When arriving to the hotel we were greeted by the valet personal, bags were brought in, concierge greeted us, it was a very welcoming experience. My friend and i stayed in a room with 2 double size beds, nice bathroom, bar, a balcony with a view of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid's billboard, the room was great and very clean. The hotel was nice and the location was pretty sweet, just a few steps away from the water-taxis and right across the street from the main terminal for the subway/metro.
There were a couple things that irritated me and made my friend feel a little uncomfortable... After settling into our room a house-keeping personnel knocked on the door once, proceeded to unlock the door before i could respond and walked right into the room (i was about to take a shower and my friend was sprawled out half naked on a bed... awkward). The guy had good intentions though, he introduced himself, showed us the the bar and how the lights in the room worked, but still...
THEN we paid for our room with debt card which was completely fine according to the check in staff. Keep in mind it is now 2:30AM, a different house-keeping guy knocks on our door, proceeds to unlock it as i am about to open it and then says he needs to take the bar. So he comes in and takes everything in the fridge. I am completely fine with them taking the bar since they charged the full stay when we checked inn, but it is obscene to think that its ok to walk into a guest room (with sleeping guest in it) in the middle of the night. And no we were not going to drink all the juice and bale after our stay.
THEN, we come back from out adventure in Dubai and my friend notices that the door is open. There is no housekeeping in site but at least the room is clean. At this point im questioning the hotel in my head, and my friend is becoming paranoid thinking they're looking for "something". The next morning i purposely slam the door making sure its locked... we come back and the same thing happens... Other than that there was just a clog in the bathtub and the pool was under construction. they quickly sent a their engineer up and he quickly fixed the clog, and who needs a pool when you've got the gulf (the water is so nice).
Im definitely not staying in this hotel again because i feel that there is a lack of privacy and professionalism. It's unfortunate because the price is right, and like i said the location was great.
But maybe you will have a different experience...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury hotel in the heart of Dubai’s bustling business, leisure and shopping districts, The Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek offers 276 rooms, all with private and furnished balconies with fabulous outlets all under one roof. With thirteen meeting rooms including two ballrooms that can accommodate up to 1,500 guests, the hotel is ideal for small meetings and large conferences and weddings.The hotel is just 7 km from the Dubai International Airport and 300 m from the Union Metro Station and offers easy access to all of the city’s attractions and entertainment and is also located a short walk from the famous gold and spice souqs and minutes by taxi from the famous City Center shopping mall. The 24-hour Fitness Club features an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court, two squash courts, a fully-equipped gym with sauna, steam rooms and massage rooms. We place great importance on guest service and offer Concierge Services, One Touch Service for all your service needs at the touch of a button, Express Check-Out and Late Check-Out, 3 Hour Express Laundry and others to ensure your stay with us is memorable. The hotel offers free high-speed internet access in all rooms for room guests as well as in all meeting rooms for meeting delegates. Wireless internet access is also available in selected public areas within the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek Hotel Dubai
- Radisson Dubai
- Dubai Radisson
- Radisson Sas Dubai Deira Creek