“Second time - even better than the first!”
Review of Table 9

Table 9
Ranked #197 of 9,657 Restaurants in Dubai
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Table 9 is a unique concept restaurant in Dubai that has become a platform for talented chefs to create their own bespoke dining experience. Located in the Hilton Dubai Creek, table 9 has earned a reputation for high-quality, original menus and a personalized dining experience. The latest evolution introduces a brand new bistro-styled concept that guarantees a flavorsome indulgence. The range of starters is designed to encourage sharing and includes luscious options such as the Homesmoked Table 9 Salmon, organic quinoa & burrata salad or the infamous Steak Tartar that naturally leads to the main courses like the palate-pleasing Veal Tenderloin with smoked pumpkin puree & gremolata or the generous US Angus Prime Rib Eye with the homemade triple-cooked chips and béarnaise. When the culinary climax is reached the signature desserts like the Poached Grapes Panna Cotta or the Table 9 Rhubarb & Custard classic are sure to leave you intrigued for new adventures. This modern version of a casual-chic bistro welcomes you to an extraordinary experience whether it is a casual dinner with family and friends, a special occasion or a famous Dubai Brunch. Started in 2011 by Gordon Ramsay's protégés, Nick Alvis & Scott Price and later under the reign of Darren Velvick the restaurant has won several public and industry awards for its innovative approach to modern European cuisine.
Dubai
“Second time - even better than the first!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I both loved our first visit to Table 9 by Nick And Scott in February (for his birthday) and couldn't wait to take my (vegetarian) friend for her birthday just a few days ago (she was travelling and spent only two nights in Dubai). The experience was just as fantastic as we'd remembered it.

The service is attentive and friendly, but more than that it is educated and informed - something that is missing terribly from the Dubai restaurant scene. The food, as always was amazingly prepared and presented - but even more importantly it was tasty! Kind of seems like that should be a no-brainer but I just always seem a little disappointed by the blandness of the food I eat in this city. It wasn't a problem here. Everything was delicious. There's nothing too fancy going on, no molecular gastronomy. Just really well cooked ingredients put together in a fun, whimsical way. And that's what I like best about Table 9 - it really is a fun experience.

The last time we ate there we had matched wines with each course but our companion doesn't drink wine (so we thought it would be a little churlish to get tipsy without her on her birthday). Nonetheless we spoke to our favourite sommelier in the world, the lovely and delightful Viktorija, and she organised three glasses of wine for us to share amongst our seven courses. Each and every wine was perfectly chosen and matched the food wonderfully. I said it last time, and I'll say it again, Viktorija really is an asset to the Table 9 ensemble and her presence really elevates the experience to amazing. I would still enjoy it without her, but I enjoy it a whole lot more with her!!!

Table 9 is incredible value for money in my opinion. The food, service and wine would cost a whole lot more (and be of a whole lot lower quality) at any other comparable restaurant in Dubai. And something else that makes it really special is that they offer a daily seven course vegetarian menu. If anyone has ever had to cook for a vegetarian, you know how challenging it can be to come up with creative dishes. My friend doesn't eat mushrooms or goat's cheese either (just to make it more challenging). The chefs didn't hesitate to alter her dishes to eliminate those elements, replacing them with other (just as interesting and tasty) ingredients. This is an achievement in itself.

Table 9 is a standout place to eat and I can't wait to go again. Good job guys - keep it up!

• Visited July 2012
HiltonPRDubai, Public Relations Manager at Table 9, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you so much for your detailed review about table 9. I am pleased to hear you & your family enjoyed your night out with us and will let Nick, Scott, Viktorija and the team know that they helped you have such a great evening at table 9. In the meantime while you contemplate your next visit, do keep in touch with us on facebook.com/table9dubai.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Another Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Another wonderful experience at Table 9 by Nick and Scott.
The service was prompt and professional and very informative, especially from Viktorija!!!
I was in a group with a vegetarian and even their tasting menu was good enough to eat. I will definitely be heading back some time very soon.

• Visited July 2012
HiltonPRDubai, Public Relations Manager at Table 9, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent visit to table 9! So glad your evening out with us was memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

A couple of friends and I decided to give ourselves a little treat and we went for the 7-course menu, including the wine option.

The entire evening was very satisfying for all three of us. Overall, the food was excellent - the foie gras and the lamb were outstanding, whereas the quinoa couldn't keep up with other 6 courses. The portions are relatively small, but with 7 courses we weren't really worried that we would leave this place hungry.

We also loved the lady who introduced us the wines before each course - she explained why she chose each wine to make a match made in heaven. She obviously shared our passion and appreciation for good wine! The service overall was very well "balanced", i.e. friendly and very attentive without overdoing it to a degree that it becomes annoying.

Despite the steep price I will definitely come back to this restaurant - next time maybe for a special occasion, however!

• Visited July 2012
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted that your friends and you had an amazing night at table 9. I will definitely let the team in on your review & Viktorija in particular for her excellent wine pairing skills. We can't wait to have you back. In the meanwhile stay in touch with us on facebook.com/table9dubai.
delhi
“Very very good”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Our first time was exciting, and felt pleasantly surprised by the little extra care you have of your customers as compared with.. basically any other restaurant in Dubai (at least that I have tried out, which are many, since I'm quite a foodie)..Our second time was great, still one of the best, but somehow not perfect. I would have preferred the food a little lighter (I've asked so, but still), with the sauces to be tasty and not greasy. I am not complaining really.. table nine and its two patrons are amazing. The bonbon at the end is the sweetest and cutest touch, and are actually getting so much better! The waiters are less bothering than before, have left us much more privacy. However, it feels somehow your fantasy was a little fresher before (I visited on the second month of your opening). Have some nice holidays and let your ideas fly (in our mouth) again!!

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A fabulous evening”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have been to Table 9 twice in the last month and we have had a perfect evening both times. Our first visit was a dinner with friends and the second was to celebrate our wedding anniversary. At both visits the staff were attentive, the food sublime and the wine selections really exciting. We have had the tasting menu both times - such exciting food. I asked for a change on one selection on the second visit, which was no problem to the chef of course. The sommelier (and restaurant manager) Viktorija recognised this was our second visit and suggested she might give us a different selection of wines from our previous visit. This worked really well and we tasted some different & excellent wines. At the end of the evening she gave us a printed list of the courses and the paired wines we had enjoyed.

At our first visit we were also invited to view the kitchens and have a chat to the 2 chefs Nick and Scott. Despite a really busy service both chefs were keen to chat and it really added to the personal nature of the visit. We can not praise this restaurant enough.

The last lovely touch was the sweet trolley where we were each given a selection of their handmade bon bons in handmade bags!
All in all a superb dining experience and a great night's entertainment.