“Better than expected!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Neighbourhood: The Marina
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I've been to Duo several years ago when it just opened, and it was nothing special, just one more restaurant in The Walk that offered a menu for tourists.
My family and I came back from downtown late one night (it was almost 11pm) and wanted to dine somewhere not far from where we stay in. We were tired and starving.
My husband suggested Duo -he was the only one of us that did not dine there before.
We asked the waiter for a table located outside and he kindly explained that one part of the kitchen, the one that had the grill, was closing in ten minutes. We ordered some dishes from the grill and pasta.
My husband's rib eye with a side dish of sautéed spinach and fries was good, considering it is not a gourmet restaurant. My daughter ordered fish with an included side dish- she had sautéed spinach and a roasted potato, and it was also good.
My children ordered fetuccini al pesto , and it was really delicious because it had home made pesto and it was like the pesto you eat in Italy, the other dish was penne al Quattro formaggio that was excellent too, creamy and flavory.
My Capresse salad was great, it also had home made pesto and a delicious olive oil dressing. And so the Chicken Caesar salad that had a very creamy and tasty dressing and lots of Parmesan shavings on top.
I could not have a coffee or tea after dinner because the kitchen was closed.
Believe it not, I'll return to Duo next time I visit Dubai because we liked it!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

not much of a buffet but good enough... pancakes, hash browns, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, with coffee or tea at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had a yum dinner here in Dubai. Service was fast, pizzas were yum. Enjoyed the calzone.. I would come back here for a quick dinner!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Went to the one at JBR. The Rissotto was excellent and the surroundings fresh and clean. Good that you can see the chefs cooking.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Great choice and excellent food. Looks a lot like most of the eateries along the Walk but much higher quality meal without costing any more.