“Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana”
Review of Al Ghurair Arjaan

Al Ghurair Arjaan
Ranked #148 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

When my driver drove up to the hotel I was a little disappointed. In a place like Dubai where there are amazing hotels everywhere, the outside of the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana is rather plain. I was immediately greeted by the the bellman who gathered up my luggage and sent me upstairs to the guest services desk. I was checked in immediately and was off to my room. The room was huge and beautiful. The bathroom was so spacious with a soaking tub and the largest separate glass shower that I have ever had in a hotel room. The shower came equipped with a rain shower head along with a multi wall mounted shower heads. The bathroom had plush towels, phone, bidet, and great bath products. The room had a huge window but the view was the inside of the mall. The bed was huge with decorative comfy bedding. The room had a sofa and a comfy chair. Large closet, safe, nice desk area that I used as my dressing table, and mini refrigerator. The staff at the hotel was friendly and welcoming, I never entered or left the hotel without being greeted. When I called guest service or had a wake up call I was always greeted by name. The wifi was terrible, very slow and expensive. I found out too late that I could have free wifi at the mall next store that was at least twice as fast. The area of the hotel was fine but I found everywhere I wanted to go was a long cab ride away. When I checked out of the hotel it hard started to sprinkle and on bellman grabbed my suitcases when my driver arrived and the other held an umbrella over my head. So I again great friendly service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I like the appartment and the location of the hotel. Only two things I did not like:

I did not see any smile from the hotel staff.
The delay in refunding the balance to my credit card till now........!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Arjaan, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

It is great to know that you are pleased with the facilities and the location of our hotel.

However, we have noted your comment on the unpleasant experience encountered by you. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to investigate more on this as the situation totally contradicts our assurance of delivering the good hospitality service to you. I would really appreciate if you could share more on this through my email address maric.duijvenbode@rotana.com

Overall, we are still grateful as you have considered and preferred staying with us and we are hoping that the same opportunity will be given to our staff to prove the rest of the best we can deliver.

We assure that we will make your stay a heartwarming and pleasant one the next time you visit us in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Apartment hotel of very high quality.
Only negative is the wifi charge, which is a pet hate of mine - US$23 per day!!
Shopping mall below the hotel, with free wifi available.
Spinneys supermarket behind the hotel, good for supplies.
Pool area is quite noisy.
Try the Shayan restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmallen04
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Arjaan, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us giving an appreciation towards our service as we are always committed to give our guest the highest standard possible.

We have also taken note of your comments with regards to the WIFI charges and are looking into this. We do offer complimentary WIFI in public areas and outlets for our guest convenience and apologize this was not offered to you.

We shall look forward to your next visit in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here from the 30 December 2013 for 6 nights.I booked a one bedroom apartment opting for an e-upgrade or an extra bed to be placed in the lounge for my teenage daughter.I arrived at hotel at 3pm and was told i had to wait for my room which wasn't available.The guy at the front desk,his name was dimitri was very rude and not helpfull at all.On asking him about my e-upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment,he told me he doesn't wish to see it as its nothing and there's no upgrades available.Why offer it to people online if the front dress rudely calls it that. On my booking i requested an extra bed.I called the hotel before i left home and was told it was noted and I would get it on check in.Dimitri rudely told me that there's no beds available and he cant help me in any way.I told him i wished to cancell my booking and asked to speak to a manager but he decided to speak to the manager himself.The manager and dimitri promised me that by evening i would have an extra bed in the room.After check in i never heard from Dimitri or the manager.My teenage daughter slept on the sofa in the lounge for 6 days. This was my 3rd stay at a Rotana hotel in Dubai and my last.Rotana needs to improve the training it gives its front desk staff in how to deal with tourists.Until then i will go back to Hotels like Hilton,Marriot and Starwood who have always strived for customer satisfaction.

4 Thank ZAworldtraveler
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Arjaan, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor following your stay in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience during your stay. We appreciate that you have brought this matter to our attention as this shows a breach of our commitment to our guests. Providing the best service to our guests is our main objective in order to satisfy them and make their stay a happy and comfortable one. However, we fell short at this time. Definitely, we will take an action towards the issues being raised to avoid recurrence in the future.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show the best of services that we can do. I would not hesitate to assist you in case of any need and let me know through my email address at maric.duijvenbode@rotana.com

We are looking forward to welcome you once again in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Durban
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I recently completed a 6-night stay at Al Ghurair Arjaan apartments. The previous year I had stayed at the Al Ghurair Rayhaan hotel next door and decided to try out the apartments this time.

