“Scums with Scams”

Ranked #97 of 295 Speciality Lodging in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Scums with Scams”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Impolite Receptionists with unhidden greed that you pay up before you even enter the hotel literally before even the welcome greeting. My Family was late for a week but no problem, breakfast was charged in their absence everyday. When my family finally came, they slept late and woke up late so I had to pay double to get it served in the room. Shopping was only at one grocery that was nearby - nothing else exists nearby. No service available without payment first. My Security Guards were my biggest help, they were polite and always ready to help.

The only two good things were the rooms were good sized and plenty of peace because you are sitting in a large sandy parking lot by yourself. Even Taxis were rare but they claim to have their own Taxi. I do not believe there is any Manager in this hotel because on the last day, I had a bill with all kinds of charges that never met my budget but I was so happy to be leaving, it did not bother me. They were overbooked so I moved to a cheaper place in Bur Dubai and we were overjoyed even though it was smaller. Never again.

Room Tip: You will find a better and cheaper room elsewhere !
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alfeisal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 January 2014

If it is not because of my company organize this for my accommodation, I rather go for other cheaper hotels apartments. I'm not really sure whether this is the culture in Dubai or this is the one and only hotel that have sucks service!!
My previous trip staying in this hotel are not really bad but recently stayed for almost 3 month was the worst ever.
The hotel Room service team are so lethargic. Plus I'm so unfortunate to get apathetic response from the management as well.
Impractical Gym equipments provided without any appropriate supervision from maintenance.
I'm not really sure what is happening to this hotel but maybe this is the CHEAPEST service they can provide.
Thanks to the HOTEL OWNER with your HOGGISH ATTITUDE...parking all of your scrap car in the available parking lot and put PLEASE DON'T TOUCH SIGN!! What are you thinking...are you pleasant your customer or try to fascinate yourself??

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank shaharudin80

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was hoping our welcome was not the way our whole stay would be, but it turned out it was. We arrived at 3am and had booked a 1 bedroom apartment for 4 people. When we got there with our 2 little kids, there was only 2 beds. As it was 3 am we immediately put the kids in our bed and asked for the kids beds to be brought up. Half an hour passed. I rang again and just asked for some sheets and pillows so they could sleep on the couch and this time a staff member came up within ten minutes with 2 blankets and 1 pillow, no sheets or another pillow. We made the best we could asking again twice the next day for sheets and pillows for them to sleep on the couch. Plus side the couch was much comfier then the concrete firm beds.

While all this was going on our lights kept going out and we had to have a maintenance man come and fix the light switch where the room card goes. It was a temporary fix because on the last day it started happening again. Over the course of the next few days we also had no hot water and needed maintenance again. That's three times he attended the apartment.

On the upside the room is huge and I do not see why they couldn't add some sofa lounges or a few rollaway beds in there. Lots of space and big kitchen too, not much cooking gear though.

I was so disappointed in the stay and when I mentioned it to the staff at the end, the desk lady apologised and said she hoped they could make it up next time we returned. Unfortunately there will be no next time. So glad we moved somewhere else during our Dubai stay.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Travel_with_Bender
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I recently stayed in Gulf Oasis Hotel Apartments for five nights, loved the apartment very clean and cosy room. The bed was very comfortable, we really enjoyed my time at the Gulf Oasis Hotel Apartments. I will be staying there again on my next visit to Dubai, the local area was also very nice lovely restaurants around the local area also a 24 hour supermarket called Carrefour which you will find everything you will ever need also cheap.

The hotel area close to everywhere ect Dubai Marina Walk, The Palm.. all with 10 to 20 mins drive. The hotel is also close to the metro which is about a 15 minute walk which saves money on taxis and takes you to anywhere you need to go. There is always taxis available at anytime of day or night.

Only bad points were some of the staff were unhelpful and did not care, also came across as rude.However three members of staff that really stood out to me was mainly the housekeeper Rajesh I believe his name was, wonderful man very very helpful and kind. Also front desk staff Ahmed was also very helpful on our stay, and a security guard which was also very kind however I did not get his name

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samria J
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

fantastic hotel with a lovely view from the room over dubai. the pool was lovely and the jacuzzi was nice and quiet in the evening for us to relax in.

it is situated in a fantastic area close to their metro and near lots of different restaurants and shops for convenience.

we also used their version of 'justeat' and ordered nandos direct to our door one evening after we had been out adventuring all day!!

would definitely suggest downloading the dubai app if you have an ipad etc as its full of fab information for you to use on your holiday.

definitely go on the desert safari trip was an amazing experience which we definitely will never work with the dune bashing them having tea in the desert with the shows etc.

we also went to the water park (atlantis) which was fab but when we return again in april we will be going to wadi world i think. atlantis water park was brilliant and we really enjoyed although a nightmare to get a rubber ring - be prepared to fight for them!!

we also went to the burj khalifa and dubai mall and mall of the emirates - definitely worth visiting!!

we went in april and it was the perfect temperature lovely and hot but not too hot with a nice gentle breeze now and again - still tshirt/short weather in the evening.

as a young girl i also found it acceptable for me to wear clothes i wanted to. most of the time i had a vest top on with a seethrough/holed cover up top over the top of my vest top with shorts etc. which was fine.

staff were fab at holding our luggage for us on our departure day after checking out and also arranging the taxi to take us back to the airport. we arrived at the hotel very late hours after a long day travelling and the staff were brilliant helping us to quickly get into our room and settled for the evening helping it to flow easily and arranging our wifi etc for us.

staff were fantastic throughout the stay and thoroughly helpful will definitely return to the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank nikkijr93
bergamo
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I spent 10 days in this hotel.
It's a new construction, good atmoshere and services.

Wiide rooms and well served. When we reached the hotel we got a free update of room.
Really near the metro and with restaurant open 24h in the nearhood.

Really good both for business and holiday.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank misteriosoabcde
lagos, nigeria
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I will love to stay at The Gulf Oasis Apartments on my next trip. It is such a nice place, friendly environment, quiet and peaceful. Big rooms and a cozy sitting room. The kitchenette was fantastic. The kids absolutely loved it. As a first time visitor in 2008, I stayed in Dierra. My second trip in 2011 made more sense with the change in location. As the saying goes, Location matters a lot. It made a huge difference in our stay in Dubai. Lastly, December is the best time to be in Dubai. You will love every bit of your Christmas. One of the best cities in the world. Choose Gulf Oasis, I so recommend it.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family