“BEWARE ! Refurbishment”

Ranked #451 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“BEWARE ! Refurbishment”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

After successfully making a reservation on booking.com, unsuccessfully have I managed to check-in. Reason why? Refurbishment was taking place. Literally the building was destroyed. I've been offered alternative reservation in the hotel opposite ( lower standards for the same price ) . I was very angry with the fact that I have never been notified about that. So at the end, I have ended up sitting in their outlet for an hour, waiting for alternative accommodation to be offered. Unfortunately, not even one member of staff offered me even glass of water... Anyway, please be aware of that hotel even when the refurbishment is finished.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Andy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I would just like to bring to your attention the following, if you intend booking at this hotel.After days of research, I decided to book at this hotel on 12 Aug 2012, for 4 days in Dec.I have recently been informed that the refurbishment will not be completed and that they want to put me in the AURIS. It does not seem like an upgrade to me, neither do they want to consider adding breakfast as an "upgrade".Seems like their hotel courtesy/hospitality is lacking -such a pity.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank FredaV
Paul E, Manager at Boutique 7 Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip adviser.

I am very sorry that we had to book you out due to the hotels refurbishment, But as i am sure you seen ( you were booked out to a Hotel opposite ) the hotel was not ready to receive guest, again please except my apologies, for having to book you out, I hope you will return to us again and should you do so please contact myself to make your booking and i will personally insure your stay with us is a great one and that you are upgraded to a superior room.

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just to let you know about the horrendous experience with thier On duty - Security officer – Mr. James .We had taken an offer from Groupon , we had booked a Family Suite on 21st June 2012 for 12 people for a get together, Check –In being Thursday @ 2.00pm & Check – Out being Friday @ 2.00pm.

Being a working day our group had Checked in at around 9.00pm to start a delightful experience with Boutique 7. We had booked the room as part of deal that was available for a group of 12 to party till the early hours! With the start of the party at around 11.00pm & putting the young ones off to bed we had started the party with some light music & beverages on the floor. To our surprise around 2.30 am we get a disrespectful bang at the door from your Security Personnel – Mr. James. He banged the door with no courtesy whatsoever(Considering he was from the hospitality industry we expected a little decency). We was forcefully told to keep the door open , only 4 people in the room & a threat to call the cops to address this issues. We were shocked for a while since we could not understand what happened.we had not been given any warnings prior or a gentle reminder to reduce volume in order to maintain the decorum of the entire property , which we would have respectfully considered looking at the entire guest of the hotel. We tried to speak to Mr. James on being polite , but rather we felt that he discriminated all of us thinking we were all Indians & this the way we should be treated.

As soon as we were approached , the volume of music was reduced with a clear intention of respecting the hotel policies & guidelines .But it does not stop here as we felt that this should be surely reported to the higher officials at the property to make Mr. James aware about his approach which is far from acceptable & so on to the duty manager addressing the issue. We made serious & polite efforts to Mr. James in the reception lobby to rectify on the service damage done to the entire hotel , but all in vain with no – signs of regret or apology. With all this embarrassment , we had no choice left but to vacate the room at a untimely point of night with our kids, considering it has a nightmare & never to return to your hotel at any given point of time.

To Add on,

Internet - My pet tortoise is faster!
Service & F&B - Terrible and excessively over priced!
Room Cleanliness - BAD
Decor & Furniture - My Grandfather had better furniture!

Room Tip: Just don't take a room! save yourself the embarrasment
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Navin N
Paul E, Manager at Boutique 7 Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Guest

As you are aware i am the new General Manager of the hotel and i did send you a letter, apologizing to you regarding the situation that occurred when you stayed at the hotel.

It was clear from the start of your stay with us that that it wasn't going to be a good one from your or our point of view, when your arrived with two great big speakers and a mixing deck to play music on in the room.

During your stay with us you was asked to turn down the sound as you had woken up several other guests at 2am,
And yes i did look at the CCTV and yes i can see my duty manager going to your room on four occasions.

you were made aware that if you did not comply with the hotel and turn down the volume you would be asked to leave and we would call the police.

I am sorry that we had to take such action but you were told on several occasions.

And i do agree with you it was terrible that you had small children with you, I would have thought that you would have complied to my duty managers wishes even more, We had a number of guest complaining about the noise level and we have to into account all our guest and understand that they wish for a peaceful night and a happy stay
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at the Boutique 7 as a family of 6 with 3 infants and rented a 3 br for 12 nights. Upon check in we were upgraded so that was a plus and that was about the only main plus.
We came to attend a relative's wedding so would only be in the rooms to change, manage the kids and sleep. Everything else was outside.

