“Relaxing super modern hotel conveniently located”

Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Ranked #75 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is a super modern art deco design with art works sprinkled throughout the hotel serving as functional decoration. I dare you to look at the bedside table lamp and not think of the alien in the movie "Dreamcatcher", this and other little things that made the hotel itself interesting for us. I am convinced that the rooms are somehow interlinked with the elevators because every time we left the room there would be an elevator either waiting or it would be there within 15 seconds when you get to the elevator lobby.

The lay- of the rooms is non traditional but is very functional, we liked it a lot but the stark modern designs may not be to every individuals liking. We were offered free day passes to their other properties that includes the Wild Wadi, which is a bargain when you consider that they offer a free shuttle service that will drop you off and pick you up for free as part of the deal.
Breakfast is typical Dubai style 5 star buffet with no surprises. When we booked online we took the option of free Wi-Fi and buffet breakfast included, which to us seemed like a fair deal. Sundowners next to the roof pool bar is a must. their prices wasn't too unreasonable either.

The tennis stadium and Irish Village is situated right next door and the Festival City, City Centre Mall is barely 5 minutes down the road by taxi. Getting to and from the airport is less than 5 minutes even in peek hour. Very convenient if you plan to be on this side of town most of the time

Two things to consider when you book or stay at the Jumeira Creekside.
- The music from the Irish Village can be loud over weekends if you planned on getting to bed early, ask for a room on the Creek side that may be a bit quieter. It didn't bother us but it was noticeable.
- When using the hotel taxi (very plush Lexus), make sure that the meter is turned on before leaving the hotel to avoid uncomfortable "discussions" at the end of your trip.

We had a very unfortunate experience involving blocked funds and additional charges that was not ours that took 9 days to be resolved. Thank you again to Anne who stepped in and helped to get things resolved once it reached the point of ridiculous. The staff overall was very professional and it is a rare treat to deal with staff that is well trained and who enjoy what they are doing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Irish Village side can be noisy over weekends.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location of our hotel very convenient. I am also happy to hear that you consider the modern design of the hotel not only very interesting but also functional.

Thank you for your warm acknowledgement of the high level of customer service provided by our team of incredible colleagues. Furthermore, I am grateful to you for highlighting the efficient service delivered by Anna, our Front Office Manager, it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests.

I also appreciate you bringing the issues that you have experienced to my attention. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the miscommunication which led to settling the charges with your personal card. Rest assured that I have shared with my senior leadership your comments and email correspondence, so as to ensure that they are not repeated in future. I truly hope you will regard this experience as an isolated case rather than the norm and not a representation of the high standards we strive to achieve.

Despite the misgivings you have mentioned, we hope that these will not hinder you from coming back to our property in the nearest future as we all look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Creekside Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just got back from a workshop held at this hotel , also stayed there for couple of nights.
When I think of it, the matrix of location, facilities and price could have been a very good match BUT IT DID NOT.

We have waited 50 minutes for a basket of ice, break service at workshop barely overseen by a person in charge, laundry delivery time has forgotten by 6 hours and when contacted " The colleague on the way" took another good 40 minutes.

Polite but amature staff at reception who by mistake give away the already checked in huest room to another guest after 30 minutes, Hall dedicated to corporate lunch still occupied by another company ( our people had to go back 2 times to the hall and finally landed in an unprepared restaurant), restaurant billing system shut down one night and could not accept any guest....the examples are more than a few and show inconsistency in managment of service.

Agaian, let me emphasize, very friendly and polite staff who lack a strong manager, unfortunately a bad impression for me and my colleagues at first visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

First, we thank you for your sharing with us your experience and observations following to your recent stay at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

As we aim to provide a comfortable and relaxing stay to our every guest and customer service is our top priority, I regret to note that the high occupancy of the hotel did not allow us to guarantee the satisfaction that you have expected and I would like to offer you my most sincere personal apologies for that.

We are not always perfect but we do strive for excellence, so the points you have raised will be closely considered and revisited, with the appropriate actions taken, to ensure we continue our pursuit of those closely held goals.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that these incidents will not deter you from visiting Jumeirah Creekside Hotel in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality the hotel is renowned for.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed at the Creek whilst attending GITEX expo. Fantastic, arrived at 1.30am to find they had upgraded me to a room that could double as a changing room for a rugby team! Being only 5mins from the airport you were there in no time. Far enough away from the expo centre to take you away from the madding crowds and the gym and pool were great to set you up for a day on an exhibition stand.
Breakfast was palatial, service excellent and could not recommend it enough for a business stay. Merits the 5*.
My only niggle - the cold/hot shower control was not good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your complimenting review of your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and thank you for recommending our hotel for business travelers.

