“Very nice hotel in a good location”

Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai
Ranked #293 of 564 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown for 3 nights before sailing out of Dubai.
Check-in was quick and easy, our room was a standard room on the 6th floor and was clean and tidy, noise in general wasn't a problem.
Staff were very friendly.
Alcohol and Internet were expensive. There was no in room safe, but there were security deposit box's at reception.
Didn't eat at the hotel, so cannot comment, but if you are looking for value for money breakfast try the Golden Fork.
Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BnRPerth
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers in choosing whether to stay at our hotel.

I was happy to read your positive feedback about our hotel and shall pass on your inspiring comments to the team.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stay very often at hotels of the Holiday Inn/Intercontinental group and have to say that this is the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at in terms of service without a doubt. Very friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located next to Al Rigga metro station, close to the Creek and the old(er) part of the city. I really recommend to take a watertaxi across the creek to the zouks there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Wderks

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I've been there in May , v.clean Hotel, good Service, nice rooms, and good location.
Breakfast need a little improvements but it is fair.
Girls in the lobby bar are friendly :)
Price is cheap comparing to a 4starts hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohannad-Baker

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I enjoyed the hotel stay
I liked the security men and their determination
Old hotel furniture
But beautiful hotel near the site of shops and restaurants

Room Tip: Rooms above the best
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank abdul a

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've been staying in the Hotel for a short vacation with my friend. Honestly, I didn't expect to receive such a great service, a well selected and trained staff, tasty and fresh food. Room was always cleaned well, fresh towels and bedlinen, didn't need to leave tips for housekeeping to have it all :) The Hotel location also brings a great value to it as it is just in the middle of downtown, so anything you need to get is just in two steps away from accommodation! But if you need to move to another area, there is a subway station nearby.
Maybe this is not the best Hotel to stay is, but we did enjoy it too much, especially the price we paid to have ALL we've got! Coming back soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frequent V
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

24th April, 2012

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn for business as well as vaction at least 5 night every 3-4 month over a period covering at least 4 years. With its location off of the main road, in a busy portion of town, you may be intially taken aback. Once inside the kind professional staff provide exemplary service. Am not sure what room rberaiki stayed in but, the rooms I have stayed in were always fresh and clean. Sure by Western as well as Dubai standards some of the rooms are smaller than you would like...if that is a consideration PAY A LITTLE EXTRA AND GET THE EXECUTIVE ROOM! It is worth it. In addition to the staff, the location is ideal for business travellers. Shopping and Metro are within 2 minutes walk. If the night life interests you, you do not have to leave the hotel! I must agree that it is not the MOST kid friendly hotel, but each time my family accompanied me they had a wonderful time....the little time they actually spent in the room. a resort it is not. A good, clean, value with staff that goes above the call of duty...it is.

I can afford to stay pretty much where I want in Dubai, but I always choose this Holiday Inn

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

24th April, 2012

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great location close to airport close to metro and close to city.

I arrived at 08.00 but they checked me in no problem meaning I didn't have to wait 6 hours wifi and breakfast was free with my gold membership along with a room upgrade.

Room was normal holiday inn, clean quiet, comfortable with big bathroom and powerful shower.

Rooftop pool was deserted and gave me nice chance to recharge.

Good buffet lunch was 50 UAE and great little cafe on main st by metro (automatic cafeteria) did super shwarma and fresh orange juice for 40 UAE.

Dubai mall is 6 or so metro stops away (16 uae return) and I will definitely stay again at this well priced gem where service was superb!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business