“Meets expectations!!!”

Ranked #86 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Victoria, Seychelles
“Meets expectations!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was in Dubai for business, and spent two nights with my wife at this hotel. Overall first impression was 'Good', but then again there will always be small things which will make you nag (it may sound like mid-life crisis, but I'm only 34).
The room was very spacious, and you could actually fit another king size bed with space to still move around. A very clean hotel, and staff was alert enough to help in your many situations e.g. Not knowing where the actual breakfast lounge is. The bathrooms are equipped with a bidet, WC, bath, and a shower, which are all pleasant :-)
The bed was King size, and strangely enough that was the first two nights where my wife complained that I didn't come close to snuggle....I couldn't, it was a huge bed! Very comfortable indeed, and we both slept like we were knocked out over Tequila shots. A good bed will keep you away from finding things to complain about, and I must admit it did work, cause' I think this hotel could be worth 4.5 stars over 5.
My only issue with the rooms were the continuous flashings of the lights from the wireless router found under the desk, and that of the smoke alarm which both comes alive when you turn off the lights. Having said that, it will only bother you if you sleep with your eyes open. The rooms windows are double glazed, which is perfect as it keeps every single noise out...planes, trains, & automobiles! You get the picture.
The rooms are equipped with HD Tv's and really keeps you comfortable over your period of stay. For once I got a Tv at a hotel where there were no noise on the screen!
If you want to call the concierge downstairs, forget about reading all the leaflets where it says 'numbers to every departments', just concentrate on the actual phone and you'll find it on there.

There are some great restaurants to venture in, and a beautifully set bar if you want sip and dream to the tones of the piano. JW Marriott is big hotel, and it has it's own little city within if you don't feel like going walkabouts.
A really stunning hotel overall, with room to improve, as it lacks a bit of the wow factor.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, but only if it fits your budget.

Room Tip: Just read all comments from the ones who experienced their stay at different hotels. It's pretty...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DXBAE, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time, & effort to post such detailed feedback!

As others have mentioned in reviews, we are fortunate with our large sized rooms, & attentive team members. You also described us as a little city within a hotel, & that is so true. With 10 restaurants, bars, & lounges, roof top pool, gym, & spa, you don't really need to step out!

We hope you will give us the opportunity, & privilege of welcoming you back, & experience the WOW factor that we strive to deliver to all our valued guests.

Kind regards,

JW Marriott Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This happened to be a rush trip and we were looking for quick visa processing. Some hotels gave us a week to eight days. JW Marriot visa desk asked for four working days and delivered in two working days. I happily preponed my reservation at the hotel and attended to my work.

The hotel itself is what you would normally expect from a five star hotel. quite close to the airport, the Gold Souk, Deira City center and the Spice market. We had to travel to Media city and Internet city, which was some distance away, had to take care of early departure during peak hours. The Italian restaurant is good, as also the market place. The marketplace is a group of four restaurants, we chose the German one and enjoyed Paulaner beer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed in JW for 2 weeks business trip.Rooms are comfortable and service is great.Would recommend anyone on business like me.For leisure trips would recommend Marriott at Marquees.They do serve Indian breakfast which you definitely would like if you are Indian or like Indian food.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the JW Marriott Dubai.
The staff were very professional and accommodating. The hotel rooms are generous is size and have very nice amenities. The beds were super comfy.
I highly recommend the breakfast buffet. It all blow your mind how many selections you have to chose from. Come hungry.
The concierge was very helpful and arranged several tours for us.
Our flights were not until 2am and the hotel stored our luggage for us while we toured the sights on our last day. They also gave us access to the gym locker room that evening to change & repack before our long flight back to the States.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HavePillow
DXBAE, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, & feedback on your stay with us.

You have highlighted the professionalism of our team, our generous room sizes, comfortable beds, & the quality & variety of the breakfast buffet. Thank you for covering, well almost, all aspects of our product that we are so proud of! The next time you visit, take the time to relax at our roof top pool, & try our popular restaurants: JW Steakhouse, Cucina ( Italian), Hofbrauhaus ( German), & Bamboo Lagoon ( Pan Asian).

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband arranged for a getaway for us at the JW Marriott so we can enjoy and as our the World famous JW Steakhouse.

He arranged a few surprises with Sid Sattanathan, who is a stunning person for which nothing was too much trouble.

We had a great evening at the Steakhouse and I have not been so spoilt and looked after ever.

I would recommend the JW Marriott for both locals and international visitors. The location is in old Dubai but still as charming as ever. JW also does amazing Friday/ Saturday 'Brunches' across their restaurants...an experience we hope to experience soon but looked awesome.

My favorite was the Village Square in the centre of the Hotel. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quick weekend break or a base of operations to explore Dubai

Stayed May 2014
DXBAE, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ms. Odendaal,

Thank you so much for your encouraging feedback. It was an absolute pleasure being of assistance, & I am glad that you felt thoroughly spoilt.

Yes, our JW Steakhouse is a special place, & one only needs to read the glowing feedback it receives on this travel review website's pages. And I am glad that you noticed the unique offer we have with our Friday Brunch, where our guests can sit at any one of our 3 participating restaurants ( Market Place-International Buffet; Bamboo Lagoon-Pan Asian, & Hofbrauhaus-German), & help yourself from all the 3 fantastic buffets that we lay out ! What one should also note, is that this dine around option is also to be enjoyed on Thursday & Friday evenings. Do come & experience the buzz, the music, & the entertainment that we have to offer.

Our team, & I look forward to welcoming you back with your family.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

amazing hotel lovely staff . room its was clean .piano lonuge fa
untastice front desk agent egyption guy very helpfull .room amenities good . location excellent close to dubai airport if ianna back to dubai sure this hotel will be my choice

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

First I was disappointed when I entered the neighbourhood, because I have been to Dubai before and I expected something a bit better. However, once I arrived my concerns dissipated. From the moment you enter their staff make you feel comfortable and everybody was extremely helpful and kind. Their breakfast offers a big selection for all tastes. They have several restaurants and quite good (those I tried at least). The taxis are so cheap in Dubai that unless you want a view, you on't care amour the area. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

As a Top Contributor to this travel website, & a well traveled individual, I take your positive comments on our helpful team members, our breakfast buffet's variety, & wide choice of 6 restaurants with even greater gratitude.

I would like to expand on two areas you touched upon, & let me start with our breakfast buffet's large variety. We do indeed have something for all tastes, where one can choose from fresh fruits, Arabic cheese & labneh, freshly baked croissants & breads, Asian noodles, Indian vegetarian specials, an omelette station where our Chef makes your eggs to order, pancakes & waffles, smoothies,and a cheese selection. All of this accompanied by juices, or freshly brewed tea & coffee. And not to mention, being welcomed, & served by our friendly & cheerful associates. What better way to start the day in our exciting city than with a fulfilling breakfast!

Regarding your comments on our location, I have to respect your opinion, but would also like to state that there are many a guest who choose Diera, as they enjoy the hustle of being in the old downtown area of the city with restaurants & shops within an easy walk. And should one wish to get to the newer areas, taxis as you mention are cheap, & the metro, even more economical, is conveniently located at a 5 minute walking distance.

Thank you again for your encouraging feedback, & we look forward to welcoming you back when you are on your travels again.