“Wow factor”

Price range: US$85 - US$150
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Fresh and innovative regional Indian cuisine is on the menu at Armani/Amal, along with an exciting beverage list and selected teas. Exotic curries and other specialities are prepared tableside, showcasing time honoured traditional cooking methods and ingredients. Enjoy a memorable dining experience with stunning views over the Dubai Fountain.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we stayed in Dubai from 24/03/14-3103/14 and during our stay we had a meal with friends at this restaurant and wow was definately on the menu
The food was amazing and the views of the fountain display to music was truly a lovely extra, after we had finished the meal we went outside to get first hand of the display which was even better.
Great experience and definately worth a visit

Lawrence R, Manager at Armani/Amal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Jo,

Thank you very much for your review “WOW Factor” in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal . It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was positive.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view, service and food. Entire Amal team is very happy to see such a feedback "Great experience and definately worth a visit"

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The restaurant occupies prime location on the 3rd floor of Burj Khalifa, which is an unique architectural masterpiece itself. Its terrace boosts the very best view over the spectacular performance of the dancing-singing fountains of Dubai, which highlights any dinner in this restaurant with magical water-light-music show. Though I am not an expert on Indian fine-dining, but I would say that the tasting menu is worth trying. It gives you a comprehensive overview about the best food from the restaurant's menu. The food was nicely arranged and tasty, served by attentive staff. The place itself is chic with very fine decor. I believe that you can find even better Indian fine-dining options in the city, but hardly with more charming atmosphere, making the place ideal for special occasions.

1  Thank Kristina F

Dear Kristina,

Thank you very much for your well detailed review “Spectacular indulgence for all senses” in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal . It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was positive.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view, service and food. Entire Amal team is very happy to see such a feedback "Though I am not an expert on Indian fine-dining, but I would say that the tasting menu is worth trying."

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This restaurant is a stunner. We had a magical evening here due to the fantastic design and incredible setting of Amal. It is an exceptionally beautiful, chic, sexy, super cool space. I had pre-booked the terrace some months previous and we had an amazing view directly over the fountains. The restaurant wasn't busy so its ambiance wasn't derived from the buzz of a crowd, purely from its incredible aesthetic allure and phenomenal views. Service was impeccable. Food started well with delicious nibbles and bread but sadly starters and mains were not exceptional at all, food was very average at best. Yet I have given 5 out of 5! We enjoyed our evening so much that I have to award this score for the sheer pleasure of the overall experience and I would highly recommend it despite disappointing food.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your well detailed and fantastic review “The Most Magical Setting" in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal . It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was positive.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view and service. Entire Amal team is very happy to see such a feedback like "Service was impeccable".

However i'm very much disappointed to see that you haven't enjoyed the food with us. Chef Sameer is looking into every possible way to improve the quality of the food. We will enusre that we will "get it right" on your next visit to Amal.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am a foodie first. My expectations of the food plus price offer me a value. Then service and ambiance complete my experience. This food ranges from good to excellent (range-same entry prepared differently on separate nights/ to something special). It is pricey. I have had both set menu's and you will not leave hungry. The service is also variable but generally very good. So.... Go... sit outside of currently the tallest building in the world, with the Armani Hotel ambiance and one of the very best water shows! This is a place to go for a special evening!!

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your review “Location,Location,Location for a special evening” in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal . It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was positive.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the view, service and food. Entire Amal team is very happy to see such a feedback like "Then service and ambiance complete my experience and This is a place to go for a special evening!!"

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went to Amal for my parent's anniversary & were disappointed with the overall experience. To start with, I had speciafically requested for a table with a view of the fountain while making reservations, but we were given a place facing the kitchen of all places!!

Now as for the food, the vegetarian fare is just about average. Better food can easily be found in other places like Rang Mahal or Indego. Have to give a shoutout for the mocktails/cocktails & the dessert we had (Gajar Halwa), only highlight of our whole meal. The main course itself was nothing special.

As for the service, it was average again, nothing to write home about. So, overall, out experience was not that great. I wanted to make the night special for my parents, but was let down sadly.

1  Thank Nishant M

Dear Nishant,

Thank you very much for your review in tripdavisor following your recent dining experience in Armani Amal .

However I’m disappointed to see that you were not pleased with the entire experience. Please note that entire Amal team is doing our very best to make sure all our guests are having fantastic experience with us. In regards fountain preference that we are not confirming any fountain view or terrace table while making booking. Due to the high demand terrace and fountain view tables are on first come first serve basis. which is always communicated to our guest while making the booking.

You have mentioned that we don't have enough of veg dishes in our menu. I would like to say that we have around 80 dishes in our menu in which 35% of dishes are vegetarian and Chef Sameer is welcoming any off menu request from our valued guests to make their experience memorable. In an average our culinary team is preparing at least 15 – 20 off menu dishes. Which is always appreciated by our guests. I would appreciate if you could let us know in advance if you have any request on veg dishes.

I would like to thank you for your compliments for the cocktail, mocktail and dessert.