“Could not be happier with everything”

Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai
Ranked #119 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dublin, Ireland
“Could not be happier with everything”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here having done some research online. Delighted with my choice.

Wonderful location, right outside the Emirates Towers metro station which makes it so easy to get around the city and for very cheap.

I must thank the lovely gentleman that checked me in as I got a room with a lovely view and also wifi. The staff are wonderful, friendly and always courteous and helpful. The swimming g pool s wonderful, especially at night when it is still steaming hot under the moonlit sky. Although the pool area is undergoing some expansion works, this does not affect the pool or deck areas at all.

In summary:
room: perfect
View: amazing
Staff: wonderful
Location: could not be better
Price: very reasonable

I would definitely both recommend it as a place to stay, and also I will certainly be coming back next Time I am in Dubai.

Thanks to all the lovely staff here.

Room Tip: See if you can get a top view. Ask for free wifi if at all possible as a bonus.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diarmuid L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good service, friendly and helpful staff. Great access to train station and convenience shops. Great views of the city. Spacious bedrooms with top quality technology (With a lot of options available on a touch pad at your bedside table) I would recommend this place to my friends and if I ever come to Dubai again I will be staying there for sure.

Absolutely mint

Room Tip: Great views from all sides, ask for the highest room possible if you can stomach it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I & my hubby chose Millennium Plaza Hotel to spend our wedding anniversary on June. We stayed 5 nights on June at this hotel and as a frequent traveler to Dubai, I can surely say that it is one of the best. The lady @ the reception upgraded our room as soon as she understood this is our anniversary and gave complimentary free WiFi to our room. Our room was located at level 43 and it had fantastic view toward Sheikh Zayed. Moreover, two heart shaped deserts were waiting for us as soon as we entered to our room which was also lovely. Many thanks to Millennium Plaza hotel.
Breakfast: was also very good which had many choices as well.
Metro station is just opposite the main entrance of the hotel which is less than 30 seconds!! Awesome.
Our room was spacious and spotless.
Pool area was also veryyyyy nice and not crowded and was located in a beautiful area.
The only negative point was that the TV channels in our room were not showing the World Cup and my husband was a lil bit sad about it but overall, everything was perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel M, General Manager at Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Meai 2012

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments and we are glad that our colleagues at the front desk accommodated your wedding anniversary request and you have enjoyed our hospitality. We are sorry that we could not accommodate your request for the World Cup, due to some difficulties we were not able to air the event and we apologize for the inconvenience.
We look forward to your future visits.
Best regards
Daniel Mathew
Qatar
Reviewed 5 August 2014

more than 30 minutes waiting for checking in, staff are very slow, required addtional personnel or extra training.
Similarly for checking out.

AC in room is not effective, AC grills are facing towards seating area were bed area is not covered, Really hot.

Room Tip: street view is much better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shadykraimesh
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel before and it was really good but this time I hated everything about it, we waited for a very long time to check in, you wait even longer to get your car ready from the valet, and you wait for ever for room service to get you your order.
Not to mention that you cant access the internet in your room for some reason, and they wouldn't clean your room unless you call them and ask them why wasn't it cleaned yet!
Worst experience ever and I will never go to that place ever again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Saad A
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 3 August 2014

So nice place to stay, if you I'll be away in your home and you need to relax only I'm going to recommend this place to all my friends. and once you wake in the morning you can see a very beautifull view of Dubai Sheikh Zayeed view .Najeeb service provide all our needs and he is always there to assist you. The club room is very big which we got for only 100AED extra per night so it is highly recommended for families or group of friends. We loved the view and service which was provided by the Hotel especially Najeeb

Room Tip: go to club room with Sheikh Zaeed road
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Al Otaibi H
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night recently. The location of the hotel can't be any better. Step out of hotel and you are in Emirates Tower Metro Station. Look for a taxi and it will be there. Hotel has its parking plaza at the back side with a very good Pool on the top floor.

The room was spacious. Bathroom was impressive. I needed shaving kit which was immediately provided; however, if they claim to be a 5 star hotel then they should have already provided it in the bathroom.

The bad part is that their pillow smelled bad. It is common for new feather pillows to smell but you don't expect that in a 5 star hotel. Further, the room temperature was not good. Apparently, the air-conditioner operates only when you insert the key in the wall hole.

Wifi is not available for free in any part of the hotel. Reminds me of hotels in stone age!

One more issue. Neither on their website nor on other hotel booking websites they mention that they don't serve alcohol. This is a Dry Hotel. Not that I was dying to drink but it is good to know such things in advance.

There was a good variety available at Breakfast. Unfortunately, one of the 3 fruits was stale. Apple juice tasted like water.

In a nutshell, I recommend that you go for this hotel only if you get it under $100 per night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo