“Very poor customer service”
Review of Melia Dubai Hotel

Melia Dubai Hotel
Ranked #96 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Very poor customer service”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hotel management treated a very serious issue I had with no concern for my treatment. The matter was simply brushed aside, but I was misled by staff. The incident caused me great concern about the integrity and honesty of the management at the hotel. The stay itself was average, but the incident I experienced was not addressed.

2 Thank CNC1957
Guest E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time. We will take them into consideration your comments.

Amelia Casado.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, fantastic design and spacy rooms with all you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Staff is very friendly. I also liked the location as you can actually walk to both Jumeira beach as well as to the creek, as it is sort of in the middle of both. Nice work out though. Can totally reommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Guest E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear guest,

We are pleased to receive your comments, and happy to read you liked the decoration of the Hotel, we are very proud of it.
Our passion is service, so by reading your comments we are very happy to know that our effort is worthwhile.

El Paso
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the Melia for my last two nights of vacation before returning to work. I simply wanted to relax and prepare myself to go back to work. The rooms, I believe I had the most basic, was far from basic. The furnishings were modern but still inviting and very comfortable. The bathroom was the best with a rain shower and separate enormous egg shaped tub. All components in their own cubicle within the spacious bathroom. The TV was neat as it appeared on a mirrored surface so you don't see any bulky television or cords anywhere. I did not have much of a view from my room but a great excuse to go up to the rooftop pool which is small but quite perfect with loungers, couches/beds, a bar/snack shop and a little fake grass area to have a picnic on. I enjoyed their room service, late night, on both days. I recommend the beef burger, the pizza, and the coffee ( they bring you a little French coffee press which is lovely). I visited the night club, Mansion, on a Thursday night and it was lively with great music. I didn't get a chance to try the restaurants, only room service, I tried to have sushi at the spot next to the concierge desk right after checking out but there was no one working there, even though it was lunchtime. There was a few little issues I encountered, mainly in the spa. A bit of confusion on the reservations and the steam room wasn't working an smelled like mold. The heated blanket was not working for my wrap treatment. So I ended up skipping my treatment because I was just getting annoyed. The beauty salon was fabulous, got a nail service and blow out which was wonderful. The hotel seems a bit removed from all the sights but cabs in Dubai are inexpensive, have them call you a cab because it is impossible to walk away from the hotel and find one. The surrounding area and the streets outside the hotel don't look friendly at night. I don't think there is any real danger but just be cautious. Still, I would not hesitate to book the Melia again. I was very happy with my stay. Do carry the address for the hotel with you because it is not a familiar hotel to most cab drivers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dania B
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a detailed feedback. We are really happy you enjoyed so much your stay and relax before going back to work
Next time we would like you to try out our restaurants, as we have a big variety from where to choose.
We also want you to know that the issues you found have already been feedback to the departments involved.
Really appreciate all your comments,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent breakfast. Staff very friendly. Very clean room. A little far from metro station especially with 40°C outside. Watch out for VIP taxis. If not in a group your 1st day go to Dubai Mall , you can schedule your vacation there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate your time, sharing with us, how your experience was.
It is very grateful to know our service reached the level you expected.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The location in Bur Dubai, rooms, staff and facilities are all great value for money. Friendly staff, excellent food and front staff made the stay relaxing and problem free. The bathroom in particular is amazing

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Gillian Doris D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, food and facilities were up to the level expected.
We hope to see you soon with us again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 November 2013

One of the best hotel i stayed with, very friendly and helpful staff. One the experience i can never forget is the housekeeping staff who remembered all preceferences from the arrangement of my bed, set up of my personal belongings in the bathroom, refilling the coffee set-up. They are just remarkable people and the most variable team in your hotel.

I lookfoward for a wonderful experience in your hotel on my next visit!

Dear Anne,

We are very happy to receive these comments from your side. The fact that you were pleased with the service received makes us really proud as we consider our staff as our most valuable asset.
We look forward receiving you once again, and making if possible even better your experience with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great hotel, very unique entrace as it is from the basment of the hotel, but the amosphere, the smell and the friendlness was brilliant. I am a smoker and took a smokers room... the room was big and the bathrooms were great...... the rooms smelled nice throught.

The only back drop i would see is the location .... but its easy to get around... the deira souk etc... and the spa at the roof need to do something about their jaquzi in the coupels room.

1 Thank Dantiss13
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you had a good experience with us and a pleasant stay.
We will take into consideration your comments in order to improve our facilities.

Kind regards,