“Room for improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #162 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Zurich, Switzerland
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stay at this hotel because of it's great location next to the world trade centre. The rooms are ok, but need to be refurbished. The service level lags behind other Dubai hotels. In short an OK stay, but not more...

1 Thank globilax
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Greetings from Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

Your feedback is highly appreciated and your comments have been taken on board as constructive suggestions to improve our services and offerings. We are pleased to inform you that a full maintenance program is in place for product enhancement.

Our guest observations are paramount to us. We thank you for all your comments and we would like to assure you that anything brought to our notice is treated with care and attention it deserves. In this way, we hope to ameliorate any areas which our guests feel may need improvement.

Email address: H5261-AM@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed there as it was about 10 min taxi ride from airport.We had a booked a room and requested the kids bed be made up on arrival as it would be after midnight and we would stay for about 6 hrs and get some sleep and a shower.Our flight was delayed 1.5hrs and on arrival we found that the kids bed wasn't made up and delated our sleep time even longer.
Everything seemed to be clean as we only had short nap and shower..
Taxi ride about 50 DER $13 AUD each way.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Greetings from Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Located at the entrance of the WT Center, great location. Rooms ok. One thing unacceptable for a Accor hotel is to charge for internet 22 euros a day for one device for a speed of 512 Download and 256 upload, if you charge that much you should get a much faster speed. Now days it is free almost anywhere Beware of the limousine in front of the hotel, I asked for a Taxi. The staff pointed me to a man white shirt black pants , i don t think he works for the hotel, The answer was sorry no taxi available but you can take a limousine it is 50 AED,a taxi will be around 45 AED, ok fine. Arrived at my destination within 10 minutes no traffic the driver asked me for 55 AED then mention it was on the meter, but meter was shutdown, on the way back i took a Taxi 30 minutes drive with traffic it cost 35 AED. Same story to go back to the Airport. Someone might prefer to close his eyes or face local scammer. Breakfast was fine. The hilight of my stay was the restaurant, incredible dinner buffet one of the best Novotel Restaurant I ever experienced, food, quality. Overall nice hotel, nice staff.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 15 May 2013

Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

If you are attending an exhibition and dont want the hassle of wasted traveling/parking time Novotel is great value. There are no 5 star trimmings but my stay was great, the only inconvenience is the limited operating hours for dry cleaning service.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 13 May 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

One of the older hotels in Dubai, we chose this as my wife and I were watching a show at the world trade centre and thought it would be nice to stay in a nearby hotel. Unfortunately the Novotel falls far short of the 4* rating it owns. Customer service at the front desk was the first disappointment, a wait in the queue to check in, however no acknowledgement or greeting from the staff until we were right in front of them. The process of checking in seemed to take much longer than normal, and we were sold a breakfast package with a discounted rate, however were not told about the executive package (which we found out about ourselves and booked later in the evening which was only 20dhs more and included free wifi, late check out and breakfast in the room, a much better deal than just breakfast so confusing why this wasn't offered on check in. The hotel style is in serious need of refurbishment, with very small rooms and dated decor. Service was paricularly slow and reluctant in the pool bar with one guy rushed off his feet despite only a handful of people using the facilities. There is a poor choice of restaurants, only the lobby restaurant and a 'blues bar' that has the TV on showing the news at 6pm...not really appropriate for a jazz venue! Everything in all venues, minibar, pool etc was extremely expensive, on par with 5* hotels in the area.
The main issue for us was the air conditioning in the room, or lack of it, despite setting it to 19, it did not get below 24 degrees all night which made the sleep particularly uncomfortable. Breakfast in the room was fantastic which gave us a glimmer of hope however was quickly dashed when checking out and the person at reception took our money and didn't even bother to ask how our stay was....one of my pet hates in hotels! Much better facilities, service and quality in many of the 3* hotels like holiday inn, centro hotels etc so would recommend them over the Novotel any day.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at Novotel as it is attached to WTC and exhibition center. after check in I went to my room and shcked to find out that I was given room for handicaps. Bathroom was with high tiolet seat and low sink plus a shower placed under a foldable chair. When I complained, i was told that this was the last room available. Next day I was given another room and while shifting half of my toiletries were missing. This is the only place in the world where I had to sign a form whenever I handed over my car for valet parking. Room was full of cigarette smell, sofa and chair had stains. Tube light in the cabinet kept blinking but never changed. shower gel tube was replaced only when I finished the one placed the first day. Towels smelled smoke.

Room Tip: no room has a special view to my knowledge

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

As an accord card holder I expected some service I got none. As a woman travelling alone in this part of the world I get a lot of chauvinistic reactions but you expect better from an international brand. At check in I was treated shabbily made to wait for over an hour while they verified my Booking mind you I got there at 3am with a prior booking for that day! Staff lack initiative and always need to ask their manager for the simple things! Either he is a tyrant or just plain controlling! I will not be back!

• Stayed April 2013