“Great Stay.”

Ranked #241 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Stay.”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The IBIS world trade centre is located centrally, and within a minute's walk from the metro station. Even if you take a taxi to anywhere from here it never costs more than 15 dirhams or so. Great lobby, and decently sized rooms. There is a bar in the lobby - Sublime. Great partying place with very posh crowd. For the price this hotel and its services are a steal. Going to stay here when back again. The staff is very friendly too. Free WI-FI can be accessed from the lobby only.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay. I have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations. Your comments is highly appreciated, positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Ibis WTC.

Email address: H5261-AM@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I live approximately 75 minutes driving time from this budget hotel in Dubai and from time to time I like to visit the Big City. On this occasion I needed simple accomodation as I was attending the Emirates LitFest(working there as a volunteer)nearby at Festival City, but couldn't afford the Intercon or Crowne Plaza.This should be perfect, I thought.The first thing one needs to know is that you have to park outside the hotel itself,on a narrow road,(much to the annoyance of impatient taxi drivers who have dropped off their fares and want to clear off!)while you check-in and obtain a reader for the multi-storey car park,situated above the hotel complex. When I got to Level 2 as instructed,the place was eerily empty and totally DEVOID of human life! I put my card in front of the machine...to my amazament, the barrier lifted,I entered and parked! Now...the next challenge! How to get to the hotel?? There was no-one to ask, nor were there ANY directions.You just have to guess! You think the hard part's over,don't you? Beware...my card reader worked on exit next day, but three other female guests were not so lucky.(Apparently, one of them had an interview to attend but she was forced to cancel it!) I saw them the next morning and was told about their problems in addition to having a dirty room. They waited over 1 hour for someone from hotel to rescue them from level 2 of the car park, the previous morning. I had handed in my car key and a member of the reception staff had given it to one of the three women who had been trapped the previous day!! I returned at 10.45 one evening and wanted a beer. One of the front desk staff indicated that I should ask a waitress and she would provide one but, in relity, if I wished to drink a beer, I would have had to face the noise and over-bright lights of the discotheque!!I did not want to subject myself to that noisy place so I retired to bed, without a drink! So, definitely a place to be avoided, especially if you are driving!

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking and high floor for better views of the city and beyond.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to apologize for the fact that your expectations were not met and for the inconvenienced caused. We have noted your feedback and we are currently congregating feedbacks from our guests to make sure we are taking every step to correct and improve the areas mentioned.

Our guest observations are paramount to us. We thank you for all your comments and we would like to assure you that anything brought to our notice is treated with care and attention it deserves. In this way, we hope to ameliorate any areas which our guests feel may need improvement.

Email address: H5261-AM@accor.com

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Ibis is an excellent choice for bargain travelers. My colleague and I stayed in a very small room with two twin beds for $102 USD. That's $51 per person. Do not expect a fancy hotel. This hotel does the bare minimum and that's just fine with me. Dubai can get expensive so I don't mind paying fifty bucks for a hotel room. Bring your own toiletries if you don't care for the hotel shampoo. It smells like cleaning soap as opposed to actual shampoo. The hotel is centrally located and taxis are in abundance outside the front door. Sublime is a bar in the back of the hotel. It sells alcohol. The servers at Sublime were not friendly at all. They were miserable and barely smiled. However, the hotel staff was consistently nice. Free wifi in the hotel lobby. Stay at Ibis if you want be centrally located and don't mind a tiny room to sleep in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

On behalf of the Hotel Team, I would like to apologize for the fact that your expectations were not met and for the inconvenience caused. The services we provide played an essential role in making our guests’ visit memorable and kindly note that this is not indicative of the standards we aspire to offer in Sublime. The Food & Beverage Manager has been informed and measures have been taken in order to avoid similar situation in future.

We hope to serve you better in your future visit with us.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I spend 4 nights, 5 days at this hotel for second time, it was nice and close to the world trade center, I thing only need to renew the room facility, but I really enjoined staying there.

• Stayed March 2012

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is perhaps one of Ibis' very old properties in the region. The rooms don't even have a minibar fridge even and the standard answer is "it is going to be upgraded soon, this year." Its a DIY property - where everything is on self service mode - provided it works!

The only reason to stay there would be the proximity to the Convention Center - where most trade shows are held. But the price fluctuates sharply based on events being held.

Staff are a bit arrogant since they know that guests would not have much choice in the vicinity of the Convention Center.

Room Tip: Book in advance and get your rate fixed. Do not take Wi-fi in the room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to apologize for the fact that your expectations were not met. We have noted your feedback and we are currently congregating feedbacks from our guests to make sure we are taking every step to correct and improve the area mentioned.

Manchester
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at ibis WTC last December during an exhibitionat world trade centre which is next door. It was ideal location and rooms were ok. Free wifi in lobby, Only down side in this hotel I had to take my luggages upstairs myself!. apart from this all was ok and staff were friendly. I have not tried theire Restaurant as there are few cafes and restaurants just outside the hotel and I always had my brekfast at nero which was opposite the hotel. Good value for money and excellent location for business.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ha A
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

Your feedback is highly appreciated, we are currently congregating feedbacks from our guests to make sure we are taking every step to correct and improve the areas.

Dublin
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a functional business hotel located in the World Trade Centre area of Dubai & it is connected to the convention centre. The rooms are basic enough but reasonably maintained. The lobby is quite nice & there is 3 computers for hire & free wifi, there is a charge for wifi in rooms, AED25 for an hour. There are water machines on every floor & a bottle of cold water can be purchased for as little as a dirham. Guests can avail of the pool facilities in the Novetel which is at the far end of the convention centre.

One of the security guards from Kazakhstan was extremely friendly & helpful & good for a laugh. The bar has themed nights which does not really fit into the profile of a business hotel. One night it was an R&B theme & another night it was a same sex theme!!! I did not dine in the hotel. It is only 2 minutes walk to a metro station & there is a cafe & a couple of places to eat on the doorstep.

The hotel is ok for business if you need to be based in the area as it is quite reasonable as opposed to other hotels in the area but not suitable for families or holiday makers or clientele who are used to the finer luxuries in life!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

We are currently congregating feedbacks from our guests to make sure we are taking every step to correct and improve the area mentioned.