“Nice arartments” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #180 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
staines
“Nice arartments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just back from my third stay at the Pearl Marina and i found it to be just as good as previous stays. Polite staff,excellent apartments,large rooms,well equipped kitchen,Tesco supermarket about 100 yards away.Rooms cleaned every day.Free parking in underground car park.There is some construction taking place but it did not affect us.We had apartment 410 and it was very close to the lift.One thing that needs changing are the sunbeds. Not very comfortable.Apart from the sunbeds we had a great holiday.Will go back again.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a marina view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was very happy with our accomodation. It was a really big apartment, with everyrhing we needed, even a washing machine!
The lounge was very comfortable (probably the best in our 5 week travels).
The A/C worked brilliantly.
The reception staff were always very helpful and polite.
I liked staying away from the main city, the harbour was a little bit more peacful and because the taxi fairs are so cheap, it didn't matter about the distance.
The one thing that we were lacking was somewhere to hang clothes. There is a shower clothes line, but when we washed some clothes in the washing machine and it would have been really good to hang them up. I think all it would need is a clothes horse in the kitchen as there us plenty of room for one, and that would have completed our stay.
All in all, I was very happy with the price and the apartment.
A good place to stay with a family too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenMBunburyWA
Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The room was horrid.
I normally pride myself on getting the best deal my money can buy. I normally walk into the room knowing exactly what I am going to get. This was not the case.

For starters, the room was putrid with smoke. In all floors of the hotel only one floor is a non-smoking floor and this was certainly not it. I hadn’t even thought to ask for non-smoking. I am surprised they would still allow smoking in the room but their was an ashtray in nearly every room including the bathroom. For those not from Australia this is something that you don’t see and probably haven’t seen since the 80s. The smell was nauseating and hard to escape as it was even in the couch.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment was the view. My main reason for booking was for the marina or pool views. My view was… well… dust… construction and dirt! It was horrible… So horrible I will admit I cried. Where had I gone wrong? I sent my husband down to see if we could swap even but all two bedroom units don’t come with views (hmmmm I am still finding this hard to believe as I re-read forum posts and looked at the layouts of the doors). Sure they might not have great views but they had balconies not overlooking dust. I even saw a family wave from a balcony overlooking the pool. Is it sad that this room disappointment probably lasted the good part of the day and every time we went to the pool or breakfast I was reminded of my mistake. I would never have booked this place if I new I was getting this.

Their were some positives. Two bedrooms plus a lounge which was huge. A pool which overlooked the marina (reminded me of the view I didn’t have). Complimentary breakfast (although when is breakfast ever really complimentary). And the service was pretty much five star. Our airport transport drivers and breakfast waiters deserve a special mention.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night:

Pros:
Friendly staff, underground parking, great view of the marina (if you get a 1 bedroom!), close to grocery store

Cons:
We tried to leave but the management did their best to make us comfortable because the bed was soooo hard and the room lacked any character. Pool is small and very warm, If you book a 2 bedroom you're looking at a construction site, very plain furnishings, hard bed, only 1 English channel, paint peeling off in the apartment

With all the choices in Dubai, this one is far behind the others.

Room Tip: Get a 1 bedroom otherwise be ready to look at an ugly construction site. 2 bedrooms look at the con...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
kuala lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great staff, accommodating, always friendly .
Clean room . Near Carrefour, restaurants , overlooking the Marina.
It's quite hard to find the hotel though, especially if you're not local and driving guided by only the GPS. We could see the hotel building from the main road but was having a hard time figuring out which roads/ alleys to take. Not the hotel's fault of course. We'd come back again for the hospitality and clean room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was here for a week and we were upgraded free to the villa apartment! It was beautiful! The breakfast is decent. We had a jacuzzi and swimming pool in the back yard so that was lovely! It's also quite central to everything and walking distance from numerical beach! Nice price too

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I could not recommend the Pearl Marina Apartments enough! They are in a perfect location on the Marina just a short taxi ride away from the malls, restaurants and clubs. The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful, we arrived at 10 am even though we knew check in was not until 2, we had to wait an hour or so before we were allowed in to our room we were given a complimentary breakfast and upgraded to a deluxe apartment even though we had only booked a one bedroom studio!
The apartment was beautiful, modern and well equipped, we had a view of the marina and the pool from our balcony. Our apartment was cleaned and we were given fresh bedding and towels every day. I will definitely be staying here on my next visit to Dubai and have recommended it to a lot of people as it is such amazing value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends