“Jumeirah Creekside - 2nd visit in 4 months!”

Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Ranked #80 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Well, choosing this hotel twice in 4 months really sums up how I feel about it:) The developments since we stayed very shortly after opening are clear to see. Nomad was closed then, now open and frankly Ruby is just the perfect manager to have in there, NOTHING is too much trouble.

Blue Flame restaurant in JCH is my favourite in Dubai, the food is first class and I must mention Teresa the Manager, so very professional yet great to chat with. My two children love it too and the blue candyfloss they gave us made it back to England on the plane to show friends!

We were lucky enough to be on the executive level this time in a fabulous corner suite, very big and spacious. The great breakfast in Nomad started the day off very well, but the afternoon and tea that just kept coming out to us in the lounge were amazing! Very pretty to look at,but it would have been rude not to eat them all! the chef is a great talent. I do have to give special mention to the lovely John in the lounge, such a brilliant member of staff and such a sweetie, although Myrtyl and Kate were both extremely good too.

This hotel is very beautiful to look at , i have said this before, but, it's the staff that make it. Klaus, Donald, Nicky and Sophie are world class standard, and yet again we can't thank you enough. We WILL be back :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear Guest

I am very much delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel for the second time around and that you were particularly pleased with the excellent service provided mainly by Ruby, Teresa, John, Mrytyl, Katie together with our Executives as well. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but will inspire them to continue providing the best service experience for all our guests and it will be a pleasure to share with them your kind compliments.

I sincerely appreciate as well that you have considered Blue Flame as your favorite restaurant in Dubai amongst the millions of restaurants available and glad that the kids were also happy with their candy floss that they’ve received. It gives me great pleasure to know that all our guests are happy and satisfied not just the adults but including kids as well.

It was a pleasure having you. I, along with the entire team look forward in having you and your family back here at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel hopefully in the near future.

Once again thank you for taking the time posting your experience at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I have travelled around the world and stayed at many 5 stars hotel but let me tell you this hotel is one of the best i have ever been in. Every little detail is taken care of. From an awesome welcome treat to being given a free mini bar this hotel has everything a guest would need. The room service is extremely efficient.Every luxury that a person would need starting with expresso machines to ipod docks to every other details has been looked after and the price is great too for what it offers.Definitely gonna recommend this.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your overwhelming feedback and sharing your experience on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel had been a wonderful experience and for complementing us as one of the best 5 star hotel that you’ve stayed at. I also appreciate you highlighting the exceptional facilities and customer service provided particularly by our room service team.

Once again thank you for your wonderful remarks and for recommending us on trip advisor.

I, on behalf of the entire team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed in a triple room here for 10 nights in November knowing that the hotel is new
When we arrived very late at night and went to check in we paid the full amount up front for all the 10 days and agreed that they will block our credit with 500d per day of stay
The waiter come with apple juice and then someone took us to our room. We booked a Deluxe room so we can have the Panoramic (as per their website) views of the Dubai city
When we enter the room we all very much liked it so we were quite happy until I open the curtains of the room to see that I have no city view I advised the gentlemen that the room I have book is a room with panoramic city views and not views from the emirates parking station but he was keep saying to me no no that city views ??? it was around 3 in the morning so I said ok that city view and I am going to deal with it tomorrow morning . in the morning we wake up went down to the reception and ask for the manager the receptionist there ask me If there is something she can help with I did explained to her the problem and she advise me that the parking lot of emirates is what they mean when they say Panoramic views(?????) after showing her their website and my booking (thru their website) she said please wait for one minute went behind a door and then came back apologizing and advising me that nothing else is available for that day but I could move to the room I have already book and pay the day after , they also advise me that they will arrange a deluxe xl room so they can apologize for the mistake we agreed and when back to our room to have breakfast . the other day we moved to the other room that was the same with our but with city views as promised , so we thought that the end of the mistake and we can enjoy the hotel as we are doing work in Dubai . before we arrived I send an email to the hotel to confirm if there is still construction work they advise me that the constriction work is finished but they are re-making the club but this is not noise at all . the next day from the day we moved we had to go to Abu Dhabi for a meeting so we had to wake up very early in the morning (5am so Greek time 3am ) we went there finish what we had to do so we come back in the hotel around 15.30 to have a nap so we will be able to continue our day as soon as we fall to sleep (we were in the 5th floor) some people start drilling we thought it would last for few minutes and waited waited after 30 munities we call the reception asking when is the drilling is going to stop they advise me that the construction work finish at 18.00 and ask me is if the drilling is bothering us (really ?) after about 15 munities they stopped so we could sleep. The other day in the morning at 6.45 in the morning they started hammering really really loud I called the reception and ask for the manager again he was not available I advise the lady in the phone that it is 6.45 and there is hammering next to our room so she said yes I know is 6.45 I will check if I can stop them 15 munities later the hammering stopped but no one was is the mood to sleep anymore . from the 5th day and after there was a problem with the shower you go in turn on the water and the waters temperature start going up and down with you touching nothing making it impossible to take a shower (that lasted for the 5 last days so no shower for the 5 days ? ?) the water coming out when you were turning on the hot water was brown .after calling the reception they advised me that someone will come and fix it but nothing happen . so We paid in total more than 2600euro in this hotel and could not sleep or take a shower . all 10 days we were there no one called to apologize for all this that was happening. If we had an apologize the review would be deferent . I am usually trying to be less judging with my reviews (check my profile) but this is a very big deal when you know that your guest is having this kind of problems one apologies is not the end of the world . I asked for the manager more than 5 times and I was never able to talk to him

