“Good place to stop!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Barbados
“Good place to stop!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Friendly efficient service quite trendy. Had a good lunch, good choice of menu.Conveniently placed on the Walk in Dubai.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BarbadosJaguar

Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sandwich and Shake house! This is a must attend restaurant at JBR Walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I attended this restaurant after we attended the beach at JBR Walk in April 2012. We went in an out of few restaurants/cafes to look at their menu’s before we settled at this one.

The inside was amazing with cool light coloured walls and multi-coloured furniture, it had nice soothing feel to it hard to describe but similar to being wrapped in wool (or maybe am just weird  ), they seem to have the best Ice creams and just looking at them makes you want to try some.
Although the inside is well decorated with Air Conditioning and nice table and chairs we chose to sit outside at the rear as it was nice an warm outside, This over looked the beach area and a car park which was ok, The seating was nice and comfortable with big table umbrellas creating a nice shade. We had Steaks sandwiches and Chocolate split shakes. It’s one of the best meals I have had in Dubai. The menu is a little pricey for one meal (Steak Sandwich & shake) was about £10 but was well presented with chips an salads/coleslaw and was filling (big portion I finished mines but others with me didn’t).

The staff was friendly and attentive and the food was brought out in timely fashion, We came back a few days later to have the same food and this time we attended late evening and were offered Shisha it was really busy with locals and tourists leaving a good atmosphere. I recommended anyone who is in JBR to check this place out. Especially if you like your shakes or strawberry flavoured Red bull. I will return again anytime.

I don’t think there was any negatives for me apart from the location being little pricey for UK standard (You can get the same things half the price back home) and to get free shisha you have to spend over certain amount which was ok for us as were family of three and the bill was high enough.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“No not again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I should have checked the reviews. Food was not that great service was ok.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Phil M
Michigan
“Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We just happened into this place one a Thursday night and were pleasantly surprised. The decor kind of reminds of an artsy Greek cafe: white, curved walls, splashes of bright color. The food was healthy and well-prepared: we had a quinoa salad, rocca salad, and a chicken dish and all three were delicious and healthy. The manager was very helpful and told us that the menu changes seasonally which is good to know. All in all, it was a nice experience.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank libbyglee
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice location, shame about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

The restaurant has a catchy name and decor andhaving driven by it many times, I had been looking forward to finally trying it out. The location is excellent, on the The Walk and although it faces a parking lot, the sea and beach in the distance make up for it.

We ordered a big weekend breakfast and I was apalled to find that they want to charge me extra for the little satchet of jam with the breakfast (comprising toast, croissants, eggs, juice etc). Talk about nickel and diming your customers! Being in the industry myself, I thought I would speak with a manager who would surely sort this out given that we had placed a substantial order. It was not the few extra dirhams but the principle of it that irked.

Alas, the rude and hugely self-important young south african 'manager' was no help at all. He managed to turn a situation where we simply wanted to register our surprise to one where his rude "take it or leave it - this is how we do it" attitude left us upset and caused us to make a mental note to never return. Shame because the venue and menu were really nice.

• Visited November 2011