It is indeed gratifying to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the service provided by our colleagues. I am also happy to hear that you have enjoyed our Gym in the Aviation Club, the pool and the breakfast at Nomad Restaurant.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the water temperature and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused to you during your stay. You will be pleased to note that we will strive to work on the improvement point that you have kindly highlighted in order for us to ensure that we deliver the best service possible to our guests.

Once again thank you for your wonderful remarks and for recommending us on Trip Advisor. I, on behalf of the entire team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

New facility with chic/hip decor. Very convenient location near airport and emirates training college. Nomad (restaurant) offers a varied menu with nice ambiance. The rooms are state of the art with amenities/facilities. Modern and comfortable.

Room Tip: Unless you wish to wake up with a 5am call to prayer, you should ask for a room that doesn't fac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel and for your kind acknowledgement of our exquisite facilities, culinary fare, unique design and location of our hotel.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel. The first time we stayed (December 2012) we found the staff to be a bit cold/stuffy. However the reception we received this time was much better, all staff we spoke to were so much more friendlier and helpful.

We love the modern features of this hotel, spacious rooms, in-room technology and good wifi connection. The beach passes and wild waddi access are a great little bonus, although we didn't use either during our most recent visit.

One issue was the availability of the free shuttle bus, the 10am shuttle bus was oversubscribed and they offered no alternative to those of us who didn't make it on, other than waiting over an hour for the next bus.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Creekside Hotel might be sitting on the lower end of Jumeirah Hotel Chain. Jumeirah Group of hotels maintains high level of hospitality and staying in their hotels is never a wrong choice. My experience with Jumeirah Creekside Hotel was not very pleasant, as I was expecting to be welcomed with the high-standards of Jumeirah. Part of my negative observations is when I had to use the computer in the business center. When I went back home I realized that my USB flash-memory drive was infected with Trojan Virus. I lost all the files on the memory-disk. This is my own experience and I hope it does not affect other guests.
The hotel is built with an “odd” interior modern design. So, the walls in the lobby and corridors are covered with what look like concrete blocks (like there is no wall-paint). I did not like this idea. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was very good with extensive selection. Although the restaurant was big enough, we had to wait for some time for an unoccupied table.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding your experience when you stayed with us and we do appreciate that you brought to our attention the issues you have encountered that made you feel this way.

I can understand your frustration and I would like to assure you that the issue highlighted in your constructive feedback has been seriously taken into consideration by us, to ensure adequate actions would be taken to avoid such incidents in the future and deliver the best in service and products, as you expect from a Jumeirah Hotel.

Despite the misgivings you have mentioned, we hope that these will not hinder you from coming back to our property in the nearest future as we all look forward to welcoming you back and redeem ourselves on the next occasion.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for 5 days in October and had a great holiday again. We were offered an upgrade to a premier room and breakfast for a small supplement each day which was greatly appreciated as we had something different to look at this time. The premier rooms are nice and big with views towards the city and creek ( and 16 lanes of road which did sometimes get a little noisy) and had bathrooms with the bath open to the room. A few little things missing from the bathroom which would have made it great ( hot water one morning, somewhere to put toiletries beside the bath and a drying line for swimwear). The lighting system is over complicated - gave up counting the number of light bulbs in the room resulting in a disco effect when trying to go to sleep at night!

The rest of the room was great - modern, nothing at right angles to anything, great cupboard space and hair drying area, free soft drinks mini bar, lovely comfy beds and an Arabic looking door above the bed as a feature.

We used the beach access at Mina Salam hotel a few times which is a big plus ( but check before booking how many days you would be entitled to use if staying here for a holiday - too many sources tell you different things) and the shuttle bus timetable was more frequent this year which was a bit better. Taxis back and forth are reasonable but we found we had to wait ages to get one back late afternoon. This may have just been due to the holiday week though.

Ate once in the main Nomad restaurant for dinner and this was very good . Just a choice of menu. No buffet when we ate. The staff here were very nice. Breakfast in the Nomad restaurant was good. It contained everything I like for a breakfast and was always very quiet early each day when we went. Lunch around the pool was a bit of a let down.

The main pool at the aviation club is fine. It's good having the duck pond and Irish village surrounding this as it's somewhere to go to without having to find transport. Tried food in the Irish village (ok) and nearby TGI Fridays ( would not rush back).

Spent a nice few hours on the rooftop pool at Cuba chilling there. There are only about 6 or 7 sunbeds here so it's lovely and quiet for adults.

The hotel were very helpful at accommodating all requests we had during our stay and all the staff were very welcoming to us. This hotel ticked all the boxes for a short, luxurious but reasonably priced stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple