“Get What You Pay For!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Get What You Pay For!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I share the sentiments of previous reviewers in stating that Yin Yang might be reasonably priced, but don't expect any "deep touch" therapy, and definitely no "extras"! The entire place seems like it was built for tourists, and to be honest I felt foolish when leaving. (should've read the reviews!) After that I stuck to the Rich Hathaway dubai guide and did much better off-the-beaten-path. In fact, there are some excellent massage parlours in Dubai. . .just not Yin Yang. Skip it - you won't miss anything.

Visited December 2012
11 Thank conradweis

Stavanger, Norway
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lovign Dubai”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Wonderful, I love being pampered. I could do this every day, PLEASE!

3 Thank Ann H B
Cairns, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Not the experience I hoped for”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I recently purchased a deal on one of the Dubai discount voucher websites for a 60 minute massage and relaxing acupuncture for AED 199, which equated for AED 500 in value. I have used these vouchers before, once at the Yin Yan salon just around the corner and found the staff were brilliant and did not compromise on quality just because it was purchased at a cheaper price. However at Yin Yan massage centre in Suha in Sadaf, JBR, I felt unlike their neighboring hair salon, they did compromise on quality for the lower price and I felt somewhat cheated, as I was promised the AED 500 in value massage and acupuncture.

I turned up 10 minutes prior to my appointment and was promptly shown to the massage room. The staff seemed friendly enough although clear instruction was not given. I feel a well trained therapist should advise you to remove your clothes and lay on the table or whatever but I was just kind of dropped in there and the door was closed. Luckily I have enough common sense to get prepared for the massage so I go in and wait. The therapist comes in, however she did not introduce herself or ask any questions, she just started massaging.

The massage was firm and enjoyable, however it went for only 20 minutes!! Then she disapeared from the room without a word and another therapist appeared, did not ask me a single question, and started jabbing acupuncture needles into me! I have had it before so was not overly worried, however surely she should have introduced herself, prepared me prior to just jabbing me with the needles and maybe explained what the purpose of the treatment was and why a needle was put in that particular place. This is always the experience I have had before. Also I felt she should have asked certain medical questions, firstly if I was pregant, as some acupunture points should not be used. I am not for the record but this was of a concern.

She jabbed the needles in, and I wondered at that point if she was even qualified to do so. She then said 'relax', turned off the light and left me there in the dark for about 40 minutes. During this time I relaxed, as the ambience of the room was nice, however I felt a shooting pain in my arm after some time and being covered in needles could not exactly get up and find the therapist. After the full hour was up (after 20 minute massage and 40 minutes of just lying there) she turned up and turned on the light, and promptly took out the needles. I was feeling a bit emotional at this point and had burst into tears which I know is common with acupuncture, and I asked her about it but dont think she understood. I just wished she would have warned me before removing as a good practitioner should be aware of their clients emotional state before making any sudden moves and it can really mess with someones mindset and relaxed state.

Anyway, the overall experience was not unpleasant I guess, I mean the massage was nice, she did a good job, but 20 minutes when 60 minute massage was advertised was downright misleading, even if it was AED 199, I was promised AED 500 in value. If I had paid AED 500 for this I would be horrified!

I do think the acupuncture had some positive effects but to not be able to ask questions of your therapist and discuss it was disapointing, especially because it is such a personal thing that have have profound effects on ones mental state, and one should be highly qualified before doing this. To be honest, I am not sure I would return. Yin Yan for hair - definately, but for massage, no thanks.

Visited July 2011
9 Thank kylieboo28
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Massages - Excellent service, value and staff”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Experienced and attentive staff who offer range of types of massages. I had an oil massage and my husband had a deep tissues massage...both were excellent. Staff are strong, experienced and the whole visit was wonderful.

Visited June 2011