“Comfortable...Typical 4-Star” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Seattle, Washington
“Comfortable...Typical 4-Star”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

As part of the Jumeirah family of hotels, this would be considered a runt - if one considers the Burj Al Arab is its older brother.

Amenities: Large rooms with comfortable beds. Very modern, angular style of architecture. However, for me, the architecture sacrificed warmth in exchange for this modernity. Dining area was large with nice selection of local and western foods, though service was slow at times. Part of the dining area was outdoors which was nice.

There had been numerous reviews noting problems with water pressure and hot water. I exchanged several concerned emails with the staff prior to my arrival. Apparently, these were design issues in the plumbing and was in the process of being rectified. This was NOT an issue during my stay in December 2013...had plenty of hot water and water pressure. Per the front desk manager, the entire problem should have been resolved by March/April 2014.

Service: Typical as one would expect in a luxury level hotel. Kudos to the concierge desk, particularly Jossy Mangwi ,who was so helpful with helping to set up the overnight Safari before my arrival, and for her welcoming demeanor and winning smile when we met in person.

Location: 5-minute walk to the Irish Village and Tennis Center. So, perfect location if you are here for the Dubai Tennis tournament. A metro station is about 10-minute walk and can get you to the Dubai Mall and Burj Kalifa in a few stops.

Tip: One nice perk is the complimentary day pass to its sister hotel the Jumeirah Madinat Hotel. This glorious 5-star hotel has a private beach that is adjacent to the Burj al Arab. It's a lovely way to spend the day.

If you want to see the interior of Burj Al Arab, you need to make reservations at least 3 days prior.

Summary: I stayed here for two nights - before my flight back to the USA. I chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport.

Overall, it was a lukewarm experience - all the amenities one would expect from a hotel of this caliber but nothing really stood out as being exceptional, which contrasts my experience at the XVA Art Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

We are pleased to know that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the convenient location, the complimentary access to the beach and our Nomad Restaurant.

Thank you for recognizing Jossie who impressed you with her attention and professionalism. My colleagues take great pride in providing exceptional service and it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Charles E M Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I went with my mum for my 40th birthday reached hotel at 2am as it was a late flight reaching at hotel I just wanted to go to sleep but reception staff was demanding 200 dhirams for the tax I did not have enough dhirams as I only exchanged a small amount I gave them 50 and explained il give the rest once I exchange my pounds by morning they were constantly calling my room demanding the remainder 150 the water was freezing unable to have a shower . I went to exchange paid the remainder by evening they were calling again demanding the money I explained I'd already paid used the bus shuttle service to go dubai mall on return no bus on schedule given It said 7 pm my mums feet were swollen due to her health had to pay for taxi back I complained to Mohammed the manager who wasn't bothered and didn't seem to care the water was leaking in bathroom in second room mum nearly slipped and fell again I had to call reception after waiting an hour no one came to see to it or called so I went to reception explain ed the issue again and was told they would have to change the room but not sure wen available ? We went out by the evening after asking reception and waiting another 45 minutes our room was changed on my room card they had written mr instead of ms which was also poor English and customer service this room was also no hot water after 2 days changed room for third time the water was hot finally I thought I could relax no toileteries or drinks in mini bar

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank tahira j
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very comfortable room. Excellent service from all staff encountered.

Simple to get a taxi to other parts of Dubai.

Splendid breakfast. Didn't eat there otherwise. Nearby restaurants, including Irish Village, good.

Nice pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is located close to the airport and is very well connected to the rest of the city. During my stay for 3 days for a Business conference I had a excellent time and quality comfort.

I would highly recommend it for Business travels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for recommending the hotel for business travelers.

On behalf of the entire team, I do hope to see you back with us very soon.

