“Melia return trip different motive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melia Dubai Hotel

Melia Dubai Hotel
Ranked #94 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Atl,Ga
“Melia return trip different motive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband is in the military and I wanted to surprise him in Dubai with a 3day Dubai trip I booked a level 7 room it was so beautiful spacious romantic but over priced I paid 1300 but the food wasn't worth a dime the staff was amazing the bartender and the sushi bar was terrible I mean really bad the sports bar was great the spa showed us a lot if love they treated us very well thank you guys sooooo much I would go back but not to pay the price I did it was very over priced

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Guest E, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We hope your husband enjoyed the surprise. We are happy to read you liked the sports bar and the spa, we will pass forward your comments to them.

Kind regards,

Amelia Casado.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff. Location is a bit out of the way but easier to get to and from with taxis. Close to all malls. Bit of a drive out to the palms. Spacious rooms, v. clean. Rooftop pool is small but nice. All in all a good stay!! Would definitely return and recommend to friends.

Cleanliness
Dear guest, thank you for your comments. We really appreciate your time letting us know your feelings about our Hotel.
We hope to see you again.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hotel management treated a very serious issue I had with no concern for my treatment. The matter was simply brushed aside, but I was misled by staff. The incident caused me great concern about the integrity and honesty of the management at the hotel. The stay itself was average, but the incident I experienced was not addressed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CNC1957
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time. We will take them into consideration your comments.

Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, fantastic design and spacy rooms with all you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Staff is very friendly. I also liked the location as you can actually walk to both Jumeira beach as well as to the creek, as it is sort of in the middle of both. Nice work out though. Can totally reommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Guest E, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Dubai Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear guest,

We are pleased to receive your comments, and happy to read you liked the decoration of the Hotel, we are very proud of it.
Our passion is service, so by reading your comments we are very happy to know that our effort is worthwhile.

El Paso
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the Melia for my last two nights of vacation before returning to work. I simply wanted to relax and prepare myself to go back to work. The rooms, I believe I had the most basic, was far from basic. The furnishings were modern but still inviting and very comfortable. The bathroom was the best with a rain shower and separate enormous egg shaped tub. All components in their own cubicle within the spacious bathroom. The TV was neat as it appeared on a mirrored surface so you don't see any bulky television or cords anywhere. I did not have much of a view from my room but a great excuse to go up to the rooftop pool which is small but quite perfect with loungers, couches/beds, a bar/snack shop and a little fake grass area to have a picnic on. I enjoyed their room service, late night, on both days. I recommend the beef burger, the pizza, and the coffee ( they bring you a little French coffee press which is lovely). I visited the night club, Mansion, on a Thursday night and it was lively with great music. I didn't get a chance to try the restaurants, only room service, I tried to have sushi at the spot next to the concierge desk right after checking out but there was no one working there, even though it was lunchtime. There was a few little issues I encountered, mainly in the spa. A bit of confusion on the reservations and the steam room wasn't working an smelled like mold. The heated blanket was not working for my wrap treatment. So I ended up skipping my treatment because I was just getting annoyed. The beauty salon was fabulous, got a nail service and blow out which was wonderful. The hotel seems a bit removed from all the sights but cabs in Dubai are inexpensive, have them call you a cab because it is impossible to walk away from the hotel and find one. The surrounding area and the streets outside the hotel don't look friendly at night. I don't think there is any real danger but just be cautious. Still, I would not hesitate to book the Melia again. I was very happy with my stay. Do carry the address for the hotel with you because it is not a familiar hotel to most cab drivers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dania B
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a detailed feedback. We are really happy you enjoyed so much your stay and relax before going back to work
Next time we would like you to try out our restaurants, as we have a big variety from where to choose.
We also want you to know that the issues you found have already been feedback to the departments involved.
Really appreciate all your comments,

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Excellent breakfast. Staff very friendly. Very clean room. A little far from metro station especially with 40°C outside. Watch out for VIP taxis. If not in a group your 1st day go to Dubai Mall , you can schedule your vacation there.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate your time, sharing with us, how your experience was.
It is very grateful to know our service reached the level you expected.

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The location in Bur Dubai, rooms, staff and facilities are all great value for money. Friendly staff, excellent food and front staff made the stay relaxing and problem free. The bathroom in particular is amazing

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Gillian Doris D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, food and facilities were up to the level expected.
We hope to see you soon with us again.