“Crowne Plaza, Dubai, Sk. Zayed Road”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai

Crowne Plaza Dubai
Ranked #138 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Crowne Plaza, Dubai, Sk. Zayed Road”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

It's been a wonderful experience for me at the hotel. Staff extremely friendly and very helpful. On arrival I was directed to Guest relations officer and on providing the Priority club membershipo number was also upgraded to an excellent room (even withou my asking).
Room is excellent and morning breakfast included in teh charge was superb. Rates are also very reasonable.
I will recommend all to consider this hotel in their next trip - for both families or singles.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear “Jamil A”,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a most complimentary and detailed review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are so happy that you had a wonderful time with us. It was a pleasure to note your comments that our “staff are extremely friendly and very helpful”, and that we have “excellent rooms”.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Dubai and we do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

General Manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Just back from 3 nights here. The hotel is excellent with comfortable, modern rooms, decent bathrooms etc very typical of all the decent Dubai hotels. Better wi-fi than most. There are several excellent options for dining including Wagamama , Barbera café, an Italian restaurant and an English Pub. We went to pub during the champions league semi final . we were a mixed group and had good fun during the match . at first we had trouble in getting a table (we were told that we are not able to reserve as the outlet will be busy during the match , still when we get there we found a table with a reserve sign! )but Mr.Emad rushed to help us and managed to get a table for us..we really had a wonderful recovery by Emad and excellent service by Guen.
We had a drink in Oscars which is decorated as a French style wine bar and the service was ok as well ,Buffet breakfast was vast with a huge choice of delicious food.
Overall experience was very good and I will highly recommend this hotel for both work and leisure stays.

Room Tip: try all the food and beverage choices
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear “love t”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai here on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled to hear that you had a “very good” stay overall. We are so happy to note your feedback about the rooms and the outlets. We appreciate you commending Emad & Guen for the excellent service. We will definitely share your feedback with our management & staff.
Again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

London
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I am Mr Baig, responsible for conducting hotel inspections for an airline in the Middle East and in 2005 recommended this hotel for airline crew , hence, feel I will provide Trip Advisor readers with an unbiased feedback.
I have just returned from a vacation at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Dubai. I have been to this hotel 12 or 13 times throughout the years, with at least 60 nights stay, often arriving early in the morning to have my room awaiting me, the check in is smooth at main reception and on the executive floor. I can honestly say this hotel is my home away from home.
It has improved it’s service throughout the years, with renovation of it’s Executive lounge a few years ago, creating more space, which provides a great ambiance, better products and service are second to none, excellent hot breakfast in the lounge, with sumptuous canapés, drinks, internet access and facilities exceeding expectations.
The property is located at the heart of Sheikh Syed Road, it has several superb restaurants, bars, coffee shop and even a quaint pub to suit all budgets, it is located above fast food outlets, other good quality restaurant outlets and even has a great night club (Zinc) with complimentary access if one is residing at the hotel. Within the whole complex, there are boutiques and grocery stores available within a 5 minute walk.
In Dubai, there are now excellent infrastructure enhancement with the Dubai Metro, about 10 minutes away, which can take you to shopping Malls and most parts of Dubai.
The Hotel gymnasium has several cardio vascular machines, Sauna, weight training equipment and free weights. The swimming pool is located outside above the reception level (I think on the 3rd Floor) with superb views of Dubai.
As I have been frequenting this hotel regularly, I must commend, Ms. Kate Simmonds, Mr. George Hachem and Ms. Rania Keedy, from the management team, some have left and gone onto other ventures. They have always gone that extra mile to ensure my stay has been remarkable with professionalism and honest conduct, with absolutely no complaints, an asset to the Intercon. group.
The staff do all they can to make my stay exceptionally comfortable, indeed, I have travelled on business with colleagues and vacationed with friends and all have complimented me on recommending this hotel and all have experienced the level of service I am referring to. Moreover, I have many examples of excellent customer service reported to me or I have seen with others.
On most occasions I have been upgraded to the glorious “Captain Suite”, which is spacious, clean, with sofas in the seating area, coffee table, comfortable large bed, mini bar, safe, tea coffee making facilities, 2 bottled water, replenished daily, TV with a range of international channels, good English movie channels, exotic fruit bowl, internet access (at a charge), luxurious amenities, with bath tub and shower, Hotel slippers and Bathroom robe. The service and products available at this hotel have been impeccable, with great emphasis on an excellent experience and customer satisfaction.
The only constructive feedback I would give is that some rooms have been slightly worn and may be in need of a face lift and house keeping be available when convenient to the guest.
I have booked my next stay at the CP from 16th May to 19th May with a double club room and am sure the management team will do all possible to provide me with a comfortable stay and my usual Captain Suite, especially as it is an anniversary celebration.