Firstly the positives; the apartments are very large and spacious. The kitchenette is very convenient if you are going the self-catering route. The location next to the recently revamped Al-Ghurair mall is excellent.

My review of this establishment would have been excellent, but what really spoilt my stay here was the attitude of the management. The 100+ square meter apartments are fine if you are a couple as they only have 1 bed in them, but if you request an extra child bed (even if you are willing to pay for it), you will be treated with contempt. I had made my reservation 2 months before my stay and explicitly told them I needed an extra bed for my 7 year old. When I arrived at the hotel for check-in, the assistant told me that the bed would be no problem, and housekeeping will attend to it immediately. We had arrived at close to midnight at the hotel, and were very tired after a long flight, and ended up waiting 1 hour for the extra bed to arrive, but to no avail. Eventually I was told by the reception that I was waiting in vain, as there are actually no extra beds available.

I then asked to speak to the manager, and was put through to a gentleman by the name of IYAD, who told me he was the night-duty manager of the establishment. I explained to him the predicament I was in, not having space for my child to sleep and that I had requested the extra bed well in advance. The way he responded to me was totally unacceptable. He was rude, condescending, dismissive of what I had to say and extremely abrasive. He suggested that I make my child sleep on the couch or the floor. I am a Hilton Honors platinum member and SPG member, and having stayed at hundreds of hotels throughout the world, I have never been spoken to like that by a manager of a hotel in all my life. This whole incident with the Mr. IYAD really tarnished my impressions of Rotana hotels. During breakfast the one morning, I related this incident to another guest and was surprised to find out they also had an unpleasant incident with the same manager during their stay.

The following day, after numerous calls to different people, I was eventually told they would try to find me a rollaway bed somewhere in the hotel. When the extra bed finally arrived, it was harder than a concrete slab. It was not fit for a human being to sleep on, unless you wanted to visit the chiropractor all your life.

My experiences with the lower level staff, like the bellboys, cleaners and waiters was mostly good, however I found most of the front desk staff to be surly, abrupt and unwelcoming. I had family and friends who had booked more than 20 rooms in Al-Ghurair Rotana hotels and apartments during the December/January period, and most of them felt that the service could be a lot better. I think the staff and management needs a lot more training in how to deal with guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SolskjaerZA
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Arjaan, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your candid comments via TripAdvisor following your stay in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

Please accept our gratitude for choosing to stay with us once again. However, your visit at this time showed to be an unpleasant one due to service shortfalls.

We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experiences you have encountered. This is totally not in line with our service standards. We appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured that the problem will be investigated in order to correct unacceptable behaviors. Reviews as this will let us identify the areas to focus on and improve the service required.

We honestly hope that these will not deter your plans of visiting us again in the near future and I would be glad assisting you on your next comeback. Hence, I would appreciate if you could correspond with me through my email address maric.duijvenbode@rotana.com

We look forward having the opportunity again to serve you and show the rest of the best we can do as we value all our guests always.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this luxurious hotel. The apartment and other amenities that come with it were fantastic. Apartment is very spacious, clean and very modern. Staff are fairly friendly but could do better. However, our lovely House keeper, Hein was very respectful, helpful and he is always smiling. Checking in and out was very straight forward. Hotel is attached to a lovely mall which became another place of adventure for us . Hotel is closed to transports, metro, and shops. I advise that you look out for a reputable restaurants as some of them are of poor quality. Mostly stick to the restaurants in the mall, they are very good and affordable. Food and wifi in the hotel are very expensive, apart from these I couldn't fault the hotel.

The only bad experience we had was with the staff in Liwan restaurant when we booked to have brunch on Christmas day.
Liwan is one of the restaurants in the Hotel. Their hospitality was very poor, the staff paid very little attention to us, whilst they focused more on other customers. They were serving drinks to other customers and clearing up used dishes from other tables and by passed our table on numerous occasions until we called for their attention to have the drink menu, coffee and for clearing up. The cost of the meal was a waste mainly because of the poor customer service but the food was good. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Dubai but will stay away from Liwan restaurant.