Schlieren, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Location: It is definitely a Business spot - very Close to the Airport, Old Town and the Dubai Shopping Mall.
Room: We were in the Club Superior Room, where the Lounge is included, WiFi and Breakfast. The layout of the Room is Special, but not outstanding. I was very surprised reading that the Hotel is only 2 years old, as the furniture have lots of scratches and don't look new.
Jumeirah: It is nice, that the other Jumeirah Hotels are accessible, that's why we have Chosen this Hotel, less expensive. I stayed at the Madinat (by far the best Option) as well as the Jumeirah Beach (second). For me this Hotel si as a Tourist the worst. Too far away from many good rated Restaurants (Tripadvsor !). The Swimming pool area is absolutely nothing Special, but defnitiely not crowded.
Lounge: Besides Softdrinks during the day, there is not much to be consumed. The personnel working there is disinterested and you have to call them.
Personnel: The personnel at the reception is very polite, but they don't know what they're doing - starring at the Computer, you can tell, they don't have lots of skills (I'm Business wise as well as privately a frequent traveller). The Options they offer are nice, but the handling needs improvement (20 min for a check out and all Information is too long and then we received a wrong and overcharging bill...).

For us it was the first and last time here in this Jumeirah, I definitely prefer the Madinat (unfortunately early booked out at certain times).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ursula M
Jumeirah C, General Manager at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am of course most concerned to learn that your experience fell below the high standards we strive to achieve and I would like to offer you my most sincere personal apologies that you were left to feel disappointed. Rest assured your feedback has been discussed with the relevant managers to focus on these areas, to ensure we deliver the best in service and products which you have come to expect from a Jumeirah Hotel.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that these incidents will not deter you from visiting Jumeirah Creekside Hotel in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality the hotel is renowned for.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We really enjoyed the stay. We were upgraded to a comfortable suite. Some interesting books were kept for reading. The light controls and curtains are fully automated.
My kids had enjoyed the stay. Even the cold-drinks in the mini-bar were complimentary. Had a great time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Jumeirah Creekside Hotel!

We are delighted to learn that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us last year, highlighting the room features.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

U.K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and daughter and I stayed at this lovely hotel for 5 nights from 20th April

I had good communication with the hotel prior to our stay relating to the fact that we were celebrating my daughters 21st birthday.

The hotel gave her a very nice card and also a lovely surprise of a cake decorated with the Facebook theme as i follow the hotels Facebook page. Such a lovely gesture from the hotel.

This hotel has a sports club attached which hotel guests get free membership of for their stay. This is a bonus if you enjoy the gym or tennis, and if you like to take part in fitness classes then this is for you..all at no extra cost !

Locally, there is the Irish Village pub, which is very popular at night with live music and drinks at slightly cheaper prices. We used this just once,and it draws an English Ex-pat crowd.
Behind that is Century Village which is basically a restaurant complex offering a variety of dining options. All very handy of you don't feel like venturing further afield. Just around the corner from the hotel, are Lebanese and Japanese restaurants, Chillis and TGI's, along with Carribou Coffee house.

The hotel has a good pool area with plenty of sunbeds, We ate in the Nomad restaurant where we had a BBQ table where we cooked our own meat and fish at our table. Breakfast is take in Nomad, and the choice of food is good, with eggs cooked however you want them.

We had a Deluxe room, which offers a free soft drinks mini bar, the most comfortable bed and pillows ever. A nice touch is that at around 5-8pm, a trolley is brought round to each door offering nuts, crisps, cheese and biscuits, dates and cakes, for you to enjoy as a snack before going out .

The very best area of the hotel is Cu-ba, the adults only roof top bar with pool. Open from lunchtime, you can sit and sunbathe,swim, enjoy a drink and interesting food if you wish. Once the sun goes down, Cu-ba becomes trendy night spot, where the views are amazing. Happy hour is from 6-8om and Tuesdays , ladies get 3 free drinks.

This hotel has trained their staff to deliver first class customer service. Reception, Concierge, room staff, Nomad, pool , door and Cu-ba staff were ALL extremely polite, respectful, and attentive at all times . They were outstanding .

Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable. We will certainly be staying with you again.

The best part of the

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rumbaliz
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your overwhelming feedback and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Firstly, we were really happy that you have chosen to celebrate such a special occasion with us and pleased to know that we have met your expectations and made an impact during your stay. Your complimentary remarks were definitely a delight to read. My colleagues take great pride in providing exceptional service and it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests. It is from your feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence.

Secondly, thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay: the convenient location, exceptional facilities and culinary fare. It is indeed heartwarming to have such wonderful comments from you.

I am also delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories.