The hotel is a super modern art deco design with art works sprinkled throughout the hotel serving as functional decoration. I dare you to look at the bedside table lamp and not think of the alien in the movie "Dreamcatcher", this and other little things that made the hotel itself interesting for us. I am convinced that the rooms are somehow interlinked with the elevators because every time we left the room there would be an elevator either waiting or it would be there within 15 seconds when you get to the elevator lobby.
The lay- of the rooms is non traditional but is very functional, we liked it a lot but the stark modern designs may not be to every individuals liking. We were offered free day passes to their other properties that includes the Wild Wadi, which is a bargain when you consider that they offer a free shuttle service that will drop you off and pick you up for free as part of the deal.
Breakfast is typical Dubai style 5 star buffet with no surprises. When we booked online we took the option of free Wi-Fi and buffet breakfast included, which to us seemed like a fair deal. Sundowners next to the roof pool bar is a must. their prices wasn't too unreasonable either.
The tennis stadium and Irish Village is situated right next door and the Festival City, City Centre Mall is barely 5 minutes down the road by taxi. Getting to and from the airport is less than 5 minutes even in peek hour. Very convenient if you plan to be on this side of town most of the time
Two things to consider when you book or stay at the Jumeira Creekside.
- The music from the Irish Village can be loud over weekends if you planned on getting to bed early, ask for a room on the Creek side that may be a bit quieter. It didn't bother us but it was noticeable.
- When using the hotel taxi (very plush Lexus), make sure that the meter is turned on before leaving the hotel to avoid uncomfortable "discussions" at the end of your trip.
We had a very unfortunate experience involving blocked funds and additional charges that was not ours that took 9 days to be resolved. Thank you again to Anne who stepped in and helped to get things resolved once it reached the point of ridiculous. The staff overall was very professional and it is a rare treat to deal with staff that is well trained and who enjoy what they are doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Dubai, just moments away from the international airport, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is a contemporary lifestyle destination and feautres a dedicated Arts and Cultural Program.Set amongst verdant green grounds, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel seamlessly fuses the grace of a distinguished country club with all the luxuries of a modern city hotel. Jumeirah Creekside Hotel distills the heritage of Dubai’s Creek with the distinct flair of Jumeirah’s high standards in luxury and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jumeirah International, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jumeirah Creekside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.