“Amazing stay!”

Pearl Marina Hotel Apartments
Ranked #198 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed for 6 nights during Ramadan. We arrived late in the evening and were given fresh welcome drink what was very nice after long flight. We had booked studio deluxe but were upgrated to one bedroom apartment which was really huge for 2 people but we just loved it. It was cleaned every day (they even washed up) and 2 complimentary bottles of water a day were more than useful. Staff was very friendly and always smiling, big thanks to all of them. Pool area is not small nor too big. We were swimming at the pool several times but the area was either empty or just few people were sunbathing - thus, lot of place for everyone. However, the most beautiful was the view. Location is quite good. Beach is not so far (15-20 min walking) and is big, clean and full of attractions. Worth visiting even in the evening. All in all, we have had a great time at this hotel thank to attentive staff and we will never foreget anything! Highly recommend! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the Pearl Marina in May 2014 and enjoyed the stay. We were upgraded on arrival to a huge room (had only booked for a double but ended up with a giant family sized apartment with a fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms, three bathrooms and a lounge room) and provided at reception with a welcome drink. The hotel was modern and clean located close to a large supermarket and a 15min walk from the metro. Noise and views could have been better however there is construction going on and this won't be forever.

We found the payment system for the hotel strange as we had to pay part of the cost on bookings.com and the other when we arrived at the hotel. We were confused as to why this was the case but the staff didn't really explain the situation - they simply requested the money and then when asked failed to provide a receipt. In addition the staff didn't help with the wifi even though we called reception twice about having issues.

Overall it was a pleasant stay but they need a better payment system!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views facing away from the construction
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just back from my third stay at the Pearl Marina and i found it to be just as good as previous stays. Polite staff,excellent apartments,large rooms,well equipped kitchen,Tesco supermarket about 100 yards away.Rooms cleaned every day.Free parking in underground car park.There is some construction taking place but it did not affect us.We had apartment 410 and it was very close to the lift.One thing that needs changing are the sunbeds. Not very comfortable.Apart from the sunbeds we had a great holiday.Will go back again.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a marina view.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was very happy with our accomodation. It was a really big apartment, with everyrhing we needed, even a washing machine!
The lounge was very comfortable (probably the best in our 5 week travels).
The A/C worked brilliantly.
The reception staff were always very helpful and polite.
I liked staying away from the main city, the harbour was a little bit more peacful and because the taxi fairs are so cheap, it didn't matter about the distance.
The one thing that we were lacking was somewhere to hang clothes. There is a shower clothes line, but when we washed some clothes in the washing machine and it would have been really good to hang them up. I think all it would need is a clothes horse in the kitchen as there us plenty of room for one, and that would have completed our stay.
All in all, I was very happy with the price and the apartment.
A good place to stay with a family too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenMBunburyWA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The room was horrid.
I normally pride myself on getting the best deal my money can buy. I normally walk into the room knowing exactly what I am going to get. This was not the case.

For starters, the room was putrid with smoke. In all floors of the hotel only one floor is a non-smoking floor and this was certainly not it. I hadn’t even thought to ask for non-smoking. I am surprised they would still allow smoking in the room but their was an ashtray in nearly every room including the bathroom. For those not from Australia this is something that you don’t see and probably haven’t seen since the 80s. The smell was nauseating and hard to escape as it was even in the couch.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment was the view. My main reason for booking was for the marina or pool views. My view was… well… dust… construction and dirt! It was horrible… So horrible I will admit I cried. Where had I gone wrong? I sent my husband down to see if we could swap even but all two bedroom units don’t come with views (hmmmm I am still finding this hard to believe as I re-read forum posts and looked at the layouts of the doors). Sure they might not have great views but they had balconies not overlooking dust. I even saw a family wave from a balcony overlooking the pool. Is it sad that this room disappointment probably lasted the good part of the day and every time we went to the pool or breakfast I was reminded of my mistake. I would never have booked this place if I new I was getting this.

Their were some positives. Two bedrooms plus a lounge which was huge. A pool which overlooked the marina (reminded me of the view I didn’t have). Complimentary breakfast (although when is breakfast ever really complimentary). And the service was pretty much five star. Our airport transport drivers and breakfast waiters deserve a special mention.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night:

Pros:
Friendly staff, underground parking, great view of the marina (if you get a 1 bedroom!), close to grocery store

Cons:
We tried to leave but the management did their best to make us comfortable because the bed was soooo hard and the room lacked any character. Pool is small and very warm, If you book a 2 bedroom you're looking at a construction site, very plain furnishings, hard bed, only 1 English channel, paint peeling off in the apartment

With all the choices in Dubai, this one is far behind the others.

Room Tip: Get a 1 bedroom otherwise be ready to look at an ugly construction site. 2 bedrooms look at the con...
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great staff, accommodating, always friendly .
Clean room . Near Carrefour, restaurants , overlooking the Marina.
It's quite hard to find the hotel though, especially if you're not local and driving guided by only the GPS. We could see the hotel building from the main road but was having a hard time figuring out which roads/ alleys to take. Not the hotel's fault of course. We'd come back again for the hospitality and clean room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple