“Nice, nice, nice ...”
Review of Left Bank Souk Al Bahar - CLOSED

Left Bank Souk Al Bahar
Cuisines: Bar, European, American, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dubai
Description: Situated in exclusive enclaves in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman and most recently Melbourne, Australia, Left Bank's renowned cocktail list has been carefully created by skilled industry professionals with extensive international experience in mixology. The enticing fusion of flavours served with the flair that only Left Bank can boast make it impossible to stop at just one drink. If you can pry yourself away from the cocktails long enough to glance at the menu, you'll be seriously tempted by the exceptional contemporary European cuisine designed expressly for shared enjoyment. Left Bank's contemporary chic personality is reflected in the bars' interiors, with each location conveying its own individual style and mood. Its ambient lounge atmosphere, chilled music and waterfront locations are guaranteed to set the right mood for a great night out.
Dubai
“Nice, nice, nice ...”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We went to Souk al Bahar place, good atention, only one beer Tiger, very good food, good music time to time too loud but enjoyable. Very good bar place. So ... go

• Greek first
Heaven
“Good, but pricey is you like drink with your meal”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

One of many licensed restaurants in the souk Al Bahar that seem to be aiming at the same price point, quite expensive when you add in a bottle of plonk, we only go there if we have a 2 for 1 voucher, that knocks a few dirhams off the bill. The food is good, the service is fine, there is a tiny outside seating area.

New Forest, United Kingdom
“Good food well cooked.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I had dinner here and enjoyed it very much. The service was friendly and efficient. I had a streak which was cooked exactly as requested. My wife had "chicken in a brick" - no brick was evident when served but half a chicken well cooked an juicy. We took half of the portion home as it was so huge. The only niggle was the mojito served to wife was small (compared to others served there) however, when we mention this to the waitress the manager corrected the problem quicky and to their credit did not charge for the drink.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“good for a girls night out!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went to Left bank last Wednesday, the one at Souk Bahar. The restaurant isn’t too easy to find (its located on the first floor) and you have to remember to park in the Soul Al Bahar parking only or you will be walking for awhile.

Ambience: The restaurant is quite dark, and loud. The music wasn’t too my liking cause I don’t remember hearing one song that I’ve known plus there wasn’t a person in the bar bobbing their head to the music. So I think they need to improve the music scene in there.

Food: We were 6 people and since we went on a ladies night (Wednesday night) we got 3 free signature drinks free. I really enjoyed the vodka infused drink (I can’t remember the name). The alcohol in the drinks however are really light but you can’t really make such a fuss when it’s free drinks! Since we just wanted to much on something with our drinks we ordered one curly fries, one JD wings and one salt and pepper calamari. I didn’t really enjoy the JD wings as much they were a little too sweet n sticky to my liking (and I couldn’t even feel a hint on JD) but the others at the table really loved them but overall no one tasted the JD. The salt and pepper calamari was really good, its just simple batter fried but it was so delicious it got ever in seconds. They were fried right to a crisp and taken out at just the right time, it was also served with peanut sauce. (sadly I forgot to try that) the curly fries too were really good.

Service: The bar was packed – I don’t think there was a table free so to get a waiters attention was really tough and since the music was loud there was a lot of hand actions from our table to get the waiters attention. The food however came quickly and the service once we got the waiters attention was good.

Pricing: The total bill was approx. AED 130.00

Overall: I’d say 5 out of 10.

Visited January 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Wouldn't reheat my food”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Visiting date: Feb 21, 2014
First of all I would like to say that the restaurant is nicely located in Madinat Jumeirah, and the food tasted good. However, my friend and I ordered the same type of main course (pasta stuffed with spinach), and we don't know how, but there was without doubt a big difference in the temperature of the two dishes, so we asked one of the waiters if the cold dish could be re-heated. She took the cold dish and went into the kitchen, came back and told us that the chef said it was warm enough = he did not want to re-heat it.
So in the meantime while the waiter went back and fourth with the dish it just get even colder.
After that, another waiter came to our table and asked if everything was okay. We told her the situation, and we only got an excuse - no action.

We did not ask for a new dish - we just wanted it to be re-heated, because we could feel the big temperature difference, but apparently the chef was too proud of himself to do that.
However, the food was fine, but we experienced the cold dish and that arrogant attitude...It would have been a simple action to do for them, but apparently too big - so of course we were not happy