“Without doubt the best hotel I have stayed at...”

Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Ranked #74 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 12 September 2012

As you'll gather from the title of my post, I was very pleased with my overall stay at the JCH.

From the service of the staff, right down to the amenities of the hotel - everything was excellent.
I must congratulate Jumeirah on their new hotel, the company should be very proud, in the manner to which all staff in the hotel conduct themselves. It seems nothing is to much to ask.

I would highly recommend a stay here. The rooms are spacious. Pool, bar and gym - modern. And location is pretty good too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cdickson20
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Creekside Hotel

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very large room and bathroom of high standard, excellent staff which are very friendly and quick to help. Very convenient location just a few minutes from the airport, yet there is no aircraft noise. I am told the creekside area is also good for leisure but unfortunately did not have time to check that out.

Nice rooftop pool and bar, again with great staff.

Hotel is not yet fully opened and there were some minor technical issues in the room, but they were swiftly dealt with and some complimentary goods were sent for the trouble.

In all a very good choice both for a temporary layover and longer business stays.

Room Tip: The room was close to the lobby area, and at times the lounge music could be slightly heard which ma...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Jumeirah Creekside Hotel on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us. It is very pleasing to read your positive comments and to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Minimalist design, to the point of starkness, is an acquired taste, particularly in gaudy Dubai, but the Creekside nearly gets the balance right. Our two adjoining superior rooms were comfortable and quiet. We took advantage of the 24 hour check in service, and had no problems getting into our room at 6.30 am! The only downside was no hot water on the morning of our early departure, which really put us off. Apparently, the problem was "outside the hotel's control" but still a bit surprising for a 5 star operation. Other than that, highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ozmum2011

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the design of the hotel and the services offered. I would like to extend my apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the unplanned hot water shutdown.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

i stayed in room 701 from 27.08 until 01.09, even thought i stayed in the hotel for 5 nights everytime when going up to my room i got a very strange "intense stare" from a security i think he was arabic (egyptian maybe) on one occasion when i was going back to my room from the lobby elevator he gave me the "stare" then approached me 0.5 meters away from my face and he asked" can I help you" I then replied no, he then asked "what is your room number" then I told him the number, he then nodded and backed off without saying anything, my friend was with me and I was quite embarrassed, he kept on staring at me and my guests throughout my stay it was clear that my room key had the electronic access to the elevator meaning that i am in-house.
other that this everything was good except the water in the shower fluctuated between hot and cold every 15 seconds, the room electronics were great, also they offer free soft drinks and movie rentals and xbox console which is great, reception staff was good and friendly, blue flame was very good. you can tell the hotel is very new and i am sure that it will become much better with time, but overall i really liked the hotel and will probably come back, i just hope that i will not get the Awkward "intense stare".
also if you book make sure u get quiet room my AC kept making alot of noise throught my sleep, the first room i got i heard hammering as soon as i entered so they changed my room. but overall its worth the money spent, roomservice was also very nice, with a huge menu.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hadi A
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Creekside Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our brand new hotel and service; your comments will serve as an added inspiration to maintain the standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We have addressed the shortcomings that you mentioned to ensure that they do not occur in the future. In addition, we have taken note of your observation about the security colleague, and rest assured that this is not indicative of what we wish for our guests to feel like.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I certainly look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Outstanding new hotel. No complaints. Service, staff, cleaning, value for money, access, comfort, and quality are impeccable.

Th hotel is new, and the hotel is going out of its way to build a name, to the extent that mini-fridge was complementary...

My only note is that the hotel was not full, yet our room did not have a good view. The room was very nice though, and we were tired, so we did not complain.

Room Tip: Request a lake view. I would think the higher the better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank EB1433

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your having chosen to stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your most recent stay and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Dubai.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We are a family of 4. Was planning to stat at Greekside Jumeirah hotel for 1 night since we are having our transit in Dubai. The Hotel  gave me very good impression at the beginning we was so impressed with the interiors; lobby and wonderful hospitality. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The room was having RMS (remote monitor system) it was very smart and fun or as I thought at that time!!  I've never thought at that moment I will be writing bad review at that time until the night came the worst nightmare happened!
We was staying at room 835 there was some guests with alot of kids around 5 maybe was staying in the room just in front of us was all the time running and shouting so I decide to ask them politely to be quite since they only book just the room not the hallway!
So they stopped and it was quite and we was just sleeping until the AC stopped! Then I got up the bed to open it and all the lights went on! My kids was sleeping I was terrified that they would wake up!
I on the AC since its 40 degree C and there is no way that any one will be sleeping in the Dubai with  no AC. After that it went off again after 15 minutes if no movement in the room!!! We called the service centre we was calm at first then send some one stupid enough not knowing how to fix that or change to manual mood. Then it's off and we keep calling then some one is coming until 2 am!! I was devastated, tiered, full of anger since I must was up at 5:30 am to catch a flight in the morning!! After having the maintenance staff for 6 times or so in our room I refuse to talk to duty manager just not to put my anger on him! So we barley sleeps and traveled so tiered because of that stupid system!! My advice to the hotel keep the AC out of the RMS if you are in Arabian gulf country!!! I don't recommend this hotel at all if you want to rest!! Just by kicking the blankets the lights goes on!!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Joojs d

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

I am sorry to read that the RMS was as dysfunctional as you described in your review, and disturbed your entire experience with us. I would like to express my personal apologies that you left the hotel feeling dissatisfied. From the detail in your comments, we were able to assess your name and your contact information. I hope that you don’t mind that I have asked one of my team members to contact you by email.

Please be assured we have taken appropriate action to remedy this shortcoming and to prevent this from happening in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed 6 night on Summer Flavour promotions in 2 connecting rooms in the first opening week of the JCH.

We arrived late in the evening from AD airport. Check in was fine. I had a discussion with reception staff about the obliged blocked amount on my creditcard. I think 400 euro’s a day above the roomprice was way too much considering breakfast and dinner was already in our room rate. After a while they agreed and only blocked an acceptable amount.
Great advantage of the hotel is the 24 hours check in/out facility. So we checked in at around 23.00 hours and checked out 6 days later at the same time (had a night flight from AD to KL).

The rooms are very state of the art, very modern, luxurious and have the most comfortable beds you can imagine BUT our first nights were rather disastrous:

The airco didn’t work properly during our first night. It stayed hot until the next evening.
My children’s room had some kind of router at their lower ceiling which blinked the whole night. It felt like a discotheque.
The telephone’s didn’t work, nor did our doorbells. The complimentary minibar and coffee bar were never refilled (we had to call for this from the bathroom because the telephones in both room didn’t work).
Brown water was coming out of the bidet, even after we had it running for a long time.
The first night we finally fell a sleep around 2.30AM just to be awakened before 8 AM by a loud knocking against our window…..a stale cable was hanging in front of our window and made a lot of noise the whole day.

We went to the reception to tell about our problems and one of the staffmembers made notes and felt very sorry about it and assured us there wouldn’t be any more workers outside our windows during our stay.She said she agreed privacy is the most important and all the problems would be solved asap……We received several phone calls from the duty manager but they never fixed anything until the 5th day.

We went to the Madinat and took the shuttle. You could believe it or not but the airco of the bus didn’t work so it was our first and last shuttle, took taxis all the other times. Later I heard from other guests the airco was fixed the same day so this was just us being unlucky….

Second night was a little better because the airco was working properly but none of the other problems were solved. I had to call maintainance again and had them coming in the middle of the night to let the router be moved more to the middle of the lower ceiling and put something against it, so the lightening wouldn’t be such a disturbance.
Every time anybody came to fix something they would rang the doorbell but this didn’t work (we told them all the time to knock) so we didn’t know there was somebody at the door, than they would give us a phone call but we had to run to the bathroom to answer the only working phone in both our rooms. It started to feel a little like Fawlty Towers.

Next day, we just came back from the Madinat and took a shower and I was really more than shocked to stand face to face with a worker at our window! I just could not believe the hotel assured me this wouldn’t happen again! I told management I totally understand this is the soft opening stage but at least they could send us a letter and inform us to keep the curtains closed if we want privacy because there were workers at the windows!

At this stage I began to think not to bother anymore and not make any more complaints because the only result would be: Oh I am very sorry, I will make sure it won’t happen again, I totally agree blahblahblah…..If I had to write a review at that moment I would rated the JCH 1 star but….

At our 5 night we received a handwritten apology from the hotel manager together with fruit and chocolats and the next day we met him. I must say this made a whole difference. I finally had the feeling the staff did take us seriously and somebody really listen to us. We were offered not to pay for our last night because of all our inconveniences. At last both our in-room phones and doorbells were working. Our last day was soooo much better than the first 5. I also like to make compliments to Mr. David Tavares (front office). He didn’t know about our problems until our last 2 days but he was very helpful during our stay and always went the extra mile where his colleagues already had given up by saying sorry but I can’t help you.

So we left the JCH with very mixed feelings to continue our holidays in Asia. On arrival in our hotel in Kuala Lumpur my creditcard was refused. Hmmm strange so I use another one. Later that evening I discovered my creditcard was blocked because JCH double charged our stay and this looked strange to my creditcard company. 2 rather big ,exactly the same amounts on 1 day. Oh my gosh…………Lucky for me I received the business card from the hotel manager so I could contact him in person. He solved this huge mistake immediately. Pfffffff……

What did we like in this hotel: if everything works the rooms are really great. We also love the breakfast in the Blue Flame. Wonderfull staff, great food and I like the fact they change the food every morning. They also have a station where you cannot only order eggs but also french toast, waffles etc. I would rate breakfast a 9+
Ofcourse the Madinat access is a big plus. Love to go there.

What we didn’t like? I really hope some of the staff members (reception and duty managers) get a better training. I can cope with the fact thing are not working properly during the soft opening but I can’t accept staff not acting properly, promising things they don’t follow up etc.
We didn’t like the Aviation pool (rooftop was still closed), constructions around but besides this it just didn’t felt like a relaxed pool. The manager told us this is going to change in the near future.

Would we recommend this hotel? Well if you dropped this question during our first days it would be a big no way! But I am trying to keep an open mind and thinking also about the good things and I honestly believe this hotel is going to be a great hotel. We like the location just next to the Irish village and it is close to the Mirdiff City Centre, Festival City and also not too far from the Dubai Mall. So despite our problems I do recommend this hotel. I rate this hotel 3 stars now because of our problems and the way these were handled at the start of our stay. If we didn’t had these problems it would be at least 4.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are more spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ciskey

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

We appreciate receiving guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve. It is of course with great concern that I have learnt your experience did not meet your expectations. I would sincerely like to apologize for the inconveniences you have faced during your time with us and after you departed. Rest assured that your feedback has been discussed with the team and your comments have been taken very seriously and addressed in order to deliver the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Jumeirah is renowned for.

I am happy to know that some aspects of the stay were positive, and I appreciate you highlighting those as well. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Creekside Hotel on your visit to Dubai booked in the new year, and hope that we will have an opportunity to redeem ourselves and to make that stay a great one.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I hope to meet you upon your return visit.

Best regards,