“Awesome!”

Ranked #185 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel for sure we will definitely come back.
Room built is good, and spacious. Also good side is, we were given free wireless internet connection.

I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sandra c
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.
We're very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Marina View.

We thank you once again for your feedback. It will be our pleasure to host you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

There isn’t words to describe how wonderful is Marina View Hotel Apartments! Along with my wife we just spent one week in this fantastic Hotel. The facility is up dated with a top notch gym , one nice restaurants. Every morning there is Breakfast Buffet of varied choices . A special thanks for Front Office team, one of the managers who provided us a late checkout and also upgraded our room for four nights during our stay. Housekeeping staff was incredible who helped us in everything we need. Certainly I will come back to Marina View Hotel Apartments again and next time brings my son to this amazing hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.
We're very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Marina View.

Marina View is 2014 excellence award winner and is one of the top Luxury Hotel Apartments in Dubai because of its Location, Furnished Spacious Apartments, Service Quality as well as the Value for Money.

The team at Marina View works round the clock and takes pride in providing personalized services for the satisfaction of our guests.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

There is nothing deluxe about this hotel apartment. Some websites categorize it as a 5 or 4 star. I would say this is a 3 star. As soon as you come in you can see that it is outdated and the attention is not high class. This is a basic hotel with basic service.

*****Bed bugs in the room*******. I called reception and they sent 2 staff to the room which confirmed they were bed bugs. By their reaction, seems to me that this is not unusual....
I was moved to another room..I think I should have moved out the hotel. No apologies whatsoever from anyone.

The original room I was given, then one with the bed bugs, was pool view and it was very noisy. They have music all day in the pool and it is was very loud. Start at 9.00 so not very good if you want to sleep.

Service at the pool. TERRIBLE. I ordered a coke 3 times because they kept forgetting my order. I also order a simple salad which took ages to come. I asked for it to be to charged to my room and they said no problem. 10 min later I am told that there is a software problem and cannot be added to my room and I need to pay cash. I had no cash on my and I am told to go up to my room to get it!!! By the way I was in the middle of my lunch...
He insist that I cannot put it in my room but pay cash. Strange I said, I can see other people not paying cash and charging their orders to their room. Answer: the software problem is only with your room!!!!! When I asked for the manager, there was no sign of him/her. He never came so I guess the software problem with my room was fixed.......unbeliable..

Check out- no apologies and no mention of the bed bugs problems. The receptionist, did not seem to know what she was doing. She checked out a different room and had to prove to her that it was not me with my passport. TERRIBLE.

In general they all need a training in customer service.

Will not recommend this hotel and will never stay here again. By the way you have to walk like 10 min to the beach. Not ideal if you plan to go to the beach.

Room Tip: carefull with bed bugs some rooms may have it and do not stay in a room facing the pool if you want...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback.

We regret to know that you experienced problems during your stay with us.

We’ve made a note of your comments and we’ll be conducting an investigation about those issues, as in Marina View Hotel Apartments, our guest satisfaction always comes first.

It will be our pleasure to host you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at hotel for seven nights, friendly staff, spotlessly clean, central for the metro or walking to malls or beach or marina , very cheap for taxis to visit other parts of Dubai. Breakfast has a good choice,will definitely return to this hotel .

Room Tip: Stayed at hotel for seven nights, friendly staff, spotlessly clean, central for the metro or walking...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 637Traveller
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We're pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina View. We are also grateful to receive your kind comments.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment here. On arrival we were given one bedroom and the connecting room was not available due to a late check out by the outgoing occupant. I had specifically requested a 2 bedroom apartment to be available as we were going straight out to an engagement after checking in. Very disappointing as the unpacking then had to wait.
The apartments were ok but no more than that. Don't expect any view of the Dubai Marina!!
I pre paid for the apartment but was told it was only a payment authorization. I then paid again in cash only to find out later the payment was also deducted from my account, so I had paid twice. I produced evidence of this on check-out but they were having none of it and refused to refund the cash payment I had made. The reception staff were useless. I am still waiting for them to refund the payment into my account!!
The AC was poor. There was no hot water and poor water pressure. My wife requested a hairdryer and, after a wait during which her hair was almost dry, one was delivered held together by cellotape.
The pool was a let down. Not enough loungers to go round. High energy music was being pumped out from 3 huge amps all the time. Hardly the place to relax.
I was glad to get out of there and will never go back. I recommend you take it off your list of places to stay. Ripped off and let down!

Room Tip: Don't go!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We regret to see that you’re not fair in your feedback.

We'd like to inform you that you only paid for your stay once and in cash, the other amount was only blocked as a security from your card when you booked on booking .com and it has been refunded to you and you’re already aware of that.

In addition, we didn’t receive an early check-in request prior to your arrival. Yet the hotel exceptionally allowed you to check-in at 11:30 AM although the policies allow check-in after 2:00 PM.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Loved this place! Hotel is in very good location just next to the marina, rooms are well furnished with all amenities you need . There is metro stop , pharmacy , store and many restaurants next to the hotel. Hotel has 3 restaurant I tried "marina view" and food was delicious. Will definitely stay there again. Most of all i liked very friendly, helpful and down to earth staff which made me feel like at home! Special thanks to General Manager Samir Moussa who takes personal care of every guest!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We're really pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina View. We are also grateful to receive your kind comments.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed there for 5 nights, i booked the hotel through booking.com, but when i went to pay they charged me like 1000 AED more for charges... i felt a little bit bad...
The room was very nice in the 4th floor. Big room with a comfortable bed. Good bathroom & amenities. The location is very nice to stay near of Dubai Marina. There is a grossery, pharamcy and restaurants near of the apartments. The pool was normal but with a good enviorment.
It´s a good place for the price.
I don´t like that the wifi is paying.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SamirMoussa, General Manager at Marina View Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback.

We'd like to inform you that this amount was blocked as a security from your debit card and it has been already refunded.

It will be our pleasure to host you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.