Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
TheDolphinGuy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Great hotel and staff to match

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Dec 2016via mobile
I stayed at the marina byblos with a group of rugby supporters for 4 night's during the dubai 7's tournament. The staff were great and very tolerant of the two large groups of rugby players and supporters. Neil Gwynne pub and staff were brilliant with a live band and large selection of drafts. The rooms were smart and modern. The price was also very competitive.
Date of stay: December 2016
    £32
15.9 miles from Marina Byblos Hotel
View more hotels in Dubai
1,616 results
All reviews rooftop pool enjoyed my stay nell jbr mall
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

If you don't appreciate good service and happy to be awake all night, then this is the place to stay.

I travel to Dubai once a month for business and I try to stay at different hotels for the experience. I booked the Marina Byblos Hotel through an online booking site to stay two nights. When I arrived that evening, I asked to check in. I said hello to the receptionist first as she did not bother to greet me as she was too focussed on her computer screen. I asked if I could check in, the member of staff started looking perplexed as she entered my details on the system and asked how I'd booked the hotel. She immediately started making phone calls and failed to inform me of what was going on. I was asked to sit down for five minutes and when I asked what the issue was, the assistant explained that "the system needed to update as I had booked through an online website". I did not understand what that meant but I did say that I'd had a very early start that day and needed to sleep so I'd appreciate getting checked in soon.

I eventually got checked in and once I got to my room I realised that wifi is not included in my room charge and that it costs 90 dhs for 24 hours. This is not only ridiculous for a hotel in Dubai and given their room rates, but again I wasn't informed at check in.

The fun then began at 10:30pm when I started hearing music coming from the Club in the hotel. I tried to sleep through it and then got woken up a couple of hours later as the music got so loud I could practically sing along to Justin Bieber's 'What do you mean'. Not to mention the tapping that was beating through my ceiling. There was also a lot of door banging as people were going in and out of rooms. It reminded me of my younger days when I stayed in 2 star hotels in Zante!

Finally the smell. It was like sleeping in a fake tan tent. All I could smell all night coming from the AC system was fake tan, smelly socks and cigarette smoke in the room. I don't recall asking for a smoking room and nor was I even told as I would have asked for non smoking.

What makes this experience one of my worst stays in Dubai is the fact that I explained to the assistant at check in that I had been travelling since 3:30am that day. And she didn't think to inform me that my room was directly below a nightclub.

Never staying here again. And certainly won't recommend to anyone in my company or friends and family.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank AnnissaHady
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Booked the Byblos in Oct after a delayed trip from Feb 2016.
We were due to stay at the Grosvenor House in Feb, but the cost in Oct was almost double, so we booked the Byblos instead.
After booking we were a bit apprehensive about Lady's of the night outside approaching us as per some reviews, never saw them all week.
Arrived around 1000, room not ready until 1200, bell boy took our cases and we went for a wee wander.
Returned at 1200 and promptly checked in with the pleasant staff.
Found our room and our bags followed 2 mins later.
Nice 5th floor room (5026) with a lovely Marina view
Booked B&B, breakfast quite decent, usual continental spread, plus sausage, bacon etc, with eggs made to order by the chef outside. The sausage, bacon are slightly different to UK, but I'm not TOO fussy, so ok for me and most people by the looks of things.
Hotel had guests from all different countries, great mix.
Small Hotel lobby by Dubai standards, because of that, there always seemed to be a buzz in the lobby.
Spent some time in Nell Gwynn's, the hotel pub on the ground floor.
Happy hour from 1200 to 2000, fiver a pint/drink, with decent pub grub options.
Live band 6 nights, one night Karaoke, quiz on a Tue etc, good venue, if a bit smokey at times, most Dubai pubs are.
All in all could not fault the hotel, staff lovely, food good, pub good, Great Location.
Negatives- room service can be up to 1800 or later. Roof top pool small with limited beds, did not really bother us as it was not a pool holiday.
Spent a day at the beach, 195 AED (£40) for two beds, nice beds and beach though.
Booked the BIG BUS for one day, really need two, Dubai is a big old place. (3 seperate routes)
Took afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab, nice but VASTLY overpriced, especially for only a 1 3/4 hrs visit.
Burj Khalifa, worlds tallest building, what can I say, its a tall building.
Dubai Mall and fountains are nice.
Caught the Dubai ferry from next to Pier 7 in the Marina to Dubai Creek to visit the Souks, constantly pestered by sellers and it smells like a sewer at some points. Never bothered with the gold Souk after this.
Madinat Jumeriah near the Burj Al Arab is a lovely place, although did not have enough time to see it all.
It has a purpose built modern Souk, with lots of restaurants in the complex.
Dine at Trader Vic's, with gondolas sailing by.
Had a great Thu night, also in that complex at McGettigans bar.
Highlight of my week was a round of golf at the Address Montgomerie course.
Summary- Hotel was great for our needs.
Lovely service but not too pretentious.

Room tip: High floor, Marina view
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Desmond M
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, very clean, room as lovely and main service daily, very lovely staff run this hotel and it has lots to offer, gym, sauna, spa etc, there is at least 3 bars open until 3am and a nightclub inside hotel as well as a roof top pool, me and my partner don't smoke and you can smoke everywhere in the hotel and we did have to get moved from the 4th floor to 9th because the smell of cigarette smoke was coming through our air con vent. Apart from that the hotel is lovely and close to all amenities .

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhoandy
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Have stayed a couple of times at MB Hotel. Always clean & welcoming, with a nice rooftop pool to chill in the day. Great location for JBR & Marina. 1 major gripe is the early morning drilling that has now occurred on several stays, with no prior warning of this maintenance taking place.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lotneysloth
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Arrived in hotel for a 3night stay after 2 weeks in Thailand, we had booked two rooms for ourselves and my wifes brother and his wife, unfortunatelly only one room was ready despite it being late afternoon, the reception girl said it would be half an hour so they came up to our room to wait , after roughly two hours and pointles calls to reception , i went down to talk to them and the girl had forgot all about them and the other receptionist wasn,t really interested , they eventually managed to locate a room and when i said i wasn,t very happy she just shrugged her shoulders. the hotel was fine for our three days and the breakfast etc was excellent , the other staff were nice and very helpful, but unfortunatally were sorely let down by the reception staff

Date of stay: November 2016