“Fantastic Stay”

Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Ranked #80 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband were visiting Dubai recently visiting our daughter who lives in Dubai and had booked into the Jumeirah Creekside hotel. The hotel was amazing fantastic choice of restaurents to choose from . Our room was really nice with lovley views and all the staff in the hotel were excellent and extremly helpful, especially Andrew Ashley head of engineering he was extremley welcoming to us and gave us a tour of the hotel on our first morning he really welcomed us to the hotel and we enjoyed chatting with him each day he made our stay a more personable experience . He also organised tickets to a private beach in front of the burj al arab .. if you read this Andrew thanks you once again on behalf of myself and my husband for making our stay with the hotel so plesant.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone rooms have all top facilities very good wifi , close to the airport and also the metro.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah D

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of April 2014 and I can highly recommend the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.
Location is superb, close to airport and easy to go anywhere either by taxi or Metro (GGICO station).

Arrived at 3 am due to a very delayed flight but check was swift and we were welcomed by a refreshing drink and cool towel.
The room was a "Premier King" (546), a corner room facing the Creek. Amazing large corner room and superb view (it is worth getting up for a sunrise - windows are very clean!).
Huge bed, separate designer (?) bathtub, walk-in rain shower. Great bathroom amenities.

Breakfast is too die for, an absolute must. Forget the scrambled eggs which are on display, they were luke warm every day, ask the chef to prepare you some at the cooking station.
Many choices of breads, cakes, pastries, arabic bread etc. Fresh fruits, juices and hot dishes (try the dim sums!!). In other words, yummy!

The pool was nice, not too crowded and nice big loungers if you are on a romantic trip ;-)

Irish village: not for us but we did not find it very noisy as mentioned in previous reviews!!! Highly exaggerated so do not see this as an issue to stay at the JCH.

A must: Cu-Ba at the top of the hotel! Great bar, a must for a sundowner (and also happy hour!), superb view over Dubai. Great service also during daytime when we used the pool.
I felt like a queen on the lounge bed sipping from my mojito!

Why I am not giving them a 5 star rating?
The hot water in the bathroom is an absolute turn off! We stayed for 3 nights and I did not have a proper shower due to this. It is ridiculous. I complained the 3rd (was fed up with it!), also about a non working light bulb in the shower. Light bulb was not changed and I do hope that the hot water issues will be solved for future guests.
The so called "amenity trolley" is a big laugh, nobody (well, usually nobody) is in their room between 6 and 8 pm so they can choose from some fruits and .....?
Leave a little chocolate with turndown service and a little fruit bowl in the room please ......
Minibar not stocked daily and coffee capsules left to drink are ....... 2, each day, for 2 persons. Please, leave at least 4, some people like to drink more than 1 cup when waking up.
Amenities in bathroom are nice but also here limited stock. What is it with hotels these days that you have to ask for some extra bath gel? One little bottle per day, for 2? Quickly solved this with the room attendant and he left some extra every day.
Turndown service was great but on the last night (when I complained about the hot water) it was only done for one person while we had been staying with 2 for the past nights?
Also received a lovely apology card because of the shower issue but only addressed to my husband while I complained and we previously received some nice pastries because of a special celebration?
It seems that the communication between reception and housekeeping is ....... zero.

Pro's:
* location
* service from staff (yes, always greeted with a smile)
* room location
* good value
* breakfast
* Cu-Ba bar and it's "no kids allowed" pool :-)

Con's:
* hot water issues (!!)
* the so called "amenity" trolley
* complicated "not necessary" lighting via a via a switch board
* communication between reception and housekeeping

After staying in quite a few 5* hotels in Dubai, we were charmed by the JCH and will certainly return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the Creek, well worth it (no traffic noise from highway!)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TTWoman
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Visited this fabulous restaurant this evening.Staff exceptional especially Teresa who went out of her way to ensure our swift return to Zabeel SarayWould highly recommend this restaurant on all aspects-food excellent,service second to none.Will definately return next time we visit Dubai.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had a couple of nights here and found it a very modern and well appointed property, with excellent junior suites. The pool is great for swimming properly and the gym is excellent.

The only let down here is the food. A number of us ate in their Nomad restaurant. The service was so slow and the food appalling. We refused to pay for all main courses. I ordered breakfast in my room, which was late. We then experienced very slow service of a sandwich in their lounge. Eat elsewhere. To top it all, I ordered a beer in the bar on the roof, and they split it all over my trousers!

Very convenient for the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The service and staff in this hotel are all exceptional from the room service, housekeeping/ laundry to the poolside service, the Food & beverages team, the front desk and concierge.They are all very well trained and motivated to provide great service. The hotel is very comfortable and was in a great location next to the tennis stadium & Irish Village restaurants. also very convenient and close to the airport.The hotel is ultra modern with free W iFI ( a big advantage) and the ability to access and use other Jumeriah group hotels is also a big plus.We stayed 8 nights but could have easily and would have loved to stayed longer.

Room Tip: Request poolside or Creekside rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

An excellent establishment. Well managed and really deserving the stars. I would like to especially make a mention of Mr Hassan at the reception. He is doing a marvellous job. The breakfast itself was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms from 30 to to 40 on each floor if you prefer peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zafar I
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent hotel close to the airport. I arrived at 6.00 am, the reception had no problem with booking me in at this time.
Staff very attentative and courteous at all times . Especially Nabin and John.
Hotel is slightly away from the centre of the action. But the taxi to downtown was on £5.00.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo