“Incredible food and service”
Review of The Ivy - CLOSED

The Ivy
Price range: US$50 - US$200
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: As a piece of London within Dubai, The Ivy Restaurant, bar and lounge is an elegant and relaxed international brasserie open for all day dining. Based upon it's sister restaurant The Ivy in London, the food, service and ambiance represents the same exclusive experience. It is famous for its weekend brunches (on both Friday and Saturday),live music and top-rated service. With a menu to suit all tastes and pockets, The Ivy is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests. In addition to the A la Carte menu, a daily Business lunch is available Sunday to Thursday. Ivy Classics menu is available at AED 200 for three courses. Wednesday evening is Steak Night. The bar and lounge has a daily happy hour from 5pm till 8pm.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Last night we went back to the The Ivy with friends and yet again our expectations were surpassed.

The food was simply stunning, I had the Ivy tasting plate to state follow by the pork chop with asparagus and both were outstanding. This washed down with a bottle of Chateau Musar made for a magnificent meal. The team were attentive without being over bearing and this despite the restaurant being packed and after a brunch session!

I cannot recommend The Ivy enough and it is by far the best restaurant in Dubai - I encourage all to try!

2  Thank jon74
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Jon,

Thank you once again for posting your Ivy musings on Tripadvisor. Praise of this kind is humbling to say the least and I will very proudly share it with the team both front and back of house.

I was very pleased to read that you, like me, are a major Chateau Musar fan-this is a wine that I have been wanting to list at The Ivy for a long time and so I am delighted that it has been well received!

I sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy your visits to the restaurant and that we maintain top rating status in your favourite Dubai venues.

Kind regards,

Niki Robinson

Kind regards,

Niki Robinson

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was fortunate to have my birthday dinner at The Ivy.
Food,was excellent, staff efficient and friendly. They helped to make my visit that extra special.
We visited at the time of The Happy Hour.......super!
Highly reccomended.

3  Thank Margaret Derek L
Jumeirah Restau... M, Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of The Ivy. We are always delighted to see new reviews from our guests and your kind words are no exception.

First of all, allow me to correct you in that the pleasure was all ours to be chosen as your venue to celebrate your birthday. We are thrilled to be able to share a guest’s special day and do all we can to make it an experience to remember. On that note, it is fantastic to see that this was the case for you on your birthday.

Our lounge is a great venue to enjoy a drink and some nibbles for any occasion and without a doubt, our new extended happy hour offer from 5pm – 8pm every day is a unique deal sweetener…all I can say is I hope you were here on a Tuesday or Thursday evening to hear a personalized jazzy rendition of Happy Birthday by Ciaran!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your special night and we hope to be your venue of choice for many more to come.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I visit Dubai a lot on business and recently went to the ivy with some colleagues - had a great business lunch which was very affordable @130/150 2 or 3 course and this included my soft drinks and the double espresso I needed to give me a boost !! Great service and great food !!

3  Thank Franko1984

Dear Guest

Thank you for relaying your feedback to us from your most recent visit for our Business Lunch. We appreciate all and any input as to how our guests found The Ivy Dubai.

With our location in the heart of DIFC, business lunch is an area where we strive to compete and be a first choice for many local businesses and their employees. To achieve this, we understand the importance of delivering value through quality food, excellent choice and characterful service.

I loved your mention of the inclusive drinks and coffee – office hours can be long and we also appreciate the value of good coffee to bridge the gap between morning and afternoon!

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great dinner at The Ivy in Dubai. Had the chefs selection, a 3 course meal for approx €40 per head. There was a great choice for starter, main and dessert. Food was delicious, great location and friendly staff. Well worth visit for lunch or dinner or their famous Friday brunch.

2  Thank 1958amanda

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dinner experience at The Ivy Dubai. We highly appreciate all means of feedback and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our Chef’s Plate which is a fantastic way to have a true taste of The Ivy! Chef Ben and his team are constantly coming up with fresh ideas to deliver a weekly changing offer for guests whilst also ensuring the right amount of scope and selection to suit all palates. I am glad to see the choices which we offer were noticed and remarked upon by you and your party.

The Ivy team are also one of the most talked about features of the business and it is great to see that we impressed upon you our trademark service – we might all be a bit mad but it seems to work very well!

As for your mention of our famous Friday brunch, I am first of all thrilled to see you have enjoyed our Friday brunch in the past and that we are leaving this impression on guests. The atmosphere in The Ivy between 1 and 4 every Friday really has become electric and is the perfect culmination of our entertainment, food, drinks and service of which we are very proud.

Thank you once more for your positive feedback, We hope to be welcoming you back through our doors in the very near future, hopefully for the occasion of a Friday Ivy brunch!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Food is top notch. Shellfish Cocktail is first rate and their steaks are always good.

Service can be a little slow though and the cocktails are very hit and miss. Little tip is go to the Bar on top of the Emirates Towers before hand. The view is spectacular and the cocktails are first rate. The Martini the Ivy served me was dreadful in comparison.

And 160 Euro for a bottle of Cloudy Bay?? Come off it!!

2  Thank Robert C
Jumeirah Restau... M, Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Ivy. Feedback like this is our most valuable tool for continually improving our service and gauging our guests’ experiences. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the food on your most recent visit, namely the ever popular shellfish cocktail and our Australian grain fed steaks.

It has been noted that you found your service to be slow – this is an area in which we feel we excel and any instance of service being slow is a serious matter for us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I was deeply perturbed to read your comments on the consistency of the cocktails. We recently implemented a brand new cocktail menu which has been very well received. One of the trains of thought for the new menu was to remove classic cocktails from the menu itself, as we hope customers will know that we are more than capable of delivering the classics well. However, to hear that your Martini was not up to standard is a major issue on which I will follow up immediately. The key to our bi-weekly cocktail training sessions is consistency and moreover, ensuring that all drinks (especially the likes of a Martini) are bespoke and made to the preferences of our guests. This is especially important in Dubai, where the asking price for any product must be justified in its quality. Through our new menu and constant training, we aim to soon be one of the best cocktail institutions in Dubai, let alone in Emirates Towers and it is through feedback like yours that we can continually improve and take steps toward achieving that goal.

I would welcome the opportunity to hear from you personally and see if we can rectify your recent bar experience on your next visit. At your convenience, please contact me on aaron.stanley@jumeirah.com and I sincerely hope we can correctly show you what every experience in The Ivy’s bar should be like.

I look forward to hearing from you, thank you again for your feedback.