Room Tip: Customers should request for rooms/apartments starting from the 8th floor as they have better views...
3 Thank Olutoyin G
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Arjaan, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us giving an appreciation towards our apartment’s amenities, size, cleanliness, contemporary set-up and colleagues friendly, respectful and helpful behavior. We are always committed to give you the highest standard possible.

However, we have noted your comment on the unpleasant experience faced in our Liwan Restaurant. We would like to investigate more on this as the situation totally contradicts our assurance of delivering the good hospitality service to you. I would really appreciate if you could share more on this through my email address maric.duijvenbode@rotana.com

Overall, we are still grateful as you have considered and preferred to be staying with us again and we are hoping that the same opportunity will be given to our Liwan Restaurant to prove the rest of the best we can deliver.

Mumbai
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would like to first thank TripAdvisor (who I now swear by) for suggesting this property which I absolutely loved. We are a family of 4, and travelled this time to Dubai for our annual vacation. This is one time when we totally indulge ourselves and do not compromise on the quality of stay as well as the vacation, which makes it imperative for us to choose not only a good property but also a convenient location which also offers good value for money. Normally we always prefer a hotel apartment as compared to a hotel, given the fact that it offers more space as compared to the cramped hotel rooms.

We chose 'Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana' based on TripAdvisor reviews at least 4 months before we travelled so that we could get a good deal. Booking was made directly on their website: http://www.rotana.com/arjaanhotelapartments/unitedarabemirates/dubai/alghurairarjaanbyrotana, and got a fab deal for a minimum of 7 days stay. It is my strong advise that you must check their deals out on their website before choosing any other portal to make a booking

Our 1 bedroom apartment deal included: free airport transfers, daily breakfast and free wifi at AED 5700 (incl taxes) for 7 nights. This apartment hotel is also connected with a 5 star hotel (Al Ghurair Rayhaan by Rotana) and with a Shopping Mall. It is situated in an excellent location in Deira surrounded by eating joints and a huge department store Spinneys.

On the day of arrival 23 Dec 2013, we got prompt airport transfers, early check in at 12 noon, and a delightful and very spacious apartment on the 13th floor (room 1353) with a balcony overlooking the street and the ocean. The apartment had a huge living room cum kitchen and a toilet, a good size bedroom with kingsize bed and a large bathroom. It had all the amenities that one could possibly ask for .. kitchen utensils, cooking burner, dishwashing machines, clothes washing machines and dryer, refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster, cup, plates and wine glasses etc. They also provide daily housekeeping service at no extra charge. One can also use all the 5 star hotel facilities of Al Ghurair Arjaan which is connected from its 3rd floor
Overall I think this property not only offers a good location but also offers the best value for money as compared to any other property and hotel in the same area or any other vicinity in Dubai

Some important tips
1. Taxi fares
a. Hotel to Dubai Mall costs approx. AED 30 one way
b. Hotel to Global Village costs AED 60 one way
c. Hotel Outlet Mall (where you get the best deals for all premium brands) cost AED 50
d. For full day Dubai City Tour its best to hire a Private Taxi (Lexus)if you are a family of 4. It will cost you approx. AED 700 for 10 hours and is the most convenient way to get around the city without wasting time. I suggest you get in touch with a Bangladeshi driver who drove me around. His name is Zahid and his mobile number is +971 50 354 6034. Zahid is extremely prompt, reliable and helpful
e. A 12 hour trip to Abu Dhabi to visit Ferrari World and the Sheikh Zayed Mosque (must visit, open till 10 pm every day, women will have to wear Burkhas provided by the authorities inside the premises, please carry your id to get this) will cost AED 800 by this private Lexus taxi (4 seater)

I hope you find this information useful ...

Cheers

Tushar Shah
Bombay, India

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor facing the creek or the ocean
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

6 Thank Shah1969
Maric V, Manager at Al Ghurair Arjaan, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very good comments following your stay in the Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai.

We are very proud having received and read your review. We are very delighted to know that your message explicitly delivers your satisfaction to the totality of our hotel service standard and most importantly on the value for money aspect. It is always our aim to give the best to our guests and at this time we appreciate that our efforts are acknowledged.

Once again, thank you for recognizing all the excellent phases of Al Ghurair Arjaan by Rotana.

We will be very eager to welcome you back in the very near future.