Summary:

PROS
- Good to stay if you want to be near Springs/Greens area. Very close to main Sheikh Zayed Road
- Price is good IF you are a large group splitting costs amongst yourselves
- Valet staff are very nice and friendly. We had rented two cars so they helped bring them up from parking

CONS
- Bad room service food quality. The bolognaise and fish and chips were full of oil and tasted off
- Door cards stopped working frequently so you had to go up and down to get them fixed
- Hotel is not accommodative in guest's stay duration - we had to reduce our trip by one day but they still charged us original amount
- Had to keep asking for room service to clean our rooms
- No cutlery or kitchen supplies even though they give you a full kitchen
- Bathroom showers not working properly
- Housekeeping doing a very poor job with restocking and even cleaning up rooms
- No wireless internet. Only wired and even for that we had to call a technician
- Very poor TV services. Everything was connected to a computer and the remote had a built in mouse that would refuse to work properly
- Ongoing construction kept everyone awake at night
- Elevators were veeery slow for some reason
- Minibar is almost non-existent

Room Tip: It depends on the number of guests you
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Imran T
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Not the best hotel I have been in! The service was in average and the furniture were dated! To take a taxi was difficult! You have a whole kitchen but no plates ecc.
Won't go there again!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Grethe43
Saarbrucken, Germany
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Hi all,

I am regularly coming to Dubai for business travel. I stayed at many different hotels there. This was beside the Golden Tulip Suites (Emirates Mall) the worst hotel. I stayed two times there within two weeks as I had two short travels. The company I worked for booked the hotel.

Check-in:

When I arrived the hassle started already. Please don’t think that there was anybody when I left the taxi and entered the hotel. I had quite a lot of luggage so I went inside to call someone. Then I went to the reception. They told me that I have to pay the hotel directly. Friendly I showed the receptionist the confirmation where it says that the stay will be booked on the company account. I also asked for a non smoking room and a king size bed. Without any comments I got the key to my room.

Room:
When I entered the AC was set to 17°C so I thought I entered a fridge. After switching off the AC I entered the sleeping room. The room had a twin size bed and not King size. Would not really bother me, but the size of the bed was 80 cm or even a little less than that. I was afraid when I turn I would fall out of it.

The bathroom was very old and there was a little mold on the wall and rust on the door. The bath tube looked dirty but it was just very old.

The kitchen was not equipped at all. Not even a spoon, fork or knife. No plate etc. just nothing.

Internet:
You have to disconnect the phone from the Ethernet plug in the wall and connect your laptop there (if you have a Ethernet cable with you). The Internet is free but very slow (average 40-60 kb/s)

Minibar:
The highlight was the minibar. There was none. There were about 4 cans in total of sprite, coke, soda in the fridge and two small orange juices. But please don't think that anybody bothered to refill the minibar during the cleaning the room in the morning. Complaining to the reception and room service didn’t bring any result. They simply wouldn’t bother to refill it during both stays!

Checkout: Please bring lots of time with you when you check out. I nearly missed my flight as they are taking ages to check the minibar (they send someone to the room) and print the receipt.

Two days after my first stay my company received an email in a very bad tone, why I just left the hotel without checking out. The email written by the manager said that they were surprised where I went as my bags would have also gone. And that it is good business practice that someone checks out and not just leaves the hotel. My colleague forwarded me that email. I simply told her to ask them who paid the minibar and the food I ordered to the room when I didn’t ;-) - of course I checked out and had the invoice for the extras as well in my pocket.

When I then arrived for the second stay I complained about it and the woman at the reception said: "Yes we know it was our mistake. The guy who checked you out is an idiot". I was speechless.

Taxi:
As I was in a hurry I asked the concierge to please organize a taxi. He said ok. When I came to the door, The guy didn’t even bother to go on the street to stop one. He simply stood at the door and was waving to the taxis, hoping someone would see him. I rushed outside and stopped one myself.

All this shows the status of this hotel. If there would be anything positive I would tell you. Simply there is not. I told my company to never, never book it again.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mena_Traveller
Mumbai
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is a very good hotel / apt rental place. The staff was curtious to give us a free upgrade to 3 BHK suite. Rooms were quite neat. The kitchen had all aminities which we did not use as was on a business trip. The aminities in the Rooms were quite enough and well managed. The hotel has couple of restaurants and cafe in-house will was good. Subway and KFC were right across the street. The hotel is around 3-5 mins from the metro station, which was really helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business