The room is nice and the shower looks nice if you manage to take a shower there is a valet parking which was handy the hotel is next to the Irish village that we really mach enjoyed.

we have to be back in Dubai in a couple of months but I don’t think we will choose the same hotel after this kind of treatment .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ANGELA,GREECE
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review of your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate all forms of feedback as it is through those comments that we are able to continuously improve. It is of course with great concern that I learnt that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please do accept my personal apologies for the inconvenienced caused and rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the rest of my team for remedial improvement. I hope that you will regard this experience as an exception rather than the norm, and not a reflection of the service that Jumeirah is renowned for. With this in mind, I hope to welcome you back soon and give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

When I pulled up to the hotel, I said "Uh-Ohhh". Located near the airport, in a rather industrial-aviation area, I expected a warmed over Motel 6. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Staff at checkin and in the eateries are quite smooth and pleasant. Food menu is modern and varied, and is prepared expertly (for a hotel venue). Bar areas are separate and bartenders are trained. Rooms are fresh and new. On the whole, an upbeat experience. The hotel is away from any place you will want to visit, but a shuttle promises service to the malls and business district. Price was reasonable.

A few caveats:
The door latches are unacceptable by international standards. If you deadbolt your door, it will not open by turning the primary handel only. Should you open the deadbolt, it locks out the door latch from locking at all. This is easy to do, and allows anyone to simply push your door open....

Secondly, the throw rugs in the nice rooms have no "Tacky" on the back, and the rugs slip easily and can cause you to fall on the tile...

Other than that, a nice place to visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for very much for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

I sincerely appreciate that you’ve taken the time to share your personal experience from your visit with us and that you have highlighted so many positive elements in such a detailed way. I am very pleased to know that you found our hotel customer service, facilities and food and beverage of excellent standards.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the door latches and the throw rugs in the room and will definitely take this on board and discuss with the relevant department heads.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

As part of a large cohort of guests in Dubai for an event - I was very impressed by all aspects of the hotel. From the modern but individual touches in the rooms, to the excellent service which was met at every opportunity. As with any new venue you expect some teething issues but any slight problems were dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

Overall I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel, particularly as hotels on this side of town have felt dated but no longer!

Special thanks to Arjun the events manager at the hotel - he is a credit to the organisation.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that your most recent experience with us exceeded your expectations and that you have highly recommended Jumeirah Creekside Hotel on Trip advisor.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the high level of customer service exemplified by our colleagues particularly Arjun. I have shared your comments with the entire team and they all are equally happy to hear that their efforts are so well recognized.

It was a pleasure looking after you and looking forward to having you back at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

For the first time I stayed at Jumeirah Creekside - Honestly i was very wary initially when i was booked there especially since I mostly am unadventurous when it comes to hotels. However I had a pleasant experience - the staff are extremely welcoming - the hotel is well situated but still new to many even in Dubai.
The rooms are large and extremely comfortable - the restaurants are a bit of a disappointment though. The breakfast spread is nothing great and there is a very limited choice of restaurants. . I guess the hotel needs more time to settle down -

Room Tip: Choose for a room facing the creekside
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip advisor.

I sincerely appreciate that you have chosen us amongst all of the hotels available in Dubai and that I am very pleased to read that we have not failed you in terms of the high customer service provided by our colleagues and that your room lived up to your expectations.

All guest comments are valuable to us therefore I have taken into account your comment regarding the limited choices of restaurant as well as the breakfast spread .Rest assured that we will look into this to ensure that we will make all our guest happy during their stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you once again for posting your feedback on Trip advisor.

Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

Had a 48 hour stopover and booked this hotel, as it was ideal location to the airport, no more then 10 minutes. Didn't think I would be able to see much, yet explore from the city from here, boy was I wrong.
Train station only a 10 minute walk away and from there the city is your oyster.
The hotel has large rooms with excellent facilities, more then 80 channels on the TV (majority in Arabic but that is expected) and a great roof top pool/ bar area were you can have some drinks and watch the sunset over Dubai before heading out.
Staff are very friendly and attend to yours needs, whether it is ordering a taxi or organising a free transfer to wild wadi water park.
The old city/ souk is only 15 minutes away in a taxi which cost $4aud. An all day pass, in gold section in train/metro is only $7.70aud.
Great hotel, fantastic drinks list at the bar.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank FamigliaLaBella
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time posting a great review during your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and hope that you had a safe return journey.

I am glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you have stressed the high quality of service that our colleagues have provided as well as our facilities. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with them as they will no doubt be delighted to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I was also pleased to read that you were also happy with the proximity and the accessibility of the hotel to the other popular destinations.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.