“Birthday Brunch”

Ranked #282 of 9,701 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$50 - US$200
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As a piece of London within Dubai, The Ivy Restaurant, bar and lounge is an elegant and relaxed international brasserie open for all day dining. Based upon it's sister restaurant The Ivy in London, the food, service and ambiance represents the same exclusive experience. It is famous for its weekend brunches (on both Friday and Saturday),live music and top-rated service. With a menu to suit all tastes and pockets, The Ivy is the perfect venue for both business and pleasure. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests. In addition to the A la Carte menu, a daily Business lunch is available Sunday to Thursday. Ivy Classics menu is available at AED 200 for three courses. Wednesday evening is Steak Night. The bar and lounge has a daily happy hour from 5pm till 8pm.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very busy brunch venue. Seated promptly and asked for drinks orders. Service was smooth throughout. David was our waiter along with another man I failed to get the name of - both very good at what they do and very easy on the eye too ;-)
Food was very tasty. Friend had the smoked salmon and scrambled egg starter which was very good but very big. Roast beef was apparently excellent and is served as a huge single slice. My egg florentine was lovely. The pan-fried sea bream was good too and just the right amount. Cocktails were lovely. I have to say that the Bloody Mary was one of the best I've had and I've had a few! Cosmopolitans were also excellently made by the friendly mixologist.
It's a very noisy brunch so not ideal for a romantic date. Wine paring choice was good too apparently, with as many glasses as needed provided.
I look forward to going for dinner next time.

Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our brunch! It is great to get a guest's perspective on service and ways in which we can improve our offer generally.

You are right indeed about it being a rather noisy affair! With that in mind you might want to try the rather more sedate Saturday Brunch instead - a very leisurely option - we call it The Rolling Brunch as it runs all day long and the packages start the mometn you do.

Thanks for your comments about the food, cocktails and service - they were gratefully received! As for the remarks about David we may well keep them to ourselves, we don't want him to get a big head!!!!

We very much hope to welcome you back for dinner very soon.

Niki

There are newer reviews for The Ivy

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The decor is understated and elegant. The staff are excellent, they understand good customer service and they think outside the box! Check their website for the menu options. They have some special menus and it is worth looking at the offers they do. In my opinion, the food is some of the most delicious food in Dubai, simple, but amazing! Both times I have visited it has been quiet so on these occasions the atmosphere can be lacking, but its a cozy enough setting that you don't feel conspicuous.

1  Thank clairebear8182
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Claire,

It is always great to receive reviews from Senior contributors on Tripadvisor, so thank you.
Your comments about the decor, service and cosy intimacy are very welcome indeed, but it is your amazing critique of the food that will particularly delight Chef!
The whole concept is about using great ingredients, preparing them well and serving them well, so it seems that on these two occasions at least we met the brief!

As for atmosphere there are points of the week when you will always hit that 'Ivy buzz' - all of the usual suspects, Thursdays and Fridays for example.

I very much hope that you continue to enjoy our food and hospitality in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Friday brunch is excellent and the music perfect....but for something different try the Saturday rolling brunch. It is quite so perfect for a conversation over nice food and wine. Service is perfect and the place is (very! too?) quite.
Choice of food and wine is broad enough to satisfy even difficult eaters.
Not to be missed!

1  Thank marina d
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Marina,

thanks for your lovely comments about both of our weekend brunch options - it seems you are somewhat of an expert! It is great to hear that despite being very different you enjoyed both - Fridays are so frenetic that the more relaxed and European style Saturday brunch marks a nice contrast!
Your mention of the service and choice was greatly appreciated and I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the restaurant to further enjoy both in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Ivy does the whole eating out lunch experience just right. Staff are the most professional I have seen in Dubai. Food is great - simple British and European classics, well cooked and beautifully presented. Grilled Octopus salad to start followed by lightly fried scallops has to be close to my perfect lunch. Yes, the location is a bit odd - middle of an empty mall - but once you are inside the Ivy doors, who cares what's happening outside?

4  Thank Tim R
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for your generous review of your Saturday lunch! I cannot tell you what a joy it is to read your comments, partiduclarly those about the staff and food.

Your mention of the octopus dish struck a particular chord we me personally as it is my favourite - and sure to become a 'classic' in time.

I very much hope to welcome you back to the restaurant again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We attended the Friday Brunch at the Ivy with our son and a couple of friends. The location in the Emirates Towers Mall isn't what we expected, but we figured this might be normal for Dubai. We were met at the door and immediately shown to our table and from that point on the wait staff were excellent and attentive throughout the afternoon.

As others arrived the noise became deafening and on checking the surrounding I noted they had zero sound deadening materials. The sound just kept echoing. Just prior to the food service it was actually so loud it was uncomfortable.

The biggest negative was smoking - who would have thought that in 2014 they permit smoking inside. Our son advised it is permitted at the bar. Some people spent the entire afternoon at the bar smoking, only return to the table when a food course was served. Due to the smoking we will never return.

We tried the tasting menu with wine pairings and were not disappointed. Compliments to the chef as each course was excellent, especially the lamb shank. One of the best lamb I have ever tasted. The wines, while not spectacular, were well paired with each course. All wines were served promptly with each course.

Excellent food and drinks, but unfortunately ruined by those that find it necessary to pollute the atmosphere.

4  Thank Gla_Rangers
Jumeirah Restau... M, General Manager at The Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear 'Raffles',

My sincere thanks for your very comprehensive review of The Ivy brunch-this form of critique is gratefully received and acts as a standards barometer, if you will.

I take on board all that you have said with regards to the 'pollution of the atmosphere' that you experienced. Brunch is our most frenetic service of the week and as such can indeed be quite loud as you have mentioned. As for the smoking this is something that we have tried to isolate to the bar only, but we understand that it can indeed overtake part of the restaurant if there are a lot of smokers present. Please note that in both instances we will always endeavour to seat our guests as far away from the lounge/bar area as possible so as to afford a lesser interruption of your meal - there are always lots of people who want to be 'front and center' so accommodating this request is normally fairly easy.

Your comments about the food and wine were very kind and I will share them with the team.

Whilst I appreciate that you have decided not to visit us again, I would like to reiterate that we will always try and accommodate your wants and needs - and might I suggest that should you brunch with us again you make use of our Private Dining Room which would afford you a more intimate and smoke free expereince - it seats up to 20 people.

I hope to change your mind and welcome you back in the future. In the meantime happy brunching!