Deira are all on 15-20 minutes away). The rooms were also quite nice. The beds were comfortable as were the bathrooms. That is however, where the positive aspects end. I arrived at the hotel quite late (approximately 11pm) and upon attempting to check-in I was informed that my reservation could not be located and I was asked for a reservation number. I provided this also but it was apparently insufficient. The lady at Reception then requested that I email through the booking confirmation so she could sort out my room. I requested the wifi password and was unable to connect. She informed me that this was because "the wifi does not work at the reception, only over in that corner of the lobby," where all the other guests had culminated. I then joined the other desperate internet seekers and sent my booking confirmation. After approximately 10 minutes without hearing anything further I approached reception to ask when I could head to my room. The lady, shocked that I was asking, informed me that she hadn't received it and could I send it again. I informed her I had sent it but would send it again. Approximately another 5 minutes went past, at which point I began watching her check-in customer after customer. Finally, she sent a Bell-hop over to tell me again that she didn't have the email and to send it again. I informed him as well, I had sent it and that she should check her emails properly. He returned to her, presumably to let know. Apparently, in the following 10 minutes she either learnt how to press refresh or to check her junk email because she managed to locate the email and we were able to check in. The whole experience took close to an hour and I have never been treated with such disdain and indignation by any staff member in any hotel ever. Especially not a large 4 star international chain in a city with a million other hotels to choose from. On top of this, internet is not included in the price, and even after purchasing internet it didn't work in our room, only in that very specific part of the lobby. If I had just been looking for a nice room and no service, I would've booked an apartment and paid less, and I would probably have had internet. I am in Dubai approximately monthly and am always looking for outstanding hotels. I doubt I would stay here again, especially not without the promise of a far more positive service experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Johntyw
GM_RamadaJumeirah, General Manager at Ramada Jumeirah, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Johntyw,

I am really sorry about the confusion at the front desk and can’t find a reasonable explanation as to why this was handled so unprofessionally. The staff member has been scolded as this is certainly not the way I expect my employees to act. When the human element is involved we sometimes fail to provide the service we are normally renowned for.

With reference to the Internet, we unfortunately had some technical challenges with it and it was down for 2 days.

Dear Johntyw, I would appreciate it if you would try us once again, for us to prove that these circumstances were a one off, for me to also apologize in person, and try to explain why we still do charge for the internet (which we obviously will waive if and when you decide to stay with us again!)

Tim Swagemakers
Rosmalen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our first trip to Dubai is always special. My family are some kind of globetrotters and it's always a new experience to meet the staff and quality of hotel. The location of hotel is for us super. In neighbourhood there were some small restaurants and supermarkets so what else do you need. Due to cheap taxi fares (€ 3,00) you are in 10 minutes where ever you want to go. Beach, downtown or Matinat. But most of all the staff were so friendly that we must say that it was hard to say goodbye to them. (Don't worry, we will be back). The boys from pooldeck, Juan and Parkash mainly, were dedicated, interested and super nice. Also our girl from Dock's bar Evangeline was very thoughtfull and sicere interested in our wellbeing.
So RAMADA.....WE WILL BE BACK

Room Tip: Just pick one
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family