Marina Byblos Hotel
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$275
US$253
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$198
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$327
US$220
US$224
US$201
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$128
US$279
US$247
Priceline
1,306 results
All reviewsenglish barrooftop poolfree wifinon smoking roomhigher floormetro stationreception areamin walkenjoyed my stayjumeirah beachdubai mallnelldiscosupermarkettaxis
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The one thing I disliked the most was the no free wifi anywhere in the hotel. Room service was left to be desired. I ordered Nachos with been, cheese and beans. I found one bean in the whole plate. :) funny! The first thing I noticed as the door man took my bag, that I did not get a receipt for it. Consequently, I received a call in my room wanting to know which bag was mine. :) again funny! It appears to me that most of the staff (with the exception of housekeeping) lacks sleep because they seemed a bit disoriented and a bit distracted. I give housekeeping a good review. They were polite, helpful and the room was well cleaned and maintained. Thanks housekeeping. I did however, liked the location because of its proximity to the beach, so I will return and give them another try. :) funny thing!

Room Tip: Choose 6th floor. It is a quiet floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MarinaByblos, Manager at Marina Byblos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience.

We have carefully reviewed all the information you have kindly provides us, and we deeply apologize for having come short of meeting some of your expectations.

Rest assured that each comment is looked into with members of the concerned teams and adjusted where ever possible.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to demonstrate our ability to deliver service and facilities to your expectations and to amend your latest views.

We look forward to such in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have been travelling to Dubai at least a couple of times per year on holiday since 2006, this is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. We stayed on the fifth floor, the disco was at ground level, the loud music continued until 3am after which the revellers poured out onto the street, we were then kept awake until 4am with the noise outside, people shouting, taxi's beeping...it was horrendous.

Poolside looks beautiful in the hotel pictures, it is disgusting - dirty sun loungers and many of them broken, parasols broken and poolside tables rusty...I have never seen anything of the likes anywhere else in Dubai. The pool is at rooftop level with the generators and ventilation shafts for the hotel. It is both noisy and smelly. There is nothing remotely relaxing about being there.

The food selection was extremely limited and food was served cold for the 7 nights we stayed. Breakfast was again limited and you were expected to pay extra if you wanted a latte? I have literally never experienced that anywhere we have been before.

We booked a marina view room but our view consisted of a pet shop, a barbers and a fish and chip shop and a number of unfinished high rise buildings, there was not a marina in sight.

The room itself was basic. There was no walk in shower, the towels, supposedly white were grey and to switch the bedside lights out you have to remove the key card from the wall, nothing 4 star about it.

This was not a cheap holiday, we have stayed at the Madinat on numerous occasions for the same price, so we were horrified to experience such poor quality and service. On leaving the hotel we were not helped at all with our cases (we are both in our late 60s). One gentleman checked out of the hotel with his family and went somewhere else, another man refused his room upon arrival which kind of says it all. We did complain for the best part of 2 days but the hotel was not concerned. They admitted it was not on a parr with other 4 star hotels!

Unless you are only looking for a bed to sleep in, do not visit this hotel, you will be disappointed.

We have since booked to return to Dubai in July and will be going back to Jumeriah Beach hotel where we know we will be guaranteed a great holiday with excellent accommodation, great food and fabulous service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carmel P
MarinaByblos, Front Office Manager at Marina Byblos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience.

I have tried to contact you to your contact number however it was not going through ; I will really appreciate if you could contact me to my email to insure that we deal with your concerns in proper hospitality way.
dani.moaccad@marinabybloshotel.com

We look forward to such in the not too distant future.

Kind regards
Dani Moaccad

Reviewed 16 June 2014

There are a few problems with this hotel.
100 Dirhams per day for WiFi and the only place that I could get a signal was the bathroom.
I think it's ridiculous that the beach and KFC offer free WiFi but a 4 star hotel doesn't.
The rooms are not sound proofed, you could even hear a pen drop in the hallway.
You will not get a decent sleep because of the taxis outside honking their horn all day and night.
I moved to a room at the back of the hotel and that was worse, all I could hear was the music from the bars downstairs.
Rooms do not have an Iron and when you requested one they expect it back within 10 minutes.
Poor gym equipment and pool area was average, slightly run down. The pool attendant just sat on the bench all day.
Pestered everyday by the mini bar guy to check what has been used.
My advice would be to pay an extra 150 dirhams per night and go to the Movenpick, Sofitel or Mina Seyahi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gary0585
MarinaByblos, Manager at Marina Byblos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review of your recent stay in Marina Byblos Hotel. Your invaluable feedback is vital, in order for us to be able to identify service and product deficiencies that may otherwise not be brought to our attention.

I wish to sincerely apologize that the service provided during your stay was not up to your standard, this was undoubtedly an oversight, albeit not intentional, on our behalf and I along with the team sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused.

While I realize that we cannot undo the experiences that you had throughout your stay, I do hope that you will in due course provide us with another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Byblos Hotel, I look forward to this opportunity in the near future with the focus to restore your confidence in our team and our service.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the last few years. Its getting worse. The prices dropped from mid may so used it again. Its looking rough around the edges. Didn't get the room I asked for. Overcharged me for using the minibar which I didn't. No free wifi. Doormen don't take your bags up to the room anymore and was miserable. The pool area on the roof looks terrible. The pool attendant was asleep. The tables were dirty and noone to take a drinks order. The healthclub staff may still be prostitutes but they aren't attractive anymore (!) but still hover around the gym watching you excercise. I won't go back again, it used to be good value and new but now in peak season the prices are outrageous for what you get. Lazyness or arrogance has taken over. Oh and the room still wasn't cleaned by 3pm. Plenty of other options in dubai.

• Stayed: May 2014
MarinaByblos, Manager at Marina Byblos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting your review ; we have noted some of your comments and we are currently working on it.

Moreover I would like to highlight to you that our team members are well chosen and they all came from a very respected background & experience hence we can't define our guest intention towards them and their respective job.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thought about changing hotel before we left after reading through some reviews however chose to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Booked a non smoking room with a marina view yet given a room that when you opened the door you could smell the smoke and a view of the main road. A room facing the main road means you hear the traffic at all times during the night and people coming out the nightclub .. Take earplugs. The rooms have the basics you'd expect however the beds are uncomfortable. Also, noticed that the when the shower is on the bath takes forever to drain so your standing in the water .. Yuck.
Breakfast is simple and not much of a variety and lacked taste, from the breakfast experience we never attempted dinner at the hotel. The minibar is also over priced .. The shop down the road was cheaper.
Also, felt that charging for wifi was disappointing.
Next the pool area .. Counted 8 sun loungers in total and your pretty much lying on the ground were your on one!
The only plus side of the hotel is the closeness to the marina and the metro station, however the walk to the jumeriah beach walk is about 15/20mins and in the heat is horrible!

Next time I travel to dubai I definitely wouldn't consider staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smiley2602
MarinaByblos, Manager at Marina Byblos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sincerely sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have noted your comments and concerns and we are currently working on improving the points you mentioned. The services you experienced are certainly not reflecting of our usual standards and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your comments are appreciated.

Sincerely