2,163 results
All reviews brazilian restaurant speakeasy bar beach package jumeirah beach marina view tram station bedroom apartment public beach executive lounge min walk half board washing machine building work house keeping early check amazing hotel burj khalifa
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Well I will start by saying we booked 10 nights, and not lucky enough to be upgraded or given a Marina view. We had a room on the 14th floor with a small view of the sea, and lots of skyscrapers. The room was a basic room with twin beds, tea and coffee facilities, plenty of toiletries and towels, and 2 chairs with coffee table. When we arrived the balcony would not open and we had travelled on an overnight flight and just wanted to go to bed, so we were delighted when we were able to get in the room right away to have some sleep. I had written to the hotel beforehand and was told it could not be guaranteed. We had booked dinner and breakfast and there was always something you could eat, quite a variety. The swimming pool is out of the hotel to the left and above the supermarket and as others have said the sun disappears around the high rise flats/hotels after one o'clock, which is a shame. Worst thing about the hotel is the WIFI, very sporadic, your in then it kicks you out, you always have to go to settings and try again, I found it so annoying. We went to Abu Dhabi by taxi for 2 nights in 2 five star hotels and the WIFI came through right away, no problem whatsoever. If you want to see Abu Dhabi it is only 200-220 dirhams each way (£34-£36), it's a lovely city. I would suggest NOT going to the beauty salon in the hotel, but to the one opposite Starbucks on the way to the beach. I was given a neck massage (not booked, just getting manicure etc) and I was in pain my whole trip (on painkillers), and had to attend my doctor when I came home, overcharged and NO receipt given. Reported it to the hotel and nothing done, felt very let down by them. Water, wine and alcoholic drinks are very expensive. Small bottle of water at dinner, 18 dirhams - (£3.20), coffee - 19 dirhams (£3.30), small glass of wine - 42 dirhams - (£7.00). Suma Lounge on the 35th floor has amazing views with same prices up there. There is a Starbucks across from the hotel and you can get your latte, cappuccino etc for 14 dirhams (£2.30). The beach is absolutely fabulous, plenty of toilets (free), lots of lovely restaurants, movie theatre, yes right on the beach with sofas etc, keep fit machines, and lots more. It us lively to walk along at night ! The beach is around 7 minutes walk from the hotel, passing the Walk! The Walk has lots of shops, cafés, restaurants and hotels. Would I return to this hotel, no ! Have stayed in a few in Dubai and I would rather pay a little more to have a luxurious hotel where you can have the sun at the pool whatever time you want to sit there.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Scottishperson
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Scottishperson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry to read of your experience at salon, this has been investigated and we have certainly submit your concerns to the Salon Owner and hopefully this issue will not appear again. We sincerely hope that your neck is feeling better by now. However I can assure you that Ramada Plaza is competitively priced with other hotels in the area and completed a cost analyst when putting our
room and restaurant prices together. I am also sorry that you found the swimming pool to be this biggest disappointed and that you will not be returning because of this. We can always work with such constructive comments to continually improve and deliver the fantastic and personal guest experiences for which we have become known. We hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel by giving you a far better experience next time. If I can be of any assistance with your next stay, please let me know.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have just come back from Dubai after staying at the Ramada for three nights. I must say that this hotel was excellent. The room was great, the food was lovely and the staff were brilliant. I need to give credit where it is due and the staff deserve my highest Credit, they were all very professional and appeared happy in their work taking the upmost pride in everything they were doing. I was more than happy staying at this hotel and well return again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank MrKarisma
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear RaymondWatson,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Residence and I have shared your compliments with the whole team. We would definitely love to see you back here again. Please contact us when you are planning your next visit and we will take care of any requests you may have.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

very nice & spacious apartments on the beach.. beach is very close but the view is not that good because this property is surrounded by high towers.. but our stay was very good..we enjoyed it.. we miss only the view from the rooms.

Room tip: see the room view first
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear anp_gyl,

Thank you for the lovely review of your stay with us. I am pleased your overall experience was such an enjoyable one. Please contact us directly at the hotel next time you are due to stay and we will ensure we allocate you a room overlooking the sea or the amazing view of Marina. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staffs and managers in the hotel is very amicable and attentive. Service is very efficient but could be a little more proactive with long or frequent customers. Food quality is reasonable at breakfast but can improve on the variety.
The wine selection in Speakeasy Bar is good but lack of variety in food selection. This is probably the first bar that does not serve Fish & Chips.
But some of the fixture in the room is getting old and need replacement. E.g. This trip the support handle in the bathtub totally came off the wall when I held it. The bathrooms TV Speaker is not working in some of the rooms.
Also the Speakeasy Bar is infested with bar flies. We complained about it in April but no improvement when we return in May.
I hope these issues would be rectified when I return in June.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Ice L,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your second stay with us. We have noted the highs and lows of this review, especially the lows, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please rest assured that we will carefully go through your comments to look into further improvement opportunities enhancing the overall guest experience. On top of that, I am very much happy that you will return in June for your third visit. May I kindly ask you to contact us prior to your next arrival at info@ramadaplazajbr.com and I will be delighted to look after your booking personally. I hope that next time we can meet and exceed your expectation.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Friendly and attentive staff for a speedy 1 am check in. Staff were on hand to answer all questions and were always polite and ready to assist. Executive room was spacious, well equipped and beyond expectations. The only negative was the small breakfast area in the Shores restaurant, that could become crowded at peak times. There was always something to eat, but the selection of foods was sometimes dissippointing. Overall a great hotel, with good facilities, in an excellent location close to The Walk. Would stay here again on my next trip to Dubai.

Room tip: A room facing the marina is a great view to wake up to
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alper Can B, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear ladyb30,

I was thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at what you have described as 'excellent hotel in a great location'. I have taken your points about your breakfast observation and rest assured that it has been passed on to our Food & Beverage Manager for further development. It was our pleasure to be your host and the team and I look forward to the opportunity of serving you again. Please do contact us for your next visit and we will be happy to assist you with your reservation.