I would advise readers to give this hotel a try and am sure it will not be your last.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Baig,
We are so glad to hear that you found our service “impeccable” and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience at your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai here on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read the very detailed comments and the positive aspects of your stay such as the “smooth check in”, “better products and service second to none Executive Lounge”, “several superb restaurants” and a lot more compliments.
Kate Simmonds, George Hachem and Rania Keedy no longer work with Crowne Plaza Dubai however rest assured that the management still go extra mile to ensure the comfort of our valuable guests like you.
We are happy that our staff managed to make your stay to be always exceptionally comfortable, same with your colleagues & friends. We appreciate you recommending us further always. Being your home away from home and delivering customer satisfaction is one of our great mission and we are so delighted that we were able to achieve it on this occasion.
While taking into consideration your comment about the rooms, we are having several phases of renovation which will soon include the bedroom upgrade.
Thank you once again for recommending us. We look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Nice hotel - good loaction, Sheikh Zayed road very noisy.

Second stay and would stag again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear “Alan B”,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai here on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and we are happy that we were able to get your trust to stay with us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

On Shk Zayed road which means a taxi to beach, attractions and anywhere else, or the metro which is just down the road. Rooms are comfortable and a couple of nice touches like sleep scents and Molton Brown toiletries. Breakfast was good with lots of selection including crispy bacon!! If you are staying as a guest they have Zinc nightclub downstairs which you can get in free which is pretty good. Harvesters pub is a bit smoky and "old Dubai" style but ok. Only downsides were reception a little slow for check in, lifts are a bit slow and when you move out your room in the morning you will immediately be asked if they can make up the room. I had to pop out 3 times before 10am and was asked every time despite do not disturb sign which was a little much. Otherwise a solid hotel and you could do a lot worse.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from lifts as they still have an old fashioned ding which will drive you crazy i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear “Bill P”,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are happy that you enjoyed our location, rooms, breakfast, Zinc & Harvester’s. You may want to try on your next visit Sakura Japanese Restaurant or Al Fresco Italian – both were nominated at Time Out Restaurants Awards 2012. Also our wine bar Oscar’s has been recently re launched and you may want to give it a try.
We are sorry to hear about your experience at check in and housekeeping. We will share it with the management & staff to avoid this from happening in the future.
Again thank you & we look forward to welcoming you back.

Crownsville
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was visiting mainly to participate in a 3-day professional meeting held fairly nearby. The room I was in was not a luxury suite, but it was more than adequate in size, conveniences and arrangement. The hotel was conveniently located near every service and retail establishment that I needed during my stay, and every one of the staff members with whom I interacted was extremely helpful and courteous. In addition to all this, the price was quite fair. The room was kept clean and the restaurants in and near the hotel ranged widely in their offerings, covering many more choices than I needed. There were some small renovations in progress, but I was not at all bothered by the process nor related noises. I did not use either the spa nor the swimming pool, so I can offer no comments about them. This was my first trip to Dubai, but I would very gladly stay in this hotel on any future visit.

Room Tip: A room at least two spaces away from the elevators would reduce disturbance from others' comings...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear “Harold H”
We are happy that you gave us top score on sleep quality & service and that you found your over all stay with us deserving for your next visit.
Thank you for your comments in particular to the “room’s adequate size, convenience and arrangement”, “convenient location”, “helpful & courteous staff”, “fair price”, and “wide variety of restaurants”.
On your next visit please try our newly renovated fitness centre - Crowne Fitness.
We appreciate your cooperation for some ongoing renovation to help improve our products & services.
Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best Regards,
Europe
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times and only after complaining to the GM did things change drastically, the main road is chaos and noisy at night and it is a compact hotel about to go under a 4 year renovation. Staff turn over is very high and thus it shows on the service. I feel sorry for the Management here as it must feel like a loosing battle. Once renovated, it can only get better. Internet in rooms is constantly crashing and best thing about this hotel is the pool and Gym.

Room Tip: Cross your fingers and toes as that is the luck of the draw with all the rooms here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear “saintpj”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations.
Our hotel will be having several phases of renovation which will also include bedroom upgrade in the near future. We are continuously upgrading our facilities & services to meet our guests’ expectations.
Please note that your feedback will not go unnoticed and will be shared with the management & staff. We welcome any constructive feedback as this enables us to address any flaws as we strive to continually enhance the service and experience we deliver.
We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so that we can provide you with a more complete experience.