“Amazing Location, Amazing Clubs & Restaurants, Amazing Service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai

Crowne Plaza Dubai
Ranked #137 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing Location, Amazing Clubs & Restaurants, Amazing Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and all I can say is "Simply Luxurious".

I became an IHG member before planning my trip and once I arrived, I got an amazing service. I had an early check-in and I was upgraded to a luxurious room, got free beer and wine vouchers.

The staff is very friendly, attentive and gave a good service. The room was clean, big and spacious with all amenities.

Close by to Emirates Tower Metro Station and well connected to the major malls. Many restaurants (McDonalds, KFC, Subway, Tim Hortons etc etc) are at a stones throw.

In-house restaurants are good and has Zinc(club) and Harvesters Pub as well. Has a decent size pool and health club.

All in all, for the price. location and service, its a great deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and the main road side view. You will love it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Navien S
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear “Navien S”,
We are pleased to read your wonderful review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai and thank you for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your comments about our staff, room and amenities, location, restaurants, pool & health club.
We are delighted that you had an amazing stay overall.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
General Manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel after recommendation from a friend and reading reviews online. We asked for a high room overlooking the road with twin beds,This was no problem at check-in and we were upgraded immediately although it was the low season.The room was very good,spacious and had everything we needed including two double beds The introductory letter from the GM stated that thy wanted to exceed expectation in every category and they did especially regarding room and staff who were without exception friendly helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The only criticisms I could have are that coffee at the excellent breakfast was American filtered style and having just come from Europe was not so good and the house wine at the seafood night (which was excellent and worth the cost) was not great and I didn't see a wine list there. I would definitely stay here again as the cost was reasonable and the experience pleasant

Room Tip: Choose high floor overlooking the raod
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Frenchie0209
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear “Frenchie0209”,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are glad that our staff managed to exceed your expectation. Thank you for your comments about your check in experience and friendly staff.
We also have noted your feedback about the coffee and house wine. It will be shared with the management team.
Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

You should try Trader Vic's .Quiet and relaxing early week-buzzing on a Thursday.Great band,friendly staff and the lady manager-a very friendly Cuban knows how to run the show.Great location, Metro is close to hotel. Avoid when there is any major exhibition @ WTC.

Room Tip: Just ask for a low level room-away from elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear “Hugh”,
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
We are happy that you were able to try and enjoy Trader Vic’s.
We hope to welcome you back soon and enjoy other more award winning restaurants within the hotel building.
Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

As I am a loyal member to the IHG so I do my best just to stay at one of their hotels chain. I stayed at Crowne Plaza for one night it was really great one, been upgraded automatically and offered some vouchers since i am a gold member and Ambassador. So all in all was perfect and nothing to complaint about it. The only thing, I need to raise it when I did check in I didn't see the Ambassador and the member counter so I went to their normal counter a nice lady asked me about my reservation till this moment she didn't have any idea that I am a member so she was like not so happy even to talk to me, once I show out my golden card I saw new person treating me in different way with a very big smile and great welcoming !! I was really surprised I think this is part of the hospitality and nothing to do with the membership, at the end all of us we are paying money for this night and we should be treated equally in terms of greeting the customer. Being a member means you will be offered different service in terms of flexibility in upgrade, late check out etc but has nothing to do with the face to face interaction !!

Room Tip: stay at top floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear “roubey”,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
Thank you for choosing us and for your loyalty to IHG.
We greatly appreciate you bringing to our attention the experience you had during your check in. Please note that it will not go unnoticed but will be shared with the management and staff. Rest assured that this is not the usual service Crowne Plaza Dubai has been known for.
In the mean time, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

i am afrequent visitor to the same hotel i like all aspect of this hotel ,one thing must be attended by the managment ,aspecial treat to the frequent visitor and members which seems the reciption are not aware of ,secondley the prices mustbe looked at again comparison to other simillar hotels, best rooms are swiming pool side

Room Tip: i am afrequent visitor to the same hotel i like all aspect of this hotel ,one thing must be attended...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
2 Thank malalla
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear “malalla”,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai here on Tripadvisor.
Please note that your comments will not go unnoticed but will be shared with the management and staff.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My first stay at Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed road was in late 2010.
Since that very first stay I felt I was at home. It has been 4 years now and I always stay at Crowne Plaza every time I visit Dubai (4 times/year).
It is by far the best hotel with the greatest customer service and most friendly staff!
In my job line, I frequently travel on a monthly basis for short business trips all around the MEA region and I would highly recommend Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road to anyone who is a frequent traveler at his work.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and the wifi is free and has an excellent strength in every corner of the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank el_kahi_nazir
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear “el_kahi_nazir”,
Thank you for your continuous support with Crowne Plaza Dubai and for sharing your review here on Tripadvisor.
We greatly appreciate your comments about the staff and customer service. I will be delighted to share it with the management team and colleagues.
Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hôtel is one of the first on sheikh zayed road. Its location is very good, near the city center, the convention center And the Dubaï mall (with burj khalifa). The hôtel is old but the rooms And the facilities are still ok. The staff is very friendly And helpfull, professional too. The food is ok. The best is the italian restaurant And the asian wagamama. They have a good night club but some lower floor rooms could be noisy because of it. Good choice for a business hotel. Not the best of you are with family And childrens.

Room Tip: Hi Level rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hadi J
Crowne Plaza D, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear “Hadi J”,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Dubai.
Thank you for your comments about the hotel’s location, staff and facilities. We are delighted that you were able to try and experience Al Fresco and Wagamama.
As you have mentioned, the hotel is centrally located making us an ideal location for business travelers as well as for leisure.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.