“My usual Dubai hotel stumbles”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
Ranked #130 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Jugon-les-Lacs, France
“My usual Dubai hotel stumbles”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

When taking in a hotel in Dubai during the last 5 years, with no room at the villa, I have more often than not stayed at the Radisson Blu Deira. I liked the choice of restaurants, the reliability of Radisson, the comfort and professionalism, and the sport club and pool. I love the Asian fusion restuarant 'Yum' and go there regularly. I also like to go shopping at the camping/ hunting shop across the street before flying to Kazakhstan - which I often do. The staff were great and Deira has been as often as not convenient for my meetings. However, I have now been assured for what must be 9+ months that the pool will be repaired within the month. It is exceptionally irritating to be told when booking that the hotel has a pool when in fact the pool has been shut for almost a year. The Business centre is not particularly great, but works.

This used to be my top choice in Dubai for value, but without the pool that is no longer true. I have to say though that the view is still great looking out over the Creek. The business lounge on the higher floors is also great, but despite having spent a fortune on Radisson hotels over the years I never seem to be given access.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bruce G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jordan
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Very nice hotel although it is old but they have great staff with nice facilities in the room, very clean room, huge variety of good restaurants over there. Our room was sea view (breathtaking), breakfast was amazing .. I highly recommend this hotel ... I was there in March 2009

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank RoubaSammour
Adelaide
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Went here for the New Years Eve 'gala dinner'. Supposedly six restaurants presenting their dishes to choose from.

Quantity not quality would be the best way to describe it. Very average quality, cheap buffet food. 500+ dirs a head??? You must be joking. My expectations were high after reading the promo but sadly it was a blatant rip off.

I have never before spent so much money and been so shockingly disappointed.

Sitting in a mostly empty restaurant, the music had only just started and was way too loud. Over-cooked chewy seafood, & bright pink raw under roasted meat. Annoying cold drafts from the door to the outside area that was continuously open and shut.

I won't be coming back.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank borat_123
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek is located on the main road along the creek in Deira (Bani Yas Road). Time to / from the airport by taxi is less than 15 minutes, Bur Dubai 15 minutes, Sheikh Zayed Road 15 minutes, Jumairah Beaches about 25 minutes.
The Radisson provides a huge variety of good to excellent restaurants, among them two japanese restaurants, an italian, a chinese, a buffet restaurant and the wonderful 'fish market'. Also some bars (one with live music) and a nightclub ('Ku-Bu') are in the house. The nightclub is a clear recommendation for everyone who is looking for company.
The rooms are spacy enough, have a balkony and are well equipped, e.g. with an espresso machine. Bathrooms are not really spacy but have everything you would expect in a 5-star hotel.
Cleanliness in all areas is perfect just like the service provided by the friendly staff. It was not a problem to store most of my cumbersome luggage in the hotel for several days when I urgently had to travel to another country. When I returned the luggage was already standing in the room that was prepared for me. Thumbs up!
I had several stays in the Radisson in 2012 and was never disapointed. This hotel can be recommended to everyone who is looking for a centrally located hotel with superb service, good (yet not overwhelming) rooms and a numerous options for dining.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors towards 17th street are quieter. Rooms towards Bani Yas Road offer a perfect...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank zf34bu8q
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Location is great, right on the side of the Creek in the Deira. Its close to the hustle and bustle of the Gold Souks and a 2minute walk to the Union Metro Station.

The design of the hotel is 70's resort style on the outside but inside it's classical luxury. Each room (seems to) have a balcony affording some sort of view of the creek. Upon arrival we let the valet take care of the car (parking is free) and went to check in. We had to wait around 30-45mins for our room as we arrived early, a little frustrating but as it was NYE it was busy and the reception staff we excellent and very friendly. We had booked a Royal Club room so check in was on the 10th floor with great views of the creek from the Royal Club Lounge.

The room itself was good. We had a twin single room which was a bit disappointing as we were expecting twin doubles but the beds were extremely comfortable with great quality sheets and pillows. Good view of the creek from the balcony. I'd reccommend rooms on the south side as opposed to the north because I think the views would be better and lighter. Higher up the better. Bathroom was okay, quite small but functional. Good amenity kit. The room is a nice santuary from the heat and traffic of Dubai itself. The pool was closed for maintainence on our visit (though they didnt seem to be doing much with it?) we were advised we could use the Sheraton pool area up the road but in the end we didnt bother and went to the beach instead.

The Royal club lounge serves breakfast and snacks at set times. It's waiter service which although friendly was a little slow at times. I think this was more to do with how busy the hotel was as opposed to lack of service. Still, I think a couple more waiters would have been a good idea. I still prefer lounges where you can just help youself throughout the day. On our last day we were asked to use the buffet downstairs as the lounge was full. This buffet had a much bigger selection than the one in the loung and you only miss out on the stunning view of the creek.

Overall its a good hotel. It reminds me of a very good 4 star resort hotel as opposed to an all out luxury 5* but its not at all disappointing, certainly more of a 'classical luxury' as opposed to modern and chic but the excellent service and friendly staff should be commended as they do a sterling job.

Room Tip: Higher up, on the south side would be better. (I think)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bjam F
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2012

All around excellent experience. Clean safe, friendly, first class, pool was closed for repairs which was the only (but necessary)negative that I can think of. Limo's and cabs were readily available, safe area to walk and shop in. Not near the beach if that's what you need though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul A
NYC
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I visited in Dec 2012. We were overwhelmed by the extraordinary service (particularly from Messrs, Ahmed and Visser, at the front desk), the nice rooms, and excellent breakfasts. We give this hotel our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: Our room faced Deira Creek, which was lovely at night
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple